Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 

Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1089

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 am

I just finished making this one. I haven't been able to test it against proper decks because I always kept running into Exodia/stall/burn stuff. As the title says, this deck aims to be something between a fast synchro deck and a fast xyz deck, that can tackle the current metagame.

Deck:

Monsters = 20

3x Masked Chameleon
3x Mist Valley Soldier
3x Goblindbergh
3x Goblin Elite Attack Force
2x Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
2x Sacred Crane
2x Photon Crusher
2x Reborn Tengu

Spells = 10

3x MST
1x One Day of Peace
1x Dark Hole
1x Reinforcement of the Army
2x Instant Fusion
2x Upstart Goblin

Traps = 10

2x Mirror Force
2x Zoma the Spirit
2x Draining Shield
1x Bottomless
1x Solemn Warning
1x Black Horn of Heaven

Total Cards = 20+10+10=40

Extra Deck :

Synchros
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Crimson Blader
1x Stardust Spark Dragon

Xyzs

1x Ice-Beast Zerofyne
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Blackship of Corn
1x Photon Papilloperative
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Silent Honor ARK

Fusions
2x Darkfire Dragon

Spoiler:

As you see, the idea is to bring out rank 4s and level 8s quickly, and I can say it succeeds in accomplishing that.

Moving on to my choice of cards. The first thing that you might find odd is Draining Shield. It is there because of the two Instant Fusions and Solemn Warning. After playing this game for so long, I've realized that letting your LP down too much just makes the game easier for your opponent. Since this deck manages a decent field presence and has monsters with okay-ish ATK, Draining Shield fits pretty well imo.

Second, Mist Valley Soldier over Flamvell Soldier or Rose, Warrior of Revenge. Soldier is WIND Winged-Beast, and can bounce stuff back. Since there are plenty of Winged-Beasts in this deck, I can also use it in case I need the ridiculously OP Ice-Beast Zerofyne. Rose is Warrior, so I can search it out with Reinforcement of the Army, but given that the card is limited, I thought it would be unwise to include it since it has a lower ATK and an effect that isn't too useful. I haven't ruled out Rose completely though, I might use it in case I change my mind.

Third, Zoma the Spirit. It is a pretty nice card, with a cool burn effect that can stop the opponent from attacking and becomes a Level 4 Trap monster, giving me more support for Xyz.

Also, Crimson Blader and Steelswarm Roach together is kinda odd, but Roach isn't much of a beater and I want to keep my options open if I run into something like Dark World.

Goblindbergh over Tin Goldfish because it is Warrior and can be searched by Reinforcement of the Army, with 0 DEF that can be used by Masked Chameleon.

Photon Crusher, I might replace with Indomitable Fighter Lei-Lei because it has more attack. I am also considering Spear Dragon because of its 0 DEF and WIND attribute, to bring out Lightning Chidori, which is a great monster.

Well, that's pretty much it. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 am

If you're playing Xyz spam, I'd think Kagetokage is a must. I'm not sure how I feel about Goblin Attack Force at 3. Also I know you may disagree, but Tengu just isn't all that reliable at 2. If you draw them both, they're useless. I'd definitely consider the Chaos dragons instead: White Dragon Wyverburster and Black Dragon Collapserpent. Much more reliable engine, more powerful than Tengu himself, and chaos fodder if you so choose to run BLS (you do have a few other LIGHTs and DARKs in here too). Also, do you really need all that draw power? I would feel that in this type of deck, searching is better than mindlessly drawing. Speaking of searching, you should add a Foolish Burial. Like no joke, so many combos. Since you have so many different types in here, maybe even try a Pot of Duplicity, though it does have a heavy cost.

Extra is nice. I know you're running low on space, but you are missing some important Rank 4s like Utopia, Emeral, Lavalval Chain, and Gagaga Cowboy. Then again, I've never played with Ark or Zerofyne, so maybe you don't need them? It's your call.

moronic_knight wrote:
The first thing that you might find odd is Draining Shield. It is there because of the two Instant Fusions and Solemn Warning. After playing this game for so long, I've realized that letting your LP down too much just makes the game easier for your opponent. Since this deck manages a decent field presence and has monsters with okay-ish ATK, Draining Shield fits pretty well imo.
Even so, Draining Shield is still outclassed by Magic Cylinder. Nowadays the game's too short anyway, so making it shorter isn't a problem lol. You only should run Draining Shield for either a stall deck, in which case you'd have Cylinder anyway, or something like an anti-cure or anti-heal deck. Otherwise it's not worth it imo.

Everything else looks pretty solid though.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 am

I think this deck idea is better done with zombies. For one zombie master has 0 def making him a usable target, not to mention the ammout of resourses a zombie deck has. In addition zombies already have a good engine towards rank4 and if you wanted to add to the synchro shenaigans you could easily use plague for level hoping 6, to 8.
I don't like zep in your current deck.

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:14 am

Hippocampus wrote:
If you're playing Xyz spam, I'd think Kagetokage is a must. I'm not sure how I feel about Goblin Attack Force at 3. Also I know you may disagree, but Tengu just isn't all that reliable at 2. If you draw them both, they're useless. I'd definitely consider the Chaos dragons instead: White Dragon Wyverburster and Black Dragon Collapserpent. Much more reliable engine, more powerful than Tengu himself, and chaos fodder if you so choose to run BLS (you do have a few other LIGHTs and DARKs in here too). Also, do you really need all that draw power? I would feel that in this type of deck, searching is better than mindlessly drawing. Speaking of searching, you should add a Foolish Burial. Like no joke, so many combos. Since you have so many different types in here, maybe even try a Pot of Duplicity, though it does have a heavy cost.

Extra is nice. I know you're running low on space, but you are missing some important Rank 4s like Utopia, Emeral, Lavalval Chain, and Gagaga Cowboy. Then again, I've never played with Ark or Zerofyne, so maybe you don't need them? It's your call.

Since I'm not running King of the Feral Imps, Kagetokage seems bit of a liability. I've ditched the Masked Chameleon altogether, replacing it with Rose.

On the Chaos Dragons, I'm not running them because I already have not one, but two LIGHT/DARK Rank 4 Xyz decks where I use them, one of which you had seen in action when I was dueling Catastor. Needed a breath of fresh air Razz

Seriously speaking, I think Zerofyne is way powerful compared to the generic Rank 4s. Like yesterday, a guy with a Zombie deck got three Lavalval Chains and one Master Key Beetle/Safe Zone lock out on his first turn. I just shrugged, summoned Zerofyne which negated both his Safe Zone and his Master Key Beetle's effects, then ran him over with the +1500 ATK boost it got.

Tengu can be bad if I draw both copies, the reason it is in is because it is the most splashable level 4 WIND monster imo. (EDIT : Also, it combos extremely well with Relieve Monster) Since I now have Pot of Dichotomy in, I don't think that is going to be an issue anymore.

I should have added Foolish Burial earlier.  frying pan

Wynn wrote:
I think this deck idea is better done with zombies. For one zombie master has 0 def making him a usable target, not to mention the ammout of resourses a zombie deck has. In addition zombies already have a good engine towards rank4 and if you wanted to add to the synchro shenaigans you could easily use plague for level hoping 6, to 8.
I don't like zep in your current deck.

I agree with that point. Masked Chameleon combos really well with Zombie Master and the Gogogo Zombies. I've run Zombies for a really long time, and I am horribly bored with them. I also agree that they do have a ton of resources : Book of Life, Pyramid Turtle, Zombie Master, Blue-Blooded Oni, Il Blud, Call of the Mummy, Zombie World, Mezuki, Goblin Zombie, Plaguespreader Zombie, so on and so forth. But the reason I decided to build this deck itself, and the reason why I am including Zephyros, is Ice-Beast Zerofyne, which won't fit there without DNA Surgery. And DNA Surgery ruins the whole point of a Zombie deck.

Here's the new build. It has been doing good so far, losing only to Fire Fists twice.

Spoiler:

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:01 am

I think you should be using the wind lv4 fusion so it can be used for all of your extra deck summons.
I also think you don't need 3x of both tuners and maybe replace 1 of each for a scrap beast and or prism. I think call of the haunted is needed in this deck idea. Because it is a simple way to use zep. lol call crane, draw summon something else xyz or synchro, then call remains dead so later on bounce call for further use and revive zep to help with additional summon.

Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Charmer Power : 5697
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:11 am

No Summoner Monk and Kagetokage? Try to include cards that special summon fast. I'd say, take out Monster Relieve, and Spirit Force, all 2 Zoma, for 2 Summoner Monk and 2 Kagetokage/Photon Thrasher.

Also, in what situation Mist Valley Soldier is better than Vylon Prism here?

Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
No Summoner Monk and Kagetokage?

Summoner is there in the side. I'm not running Kagetokage b/c I don't have space in the extra for King of the Feral Imps. Besides, there's already two Tin Goldfish and 3 Goblindberghs.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Also, in what situation Mist Valley Soldier is better than Vylon Prism here?

Soldier is WIND Winged-Beast, can be used as Xyz material for Lightning Chidori or Ice-Beast Zerofyne, like I said earlier.

Wynn wrote:
I think you should be using the wind lv4 fusion so it can be used for all of your extra deck summons

Unfortunately, Mavelus, if I recall correctly, is not legal in the TCG :-(

EDIT : DN is playing tricks with me. Mavelus does not have the "OCG" tag on it anymore, but Rare Fish still does. @
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 am

moronic_knight wrote:
Since I'm not running King of the Feral Imps, Kagetokage seems bit of a liability.
You don't HAVE to run King of the Feral Imps to run Kagetokage. It's more of a general card that works in any Rank 4 Xyz spam deck just like Goblindbergh or Tin Goldfish. I mean yeah King of the Feral Imps helps, but honestly I view it as more of a tech for something you can use if you're running another Reptile card unusual to Rank 4 decks.

On your new build, it's better. But I still don't see why you need One Day of Peace. I also agree with Wynn in that you should try Call of the Haunted. And what's the dragon next to Tengu called?

moronic_knight wrote:
Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
No Summoner Monk and Kagetokage?
Summoner is there in the side. I'm not running Kagetokage b/c I don't have space in the extra for King of the Feral Imps. Besides, there's already two Tin Goldfish and 3 Goblindberghs.
I actually don't like Summoner Monk in here. Your spells for the most part are pretty important, and I'd rarely see you needing to ditch them.

moronic_knight wrote:
EDIT : DN is playing tricks with me. Mavelus does not have the "OCG" tag on it anymore, but Rare Fish still does. @
Yeah, Mavelus just became TCG legal a few days ago when it came out in AP04.

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Last edited by Hippocampus on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:40 am

Hippocampus wrote:
moronic_knight wrote:
Since I'm not running King of the Feral Imps, Kagetokage seems bit of a liability.
You don't HAVE to run King of the Feral Imps to run Kagetokage. It's more of a general card that works in any Rank 4 Xyz spam deck just like Goblindbergh or Tin Goldfish. I mean yeah King of the Feral Imps helps, but honestly I view it as more of a tech for something you can use if you're running another Reptile card unusual to Rank 4 decks.

Actually, I think Kagetokage IS pretty bad in this deck without King. Kagetokage, in fact, was the reason I put Zoma and Instant Fusion in. Why? Because number 1, it cannot be used as a Synchro material monster, and number 2, running it is risking a dead draw, since you actually can't do anything unless you have another level 4 in your hand. It can be pretty annoying when you have nothing in your hand and you draw Kagetokage. I don't want to take that chance.

Hippocampus wrote:
But I still don't see why you need One Day of Peace. I also agree with Wynn in that you should try Call of the Haunted. And what's the dragon next to Tengu called?

On Call of the Haunted, suggestion taken. One Day of Peace because it usually helps out in bad situations, by negating your damage and allowing you to draw 1.

The dragon next to Tengu is Dodger Dragon (4*/WIND/Dragon/1900/1200/"The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated. Your opponent cannot activate Counter Trap Cards the turn this card is Normal Summoned."). Just another level 4 WIND monster for Chidori, with a semi-useful effect.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
One Day of Peace because it usually helps out in bad situations, by negating your damage and allowing you to draw 1.
But the thing is... it also negates your opponent's damage, and it also allows your opponent to draw 1. And unless you have a VERY good reason for doing so, you really shouldn't make your opponent get more plusses than necessary. The other thing about One Day of Peace is that it's worse off because it's limited, so you don't get to see it very often (unless your duels are very long lol). To me it just seems like a filler card you put in there because you didn't know of anything else to include. I don't like it, but in the end tis your deck.

Also, that side deck makes me smile XD

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)   

Back to top Go down

Need help with this deck (Fast Synchro/Xyz)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1