Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 
 

 Charmers Visual Novel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Wow, sorry I've been away for a few days, guys. Glad to see there's been a lot of progress without me Razz

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Now what we established already:
Dharc starts out in the Charmers Forest with the other 5 Charmers, all of them being mentored by Doriado.

Thats the beginning If I am right. Correct me If I am wrong.
Correct. Mainly because I think it's the easiest way to set up the story lol

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
In the first part of the story Dharc should have different events with each of the Charmers to establish their personalities. While all of them should be fitting their elements, I would say that none of them are really as they act.
Example: Hiita acts more brutal than the others because her Element is easily the most dangerous. Earth, Wind and Water are all basically "still" outside of control. Fire on the other hand "lives" and "comsumes to live". Therefor her being a brutal and foul-mouthed, excuse my choice of words here, BITCH is more of a protective mechanism so she can concentrate on keeping her fires under control. Basically her letting of steam.
Wait, so you're saying they SHOULDN'T act corresponding to their elements? Then how would that make sense?

Binding Dharc wrote:
FIRST: Due to my personal feelings about Charmers (which I had voiced in the General Charmer Discussion Thread) I would mostly like to work on Hiita's path, which would make Yami and I partners in this little endeavor. I will be sure to help out with the basic story-telling of all the paths, but my focus would be Hiita.
Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
FIRST OF ALL: If you want to take Hiitas Part then do that. I will just take another path. Due to the fact that we don't have that many writers right now, It would be better if we take one writer per path. Believe me when i tell you that it goes into utter CHAOS if more than one person wants to work on the same character XX
Hmm, well if you would like to do Hiita's path, Binding Dharc, then you can. Yami does have a point though about multiple people working on the same path (plus this would mean I'd have to do the other 4 paths myself -_-), so he has informed me that he'll more than likely take Eria's path instead. That is, unless you'd rather take someone else? I'm trying to be really flexible here so no one becomes unhappy about what they choose to do.

Binding Dharc wrote:
SECOND: In regards to the starting point mentioned earlier, I think it's a very good one, and I like the idea of making Meda Bat part antagonist.
Okay, so that'll be the intro then. I'll begin working on the dialogue for it, but anyone can feel free to add details Smile

Binding Dharc wrote:
THIRD: Now, in regards to what part of the story we should figure out next, I believe what we need to decide on first and foremost is who the main antagonist/villain is?
Deciding on this will be the major factor in deciding what the later plot ends up being (referring back to whether there will be an attack on the village or if they leave on a journey) So I suggest we all think up a few ideas of who we think would make the best main antagonist/villain for the story (This would be regardless of the player's chosen path) and whether or not it may be best to make the main ant. an OC.
ally of justice catastor wrote:
nah, I can't say that

OC is always seen as a bad thing in almost anything, and well, I can say that's true, since no matter how you do it, there's always someone who will come to say "its a freaking Mary Sue" and stuff

so I believe we should just tune some Yu-Gi-Oh chara as the antagonist

like, perhaps, Invader of Darkness/Gogiga Gagagigo for Eria's route, some that seems to have connection with them or even some evil thingy you saw on some cards

but if you do managed to make a good OC, I will follow what you says
I agree with this a lot, actually. Making an OC is not only more difficult to do right, but it also would alienate the player who expects to see a story that can abide by the canon. There aren't any OCs in the RPG Runo's made, so by comparison I wouldn't think there should be any OCs in here, either.
That being said, I don't exactly think there should be multiple villains, one for each path, like you're suggesting catastor. Because this is all one story, there should be only one main antagonist who is causing the Charmers to react against its evil, and it should be controlling any and all sub-antagonists that are path-specific, if that makes sense. So if we were to use Invader of Darkness when you're on Eria's path, for example, Invader of Darkness could maybe be the first-in-command to something far more powerful that you encounter later, but would encounter no matter what path. Of course, your fighting style may be different depending on which Charmer is helping you.

Just my thoughts, anyway. If it doesn't make sense, we can do something else lol

Binding Dharc wrote:
FOURTH: In addition to the main ant., what we need to do before anything else is decide (concisely) the personalities of the Charmers. Given that we all have to have slightly different interpretations on them, we should each post our own interpretations, and that collaboratively figure out which traits work best, mixing and matching pieces of everyone's ideas.
Agreed. Well, after a bit of thinking, I've decided that I'd like to work on Wynn's and Aussa's paths. Reasons being that Hiita is already taken, I think Yami would do a better job than I would at Eria, and I honestly have NO ideas about a characterization for Lyna lol. So, here are my thoughts about Wynn and Aussa:

-Wynn is definitely timid, I bet we all can agree on that. She may be one of the harder characters to win over because of that. The thing about Wynn is that she is very supportive of anyone's intentions, but she doesn't like being bossed around or mistreated because she would break down after a while. So she's not exactly independent, but not exactly dependent either. I also think she should be one of the strongest characters spiritually and magically, but she doesn't always realize this about herself until later on in the story (which in turn could be what Dharc can help her with). Her familiar Petit Dragon is typically laidback and adventurous, but becomes a bit protective of her in its FP form, almost like a guide.
-Aussa, on the other hand, is a bit more headstrong than Wynn. Of the Charmers, she obviously thinks the most critically and will take some time to analyze any given scenario. She loves to read and has an overbearing quest for knowledge, and she loves to get stuff done! What she does lack, however, is the ability to think simplistically (think of the "how do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator" joke XD), and she can also panic if there's some kind of flaw in her logic. She also likes to advise everyone, and becomes a bit irked if they don't do what she tells them (and even moreso if they actually profited from ignoring her advice). Her familiar Archfiend Marmot of Nefariousness is also laidback in personality, but even though it doesn't mind when Aussa tells it what to do, it can offer her a different outlook on a given situation.

What does everyone think about this?
And if I may ask... would anyone like to do Lyna? X3

Binding Dharc wrote:
First of all, if your reasoning for this is that your find these characters lackluster without cause or depth, then I would have to disagree and point out that the very beginning Hippo has scripted is reason for that personality alone (in that his parents die in the monsters' raid) Making his reason for being emotionally void that he no longer wants to get close to others, afraid that if he does and they die like his parents, he wouldn't be able to bare it.
I'm so happy that my work can be analyzed by others more than I can analyze it myself XD

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
FOURTH: That will be where shit hits the fan I would say. We will have to split the Charmers so everyone can post 1 or 2 Charmer Characterization. In this regard I would currently say:

Binding Dharc: You do Hiitas personality.
Hippo: You (the boss) and Catastor would have to work together on Dharc I guess.
Catastor: See above
CCYami (me): Well I take whatever you want me to do (got chracterizations for all of them)
The thing is, just because one person is doing a path for a specific charmer doesn't mean other people can't influence that person's idea of characterization. In fact, this would reinforce the whole community aspect of the project... if that weren't the case, then I would probably write the entire story by myself lol. And it would also allow the characters to be more believable as well. In the same way that you asked me whether or not I liked your version of Eria, you could influence Binding Dharc's depiction of Hiita, catastor's depiction of Meda Bat, etc.. And frankly, because Dharc is the protagonist, I think EVERYONE who is involved in this should spend some time on his characterization (even though we've already done that to an extent).
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
FIRST OF ALL: If you want to take Hiitas Part then do that. I will just take another path. Due to the fact that we don't have that many writers right now, It would be better if we take one writer per path. Believe me when i tell you that it goes into utter CHAOS if more than one person wants to work on the same character XX
I wouldn't say it would be chaos, but I do agree it would take longer, and with fewer writers, it would be best to spread out
Hippocampus wrote:
Hmm, well if you would like to do Hiita's path, Binding Dharc, then you can. Yami does have a point though about multiple people working on the same path (plus this would mean I'd have to do the other 4 paths myself -_-), so he has informed me that he'll more than likely take Eria's path instead. That is, unless you'd rather take someone else? I'm trying to be really flexible here so no one becomes unhappy about what they choose to do.
So yes, I will be taking Hiita.

ally of justice catastor wrote:
nah, I can't say that

OC is always seen as a bad thing in almost anything, and well, I can say that's true, since no matter how you do it, there's always someone who will come to say "its a freaking Mary Sue" and stuff

so I believe we should just tune some Yu-Gi-Oh chara as the antagonist

like, perhaps, Invader of Darkness/Gogiga Gagagigo for Eria's route, some that seems to have connection with them or even some evil thingy you saw on some cards

but if you do managed to make a good OC, I will follow what you says
hm... I've never actually had that before. Regardless, that was just an idea, I agree that it would be best to use a real card.
Hippocampus wrote:
I agree with this a lot, actually. Making an OC is not only more difficult to do right, but it also would alienate the player who expects to see a story that can abide by the canon. There aren't any OCs in the RPG Runo's made, so by comparison I wouldn't think there should be any OCs in here, either.
That being said, I don't exactly think there should be multiple villains, one for each path, like you're suggesting catastor. Because this is all one story, there should be only one main antagonist who is causing the Charmers to react against its evil, and it should be controlling any and all sub-antagonists that are path-specific, if that makes sense. So if we were to use Invader of Darkness when you're on Eria's path, for example, Invader of Darkness could maybe be the first-in-command to something far more powerful that you encounter later, but would encounter no matter what path. Of course, your fighting style may be different depending on which Charmer is helping you.

Just my thoughts, anyway. If it doesn't make sense, we can do something else lol
Exactly, I was talking about the final atnagonist regardless of route chosen. With that in mind, my suggestion would be to use either a Steelswarm monster or a Fabled monster.

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
FOURTH: That will be where shit hits the fan I would say. We will have to split the Charmers so everyone can post 1 or 2 Charmer Characterization. In this regard I would currently say:

Binding Dharc: You do Hiitas personality.
Hippo: You (the boss) and Catastor would have to work together on Dharc I guess.
Catastor: See above
CCYami (me): Well I take whatever you want me to do (got chracterizations for all of them)
Hippocampus wrote:
The thing is, just because one person is doing a path for a specific charmer doesn't mean other people can't influence that person's idea of characterization. In fact, this would reinforce the whole community aspect of the project... if that weren't the case, then I would probably write the entire story by myself lol. And it would also allow the characters to be more believable as well. In the same way that you asked me whether or not I liked your version of Eria, you could influence Binding Dharc's depiction of Hiita, catastor's depiction of Meda Bat, etc.. And frankly, because Dharc is the protagonist, I think EVERYONE who is involved in this should spend some time on his characterization (even though we've already done that to an extent).
Like Hippo says, even if we mainly work on one route, it is best to collaborate on the characters themselves. So in a kind of merge of our ideas, we could give the personalities for the ones we're writing the routes for, and then the rest can provide tweaks if they think it would benefit the character.

With that in mind:

-Hiita is high-energy and the most driven of the Charmers. She always aims high and desires to be the best. This personality also makes her incredibly stubborn no matter how unfavorable the circumstances, refusing to ever give up. It also makes it very difficult for her to follow orders from others, which can sometimes put herself and others at risk (a quality that would be worked on in the story). Even though, her friends and loved ones are extremely important to her, and she wants to protect them (this can likely stem back to a perhaps traumatic experience in her own past similar to Dharc's, which would become a bonding point for them later in Hiita's route). Her familiar Fire Fox is playful (perhaps mischievous), liking to tease others, but takes combat serious, where his speed is his greatest weapon.

Hippocampus wrote:
I'm so happy that my work can be analyzed by others more than I can analyze it myself XD
My analysis skill is one of my best qualities, (you should see some of my mangafox forum posts).

_________________
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:21 am

Binding Dharc wrote:
Exactly, I was talking about the final atnagonist regardless of route chosen. With that in mind, my suggestion would be to use either a Steelswarm monster or a Fabled monster.
That actually poses an interesting question. What are everybody's thoughts on Duel Terminal monsters/characters in this? I'm assuming we can include Wynnda in this story, since she is confirmed to be Wynn's sister, so maybe she can like drop by for a surprise visit or something on Wynn's path lol. But as far as including something like a Steelswarm or Fabled monster, that would require us to think about how the story of DT is intertwined with the story of the Charmers, and may be difficult not to contradict canon. Of course, if you guys don't care about that, then... XD
Still, it's better that I pose the question; rather be safe than sorry.

Binding Dharc wrote:
-Hiita is high-energy and the most driven of the Charmers. She always aims high and desires to be the best. This personality also makes her incredibly stubborn no matter how unfavorable the circumstances, refusing to ever give up. It also makes it very difficult for her to follow orders from others, which can sometimes put herself and others at risk (a quality that would be worked on in the story). Even though, her friends and loved ones are extremely important to her, and she wants to protect them (this can likely stem back to a perhaps traumatic experience in her own past similar to Dharc's, which would become a bonding point for them later in Hiita's route). Her familiar Fire Fox is playful (perhaps mischievous), liking to tease others, but takes combat serious, where his speed is his greatest weapon.
Yup, this looks pretty good to me! Although I'd wait to see what Yami thinks.

Binding Dharc wrote:
My analysis skill is one of my best qualities, (you should see some of my mangafox forum posts).
Lol what's your username on there?

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 420
Charmer Power : 1484
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 19
Location : a dimension called EXTRA DECK
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:34 am

Hippocampus wrote:
That actually poses an interesting question. What are everybody's thoughts on Duel Terminal monsters/characters in this? I'm assuming we can include Wynnda in this story, since she is confirmed to be Wynn's sister, so maybe she can like drop by for a surprise visit or something on Wynn's path lol. But as far as including something like a Steelswarm or Fabled monster, that would require us to think about how the story of DT is intertwined with the story of the Charmers, and may be difficult not to contradict canon. Of course, if you guys don't care about that, then... XD
Still, it's better that I pose the question; rather be safe than sorry.
if anything, I think we just need a universal enemy until the middle of the story, where Dharc then choose who he would be with and the enemy shift into the one you choose enemy

like this:
if the universal enemy is like Gogiga Gagagigo, if you choose to goes with Hiita, you will then tries to kill it to save the Charmer Forest from his rampage, yet if you choose to follow Eria's route, you will confront Kozaky and tries to save Gogiga Gagagigo

so ya can change the enemy target by the one you choose, I think its a bit logical to do that

also, about Dharc, if you ever read a fanfic about Game!Red from Pokemon, I see him like that, a man with almost no emotion and won't talk when he didn't need to, yet so warm to those beloved one for him

_________________

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:31 pm

ally of justice catastor wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
That actually poses an interesting question. What are everybody's thoughts on Duel Terminal monsters/characters in this? I'm assuming we can include Wynnda in this story, since she is confirmed to be Wynn's sister, so maybe she can like drop by for a surprise visit or something on Wynn's path lol. But as far as including something like a Steelswarm or Fabled monster, that would require us to think about how the story of DT is intertwined with the story of the Charmers, and may be difficult not to contradict canon. Of course, if you guys don't care about that, then... XD
Still, it's better that I pose the question; rather be safe than sorry.
if anything, I think we just need a universal enemy until the middle of the story, where Dharc then choose who he would be with and the enemy shift into the one you choose enemy

like this:
if the universal enemy is like Gogiga Gagagigo, if you choose to goes with Hiita, you will then tries to kill it to save the Charmer Forest from his rampage, yet if you choose to follow Eria's route, you will confront Kozaky and tries to save Gogiga Gagagigo

so ya can change the enemy target by the one you choose, I think its a bit logical to do that
That is a very good point catastor, but I don't really see how it related to the question I asked Razz Still, I would like to implement something like that.

ally of justice catastor wrote:
also, about Dharc, if you ever read a fanfic about Game!Red from Pokemon, I see him like that, a man with almost no emotion and won't talk when he didn't need to, yet so warm to those beloved one for him
Well the difference between Dharc and Red is that Red is a silent protagonist so doesn't have any dialogue in the games at all, and the player basically fills in what he's thinking based on what the other NPCs say. Because this VN would be from the perspective of Dharc, we'll be adding Dharc's thoughts as part of the dialogue. So he would be at least be constantly relaying his thoughts to the player, if not speaking the occasional word to the others in the story. He can be very cautious or reserved when confronting another character however.

Another question for you guys (not super important right now, but out of curiosity): do you think the dialogue should be written from the perspective of Dharc as he's experiencing the events in the story (present tense) or if he's looking back on everything that happened (past tense)?

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:51 pm

ally of justice catastor wrote:
if anything, I think we just need a universal enemy until the middle of the story, where Dharc then choose who he would be with and the enemy shift into the one you choose enemy

like this:
if the universal enemy is like Gogiga Gagagigo, if you choose to goes with Hiita, you will then tries to kill it to save the Charmer Forest from his rampage, yet if you choose to follow Eria's route, you will confront Kozaky and tries to save Gogiga Gagagigo

so ya can change the enemy target by the one you choose, I think its a bit logical to do that
I see what you're saying, and of course things like this were certain enemies and what happens to them differ based on route, but I still maintain an absolute final antagonist that never differs is needed in order to properly maintain the chain of events in the overall story for later when we're thinking up plot points to follow. If each route had a different end antagonist, the plot points would have to branch out for each route, making it more difficult to write. It's certainly possible, but I would have to be against it.

Hippocampus wrote:
Another question for you guys (not super important right now, but out of curiosity): do you think the dialogue should be written from the perspective of Dharc as he's experiencing the events in the story (present tense) or if he's looking back on everything that happened (past tense)?
I would say present tense, but that's mostly because it's what I'm used to writing in anyways. If the others want to do it in past tense, I'm fine with that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Binding Dharc wrote:
Exactly, I was talking about the final atnagonist regardless of route chosen. With that in mind, my suggestion would be to use either a Steelswarm monster or a Fabled monster.
That actually poses an interesting question. What are everybody's thoughts on Duel Terminal monsters/characters in this? I'm assuming we can include Wynnda in this story, since she is confirmed to be Wynn's sister, so maybe she can like drop by for a surprise visit or something on Wynn's path lol. But as far as including something like a Steelswarm or Fabled monster, that would require us to think about how the story of DT is intertwined with the story of the Charmers, and may be difficult not to contradict canon. Of course, if you guys don't care about that, then... XD
Still, it's better that I pose the question; rather be safe than sorry.

While it can be implemented, it'll complicate more things. Adding Duel Terminal archetype can make the story could differ from canon, and it'll drag the story to explain why this and that happened in DT war. Not to mention, archetypes contains multiple monsters, and even if we didn't use all of them, you still need to characterize those multiple monsters and the reason why they fight the Charmer while they actually is BUSY in the DT war itself. Remember, DT monsters already has their own enemies, and they also busy in the war itself.

To be safe, I suggest using antagonist that's not belong to an archetype, so the story won't drag into that archetype's original story. Or, we can use antagonist from an archetype, but make sure that archetype itself doesn't have their own enemies yet or they not involved in any kind of war (ex: Fortune Lady).

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 196
Charmer Power : 1907
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Leverkusen
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:15 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Another question for you guys (not super important right now, but out of curiosity): do you think the dialogue should be written from the perspective of Dharc as he's experiencing the events in the story (present tense) or if he's looking back on everything that happened (past tense)?

Well It depends.
Present is easier if we are writing the story a bit faster. Due to being in the present, Dharcs thoughts would be less frequent, more spontaneous and he could only reflect momentarily until he is forced to be mentally present again.

Past is a lot more mind-based. It would lead to a more characterized story, with which is more or less based around Dharc reflecting on the events that happened and is better at sparking interest or "forcing" the reader to read on as Dharc can hint at later events. That part is impossible on the present writing style.


Also, Eria is right. We should use an enemy without an actual Archetype OR one from an archetype without an established storyline which we might cross.

_________________
Rigorio wrote:
"Hiita is as straight as a motherf*cking rainbow.

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 am

Eria wrote:
While it can be implemented, it'll complicate more things. Adding Duel Terminal archetype can make the story could differ from canon, and it'll drag the story to explain why this and that happened in DT war. Not to mention, archetypes contains multiple monsters, and even if we didn't use all of them, you still need to characterize those multiple monsters and the reason why they fight the Charmer while they actually is BUSY in the DT war itself. Remember, DT monsters already has their own enemies, and they also busy in the war itself.

To be safe, I suggest using antagonist that's not belong to an archetype, so the story won't drag into that archetype's original story. Or, we can use antagonist from an archetype, but make sure that archetype itself doesn't have their own enemies yet or they not involved in any kind of war (ex: Fortune Lady).
Ah, good point.

But, I just had another idea: Shadowpriestess of Ohm. As this card is the dark version of Doriado, it would meaning to her being the antagonist without the difficulties of using a Steelswarm or Fabled monster.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 am

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Well It depends.
Present is easier if we are writing the story a bit faster. Due to being in the present, Dharcs thoughts would be less frequent, more spontaneous and he could only reflect momentarily until he is forced to be mentally present again.

Past is a lot more mind-based. It would lead to a more characterized story, with which is more or less based around Dharc reflecting on the events that happened and is better at sparking interest or "forcing" the reader to read on as Dharc can hint at later events. That part is impossible on the present writing style.
Excellent point, Yami. They both do have their ups and downs. If we do want to convey Dharc's emotionless void persona, however, I may lean toward present tense simply because it can show Dharc evolving over time from someone distant to everyone to someone really close to a specific person, and his thoughts would reflect that easier. While I do like the whole characterized, narrative story, I also think present would be nicer for a VN style as it can also keep the reader in suspense, since not even the main character expects what happens next. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Binding Dharc wrote:
But, I just had another idea: Shadowpriestess of Ohm. As this card is the dark version of Doriado, it would meaning to her being the antagonist without the difficulties of using a Steelswarm or Fabled monster.
You know, I never thought of Shadowpriestess of Ohm being the most powerful of antagonists, but that honestly could work very well. What if...
Spoiler:
 
I literally came up with this just now lol, but what does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 196
Charmer Power : 1907
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Leverkusen
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:53 am

Hippo, you have my vote. Would make hellishly lot of sense actually. Could even end up explaining why Lyna and Dharc both hat these Handcuffs (for Lyna route only).
Spoiler:
 

_________________
Rigorio wrote:
"Hiita is as straight as a motherf*cking rainbow.

Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 420
Charmer Power : 1484
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 19
Location : a dimension called EXTRA DECK
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:07 am

......
well, Hippo got most of my vote........
beside DAD as final enemy anyway, since I always saw Dark Creator as the true enemy

I mean, he's a DARK Creator, so basically, he is the one that create all the DARK monsters
and since DAD is just too awesome to become a final boss, he should be secret boss that you fight after ya complete all route :3

anyway, this is how I will make Dharc/Meda Bat route:
Spoiler:
 

_________________

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Looks like we're agree Hippo, you've got my vote too.

I also like Yami's Lyna idea and catastor's Meda Bat scenario.

And so, keeping up the trend, Hiita's route would go something like this:
Spoiler:
 

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Why Meda Bat is a "she"?
Of course I have read Catastor's post as how Meda Bat can be a Succubus that have sexy wing or whatever, but, really? Whether it's a joke or not, it's out of canon.

Since there's no way we could know about Meda Bat's gender (and also the original card lore stated Meda Bat as "it"), how could Meda Bat called as a "she"? Unless it looks feminine, I don't see Meda Bat could be called as a "she" unless they really know about Meda Bat's gender (and how you would make the characters in this VN know it's a female?).

We also already know Meda Bat's form in Dharc's Familiar Possessed art. It's just weird for me to call it as a she.

 FP - Meda Bat : Hihihi, I'm a girl, surprised?

 Hijiri :  affraid

Honestly, I prefer Meda Bat to be "it" or "him", it's just more appropriate and makes sense that way. Making it as a "she" gives an impression that you're up to something that makes me afraid it would deviate some things that we already know in canon.

By the way, I have no problem at Hippo, Yami, and Binding Dharc's idea so far.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 420
Charmer Power : 1484
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 19
Location : a dimension called EXTRA DECK
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Mainly that starts as a joke, but then Hippo says that he didn't want end where Dharc is left pairing-less, so I just did it

Still can change it into a pairing-less end if anything, since I truly like friendship and stuff, maybe because I've lost a good friend and stuck as a loner now

_________________

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 am

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party. I'm a bit tired now, so I'll think up Wynn's and Aussa's stories when I can.

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Hippo, you have my vote. Would make hellishly lot of sense actually. Could even end up explaining why Lyna and Dharc both hat these Handcuffs (for Lyna route only).
Spoiler:
 
As I said before, Yami, you are a genius XD The fact that Dharc is a synthetic being made by the enemy is something I would never guess if I were reading a Charmers fic! It's actually perfect for this too.

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Spoiler:
 
I like the second option better. Lyna being created by Doriado is a bit strange in my eyes lol. Plus, that path is a bit more philosophical (which is something I've heard you like to write about) and it showcases that Lyna really is different from the rest of the Charmers, without being literally different like the first option suggests XD

ally of justice catastor wrote:
......
well, Hippo got most of my vote........
beside DAD as final enemy anyway, since I always saw Dark Creator as the true enemy

I mean, he's a DARK Creator, so basically, he is the one that create all the DARK monsters
Well the only reason why I chose DAD as the final boss is because I can't really think of any good Dark counterpart for Aussa's path, and since Aussa can, well, create things, I thought it may be a decent enough match lol. I agree that Dark Creator would be a better final enemy, but that would leave Aussa without a sub-boss.
ally of justice catastor wrote:
and since DAD is just too awesome to become a final boss, he should be secret boss that you fight after ya complete all route :3
Sorry, but no thanks. First of all, adding in an extra plot that only displays after you've finished all the main paths is not something I can do in Ren'Py at my programming level. The other issue is that, as I've said before... this is a romance; if ya want to fight lots of bosses, go play an RPG XD

ally of justice catastor wrote:
anyway, this is how I will make Dharc/Meda Bat route:
Spoiler:
 
At first I was kinda surprised too like Eria when you said Meda Bat is a girl, but
ally of justice catastor wrote:
Mainly that starts as a joke, but then Hippo says that he didn't want end where Dharc is left pairing-less, so I just did it

Still can change it into a pairing-less end if anything, since I truly like friendship and stuff, maybe because I've lost a good friend and stuck as a loner now
Gosh, now I feel bad lol

Your plot is pretty good though, so I'd say don't sacrifice your creativity just because of something I said before. The "darkness path" doesn't end with a romance anyway, so there's no need to make Meda Bat a girl, lol. I thought that's what was decided on anyway. And don't forget that Meda Bat would open up to Dharc at least a little bit in all paths, since it is Dharc's familiar, so it can talk to him when he's not with the girls, and maybe even give him romantic advice XD

Binding Dharc wrote:
And so, keeping up the trend, Hiita's route would go something like this:
Spoiler:
 
Very nice. I can totally see Hiita doing this lol. But you seem to have a lot of planned endings involving her death. It's not a bad thing (in fact, death is the worst of endings, right?), but I just happened to notice. Poor Hiita

Eria wrote:
 FP - Meda Bat : Hihihi, I'm a girl, surprised?

 Hijiri :  affraid
Eria, you are amazing, can I just say that? XD
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 420
Charmer Power : 1484
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 19
Location : a dimension called EXTRA DECK
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Well the only reason why I chose DAD as the final boss is because I can't really think of any good Dark counterpart for Aussa's path, and since Aussa can, well, create things, I thought it may be a decent enough match lol. I agree that Dark Creator would be a better final enemy, but that would leave Aussa without a sub-boss.
I disagree, there's Dark Rainbow Dragon, Dark End Dragon, Dark Valkyrie and lots more, and so I believe ya can just choose who fit Aussa more, DAD is more of "the Dragon" while Dark Creator is "the evil bastard"

Hippocampus wrote:
Gosh, now I feel bad lol
don't worry, I've take worse beating, you at least are polite and didn't know about that, my fault as well for not saying anything

_________________

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:45 am

ally of justice catastor wrote:
I disagree, there's Dark Rainbow Dragon, Dark End Dragon, Dark Valkyrie and lots more, and so I believe ya can just choose who fit Aussa more, DAD is more of "the Dragon" while Dark Creator is "the evil bastard"
...And there's problems with those. Including Dark Rainbow Dragon is not a good idea because of its direct link to Rainbow Dragon, which means we'd have to include the Crystal Beasts in the game... nah Razz Dark End Dragon is the counterpart of Light End Dragon, which I think would fit Lyna more than it would fit Aussa. Dark Valkyrie... doesn't really seem that strong compared to the others we're using lol. Even Dark Grepher is a bit of a stretch because of his own card backstory. I do think I'd prefer Dark Creator at the end, like I said before, but... I've gone over the list of Dark counterparts, and can't think of any others Neutral

ally of justice catastor wrote:
don't worry, I've take worse beating, you at least are polite and didn't know about that, my fault as well for not saying anything
No it's not your fault for anything. It's better that you don't go into those issues on this thread because they may be too personal to share, and I feel bad for any good soul who has a sad story. I mean, yes, the overall goal of the game for whoever's playing it would be romance over friendship, but we did decide to include this "darkness path" which would be akin to your friendship ending (and like you said, it can be bittersweet). Also think of it as an additional surprise path for those players who aren't good at getting the girls and who aren't jerks XD

Yes there is going to be a bad ending if you're a jerk to everyone in the beginning LOL. Be nice to those girls now Wink

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Very nice. I can totally see Hiita doing this lol. But you seem to have a lot of planned endings involving her death. It's not a bad thing (in fact, death is the worst of endings, right?), but I just happened to notice. Poor Hiita
Yeah, it isn't that I want that to happen, but when I write, I don't think "What would make the best scene here?" Rather, I think "What would this character do in this situation?"
And that is the answer I came up with for Hiita.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Charmers Visual Novel   

Back to top Go down
 
Charmers Visual Novel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Wheel/tire width/backspacing / offset visual calculator
» Visual Basic
» Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan
» [Hetalia: Project England Visual Novel] VOICE ACTORS NEEDED~
» Visual Graphics Design : Module

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Elemental Charmers Café :: Our Charmer Stuffs and Projects-
Jump to: