Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 
 

 General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 106
Charmer Power : 1112
Join date : 2012-02-26
Location : Gensokyo

Character sheet
Name: Cardboard Box
HP:
1/5  (1/5)
MP:
12/12  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Woah, it returns cards to deck! I was partially right about that! Since there's no archetype restriction but rather an attribution restriction, this could be a decent synchro for light based decks.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_13

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_31

Can't wait to see how these cards are handled in the TCG.
They probably won't even print them in TCG... I'm surprised they're even like that in the English manga O.o

I just wish TCG would realize that YGO is not a game for kids, and would stop treating it that way. Where's my Trial of Hell reprint lol?

As for their effects, they better get nerfed, because that's just ridiculous. But those cards usually do converting from manga to OCG, so I'm not worried. Considering they're Rank 1s, I'm even thinking they'd make 'em underpowered.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 am

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-shadow-specter-leaks/#more-2277

we're getting Armored Kappa

also those crazy not-Chaos Dragons

also Secret Sanctuary

and lots more Dragons

and some other random things


Ghoststrick House/Secret Village + Secret Sanctuary looks like it could be a pretty good pseudo-lock for Charmers

probably moreso with Village
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 am

Yesssssssssssssssssss Sirius the Blue Dog Star
This card needed to be imported ages ago
Back when it was actually good lol

Armor Kappa is nice, but there are way too many restrictions for its effect to be useful. Once per duel effect, and you have to discard? No thanks, I'll stick with Gachi Gachi for now.

Not-Chaos dragons actually seem like a decent engine. Might try teching them in a couple decks actually.

Secret Sanctuary does look nice. Hopefully people won't start siding Breakers again Razz

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:05 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Yesssssssssssssssssss Sirius the Blue Dog Star
This card needed to be imported ages ago
Back when it was actually good lol
Because lv6 synchros are known for having a wide variety of good generic options that aren't banned.

But really, when it was "good"? Since when did it become "bad"?

Hippocampus wrote:
Armor Kappa is nice, but there are way too many restrictions for its effect to be useful. Once per duel effect, and you have to discard? No thanks, I'll stick with Gachi Gachi for now.
Dude, its an effect that basically says "I give you free turns". I think the cost/restriction is more than reasonable enough.

Hippocampus wrote:
Not-Chaos dragons actually seem like a decent engine. Might try teching them in a couple decks actually.
Yeah, definitely want to get me a playset of them.

Hippocampus wrote:
Secret Sanctuary does look nice. Hopefully people won't start siding Breakers again Razz
Forget siding, any deck I use them I just main.



btw we got (most) rarities now

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-shadow-specter-leaks/#more-2277

(scroll down)

Felgrand Xyz is the ghost rare this time (yay)

Also pretty surprised none of Ghostrick House/Stein/Kyonshee got holo bumped, considering they're all basically the backbones of the deck and can allow for some pretty crazy plays. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Budget troll-tier deck here I come.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Because lv6 synchros are known for having a wide variety of good generic options that aren't banned.
I hope this is sarcasm.

ΛΔ wrote:
But really, when it was "good"? Since when did it become "bad"?
Well, obviously, after Brio passed on, I would have really liked to have another splashable synchro besides Gaia Knight lol. His effect's not too great, but it can pose problems for your opponent if you follow it up right. And hey, it's kinda cool-lookin'.
Obviously, again, he became obsolete once Vulcan came out (though for me to actually get one irl is a different story...).

ΛΔ wrote:
Dude, its an effect that basically says "I give you free turns". I think the cost/restriction is more than reasonable enough.
They should have made you detach an Xyz material for it instead, since THAT'S SUCH A HUGE COST XD
In all honesty, it seems like more of a stall card than anything else. I dunno, I just feel like it's not any more than a walking Threatening Roar that still lets Glad Beast effects go off. Perhaps I could use it in my Frognarch deck or something.

Actually, there are a few Level 2 Gustos, right? I could abuse Griffin with this Very Happy

ΛΔ wrote:
Yeah, definitely want to get me a playset of them.
Now let's just unlimit Necroface guys *hides*


ΛΔ wrote:
btw we got (most) rarities now

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-shadow-specter-leaks/#more-2277

(scroll down)

Felgrand Xyz is the ghost rare this time (yay)

Also pretty surprised none of Ghostrick House/Stein/Kyonshee got holo bumped, considering they're all basically the backbones of the deck and can allow for some pretty crazy plays. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Budget troll-tier deck here I come.
Hell yeah, this is a very good thing. Now the only card that will be hard to pull will be Alucard. Bet he'd look sick as an Ultimate Rare though.
...Wait, am I reading this right? Why is everything under that section named "Ghost Rick" instead of "Ghostrick"? I hope they're not trolling us Suspect

Also, Mistake is a secret rare. Wow, they actually admit it! rotfl
Didn't know this card was continuous though. I hope this doesn't mean Thunder King is permanently limited. Because I know that's something they like to pull (Avarice, my son... so ugly yet so powerful Crying or Very sad).

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I hope this is sarcasm.
clearly not

Hippocampus wrote:
he became obsolete once Vulcan came out (though for me to actually get one irl is a different story...).
I can't wait for my Vulcan to arrive.

Hippocampus wrote:
In all honesty, it seems like more of a stall card than anything else. I dunno, I just feel like it's not any more than a walking Threatening Roar
A Threatening Roar that can manipulate your opponent's plays at that, in addition to being even more of a pain to deal with if you have proper backrow as support.

Hippocampus wrote:
that still lets Glad Beast effects go off.
Since when were Glad Beasts relevant that wasn't years ago?

Hippocampus wrote:
Now let's just unlimit Necroface guys *hides*
Necroface is actually one of those few weird cards that I'd love to see go back to 3, but at the same time can understand perfectly why that'd never happen.

I remember making a banimill deck that ran 3 copies in one of the video games, and chain-banishing 3 copies to -15 the opponent's deck was bar none the most satisfying thing the deck could do. Plus it was incredibly fun and suspenseful too every time I banished a Necroface and started watching the additional cards that got banished with it to see if it'd banish another copy or more of itself.


Hippocampus wrote:
Now the only card that will be hard to pull will be Alucard. Bet he'd look sick as an Ultimate Rare though.
Luckily, in my experience he isn't exactly needed either. In fact I almost never even summon the guy.

Of course Lantern is just REALLY weird a choice to holo bump.

Effect is decent, but nothing terribly notable. In fact he's probably the worst Ghostrick monster in this set, and in addition once Mary comes out over here next set he'll likely be all but dropped from future deckbuilds people make. Simply because their effects conflict with each other, and Mary is far far better.

Hippocampus wrote:
...Wait, am I reading this right? Why is everything under that section named "Ghost Rick" instead of "Ghostrick"? I hope they're not trolling us Suspect
I think its just Germans or whoever sucking at translating, especially since Ghstrick Ghoul image was leaked a while back.

Hippocampus wrote:
Also, Mistake is a secret rare. Wow, they actually admit it! rotfl
Rarity bumps are a mistake[/playerbase]

though seriously, at least the effect is good. Though too bad this also means it'll likely be stupidly overinflated in value.

Hippocampus wrote:
Didn't know this card was continuous though. I hope this doesn't mean Thunder King is permanently limited.
Honestly, I'd kinda like both cards to be limited if I think about it. All they really do is add a layer of unneeded nuisance to the game.

Basically the polar opposite of stuff like E-Dragons, which just add a layer of stupid.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
I can't wait for my Vulcan to arrive.
Ah that's right, I forgot you have like multiples of every single card in TCG haha

ΛΔ wrote:
Since when were Glad Beasts relevant that wasn't years ago?
When Bestiari got semi'd Nah, I've just always remembered that their effects can still go off even if their battles are negated, unlike Threatening Roar, which prevents them from occurring in the first place. I'm sure there are other cards that have similar traits, but Glad Beasts were the first ones I thought of.

ΛΔ wrote:
A Threatening Roar that can manipulate your opponent's plays at that, in addition to being even more of a pain to deal with if you have proper backrow as support.
...Maybe we're not looking at the same card here. How can this card manipulate your opponent's plays in any way that other attack-stopping cards can't? And after you use its effect "once per duel", which I'm assuming means you can't revive it and use it again OR use the effect of another copy, it just becomes a 2400 beater, which is no worse than the monarchs.

ΛΔ wrote:
Necroface is actually one of those few weird cards that I'd love to see go back to 3, but at the same time can understand perfectly why that'd never happen.

I remember making a banimill deck that ran 3 copies in one of the video games, and chain-banishing 3 copies to -15 the opponent's deck was bar none the most satisfying thing the deck could do. Plus it was incredibly fun and suspenseful too every time I banished a Necroface and started watching the additional cards that got banished with it to see if it'd banish another copy or more of itself.
Lol yes, this and Disk Commander I believe Wink

Honestly don't see why people don't run this anymore, even at 1. It's probably the best card for recycling your banished cards. Perhaps if it only had one of its amazing effects, then it wouldn't be as bad (not the ATK boost one lol). But we will never know now will we?

ΛΔ wrote:
Luckily, in my experience he isn't exactly needed either. In fact I almost never even summon the guy.
Silly, I don't mean for Ghostrick decks; I mean for Charmer decks Razz This and House are godsends.

Actually, I think it would've been funny if Alucard was the Ghost Rare. (you know, because he's... yeah... imma stop now)

ΛΔ wrote:
Of course Lantern is just REALLY weird a choice to holo bump.

Effect is decent, but nothing terribly notable. In fact he's probably the worst Ghostrick monster in this set, and in addition once Mary comes out over here next set he'll likely be all but dropped from future deckbuilds people make. Simply because their effects conflict with each other, and Mary is far far better.
Umm, maybe cuz he's Level 1, which in general get more search support nowadays? Other than that I got nothing.

ΛΔ wrote:
Rarity bumps are a mistake[/playerbase]
Rarity in general is a mistake XD... think about it. Why are DN and other dueling sites doing so well?

ΛΔ wrote:
though seriously, at least the effect is good. Though too bad this also means it'll likely be stupidly overinflated in value.

Honestly, I'd kinda like both cards to be limited if I think about it. All they really do is add a layer of unneeded nuisance to the game.
I don't think this card needs to be limited, really. Thunder King is way better, because it can do 3 times the amount of things that Mistake can do, as well as provide Chaos fodder, Honest target, and not susceptible to MST. If you think this card is a nuisance, then you must think the same thing about Necrovalley, Imperial Iron Wall, and Droll and Lock Bird. And as for the value thing... remember Tour Bus? It was a Secret, and hyped up to be really good... and ended up being not that game-changing in the long run.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
I can't wait for my Vulcan to arrive.
Ah that's right, I forgot you have like multiples of every single card in TCG haha
oh god no, I'm not getting multiple Vulcans

Far too expensive ever since JUMP promos became online-subscription only. Though Viz really should allow people to get multiple copies if they pay a bit extra within a certain timeframe window at least.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
A Threatening Roar that can manipulate your opponent's plays at that, in addition to being even more of a pain to deal with if you have proper backrow as support.
...Maybe we're not looking at the same card here. How can this card manipulate your opponent's plays in any way that other attack-stopping cards can't? And after you use its effect "once per duel", which I'm assuming means you can't revive it and use it again OR use the effect of another copy, it just becomes a 2400 beater, which is no worse than the monarchs.
Because your opponent knows it exists unlike Threatening Roar which is a mystery until you play. Basic comparison, though not exact would be something like Stardust Dragon vs Starlight Road. They won't activate that Dark Hole in most cases if Stardust is on the field, but they may if you just have Starlight Road facedown.

ps: summoning it in ATK sounds like a horrid idea

Hippocampus wrote:
Honestly don't see why people don't run this anymore, even at 1. It's probably the best card for recycling your banished cards. Perhaps if it only had one of its amazing effects, then it wouldn't be as bad (not the ATK boost one lol). But we will never know now will we?
Well not sure about the past, but currently it could have to do with recent banlist changes hitting banideck cards pretty hard.

Hippocampus wrote:
Silly, I don't mean for Ghostrick decks; I mean for Charmer decks :PThis and House are godsends.
Silly Hippo, I never run Charmers outside of siding potential.

Hippocampus wrote:
Actually, I think it would've been funny if Alucard was the Ghost Rare. (you know, because he's... yeah... imma stop now)
Not a ghost?

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Of course Lantern is just REALLY weird a choice to holo bump.
Umm, maybe cuz he's Level 1, which in general get more search support nowadays? Other than that I got nothing.
Specter's better and he's lv1 as well.

It's just a poor choice all-in-all.

Hippocampus wrote:
Rarity in general is a mistake XD... think about it. Why are DN and other dueling sites doing so well?
Because they cost absolutely nothing for the players. There's optional stuff like donations, which go to server costs and such, but its all optional.

While the real Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG/TCG is an actual business that has to make money, so therefore it costs money.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
though seriously, at least the effect is good. Though too bad this also means it'll likely be stupidly overinflated in value.
I don't think this card needs to be limited, really. Thunder King is way better, because it can do 3 times the amount of things that Mistake can do, as well as provide Chaos fodder, Honest target, and not susceptible to MST.
No question there, but I just think both cards do nothing but stagnate the game.


Hippocampus wrote:
If you think this card is a nuisance, then you must think the same thing about Necrovalley,
No. Gravekeeper's need it, graveyard denial is far different from deck denial as in it only denies reusing things for the most part, field spells are far easier to deal with with the exception of certain ones such as Secret Village and Closed Forest, and there's plenty of cards that can work around it.

Hippocampus wrote:
Imperial Iron Wall
Again, no. Most banishing typically comes from the grave, so its just grave denial lite. Also banishing is utterly ridiculous now (I think Konami totally forgot that its an area that barring some cards is meant to be OUT OF REST OF GAME) and needs to have some way of management.

Hippocampus wrote:
and Droll and Lock Bird.
Only good against Judgment Prophecies last I checked.

Hippocampus wrote:
And as for the value thing... remember Tour Bus? It was a Secret, and hyped up to be really good... and ended up being not that game-changing in the long run.
Was anyone aside from Konami REALLY hyping it up as the next big thing, and not just a curiosity that may work in a few decks?

Because I remember always thinking the effect was decent, but nothing terribly groundbreaking, and I'm far more inclined to believe its ridiculous price-hike initially was just a combination of price fluctuations within the initial release of cards and sex appeal.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:24 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Far too expensive ever since JUMP promos became online-subscription only. Though Viz really should allow people to get multiple copies if they pay a bit extra within a certain timeframe window at least.
I don't understand JUMP promos... half the time they define the meta (REDMD, Shock Master) and other times they're absolutely useless (Endless Decay, Malefic Truth Dragon). Why is this even

ΛΔ wrote:
Because your opponent knows it exists unlike Threatening Roar which is a mystery until you play. Basic comparison, though not exact would be something like Stardust Dragon vs Starlight Road. They won't activate that Dark Hole in most cases if Stardust is on the field, but they may if you just have Starlight Road facedown.
Well that's the entire point of traps and why they are so good: to catch your opponent off-guard and to make them waste plays. Another example is Doomcaliber vs. Veiler. Doomcaliber is MUCH easier to play around while Veiler is almost impossible to expect. Granted, Doomcaliber's effect is mandatory, but you see my point; I'd much prefer Veiler in a given situation. Why is this different from Armor Kappa vs. Threatening Roar/Negate Attack/even Mirror Force? With Armor Kappa, your opponent can wait to build up his/her attacking force for after the monster's disposed of and you'll still have to deal with it later. But if your opponent builds up a force to attack and you chain a trap, your opponent will be at a disadvantage because they wasted that attack not knowing you had one, and you will be at an advantage.

ΛΔ wrote:
ps: summoning it in ATK sounds like a horrid idea
...But...but...but dat ATK boost...

ΛΔ wrote:
Silly Hippo, I never run Charmers outside of siding potential.
Zomglol then why you on this forum foo?

ΛΔ wrote:
Specter's better and he's lv1 as well.

It's just a poor choice all-in-all.
Well maybe they don't know what else to make Super XD

ΛΔ wrote:
Because they cost absolutely nothing for the players. There's optional stuff like donations, which go to server costs and such, but its all optional.

While the real Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG/TCG is an actual business that has to make money, so therefore it costs money.
Lol that was my point.
Imagine if Konami *gasp* didn't care about money! How much easier to get everything since they would all be commons O.o

ΛΔ wrote:
No question there, but I just think both cards do nothing but stagnate the game.
Says the person who loves troll-stall Razz

ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
Necrovalley,
No. Gravekeeper's need it, graveyard denial is far different from deck denial as in it only denies reusing things for the most part, field spells are far easier to deal with with the exception of certain ones such as Secret Village and Closed Forest, and there's plenty of cards that can work around it.
I don't disagree. But you gotta admit, how many decks just absolutely HATE it when this card is played? Whenever I play GKs against others, my opponent's strategy shifts from whatever it was before to "destroy Necrovalley at all costs". Sounds like a nuisance to me lol

ΛΔ wrote:
Most banishing typically comes from the grave
hmpfh BLS says hi

ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
and Droll and Lock Bird.
Only good against Judgment Prophecies last I checked.
And basically every single FTK in the game?

ΛΔ wrote:
Was anyone aside from Konami REALLY hyping it up as the next big thing, and not just a curiosity that may work in a few decks?

Because I remember always thinking the effect was decent, but nothing terribly groundbreaking, and I'm far more inclined to believe its ridiculous price-hike initially was just a combination of price fluctuations within the initial release of cards and sex appeal.
Well aside from you, I haven't heard people hyping up this either. I merely pointed it out because it was a Mistake LOL. But yeah, I guess we'll see how pricey this thing gets. Hopefully it won't be like Maxx "C", and be more like say........ Skull Meister XD

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Far too expensive ever since JUMP promos became online-subscription only. Though Viz really should allow people to get multiple copies if they pay a bit extra within a certain timeframe window at least.
I don't understand JUMP promos... half the time they define the meta (REDMD, Shock Master) and other times they're absolutely useless (Endless Decay, Malefic Truth Dragon). Why is this even
Honestly, I think you could ask the same thing about packs.

Hippocampus wrote:
Well that's the entire point of traps and why they are so good: to catch your opponent off-guard and to make them waste plays.
Though it can also turn into reverse the reversal. Where the opponent plays something that could help them still if it went off, but if it doesnt then no loss so they can play something even better if the first thing does get stopped.

While here your opponent knows what could happen, which means your opponent's plays might be manipulated because of it. They won't be activating that Smashing Ground while Stardust is on the field unless they Veiler it beforehand or if removing Stardust would allow them to do tons of damage while its away.

Hippocampus wrote:
Another example is Doomcaliber vs. Veiler. Doomcaliber is MUCH easier to play around while Veiler is almost impossible to expect.
This is a terrible example, because

Hippocampus wrote:
Granted, Doomcaliber's effect is mandatory
Oh, glad we agree this is a terrible example then.

Hippocampus wrote:
but you see my point
Nope!

Hippocampus wrote:
I'd much prefer Veiler in a given situation.
Anyone does, honestly.

Hippocampus wrote:
Why is this different from Armor Kappa vs. Threatening Roar/Negate Attack/even Mirror Force?
Protect Kappa with Backrow. Opponent attacks it hoping to force you to activate its effect? "lol, nope, here have a mirror"

Hippocampus wrote:
With Armor Kappa, your opponent can wait to build up his/her attacking force for after the monster's disposed of and you'll still have to deal with it later. But if your opponent builds up a force to attack and you chain a trap, your opponent will be at a disadvantage because they wasted that attack not knowing you had one, and you will be at an advantage.
Because only your opponent can build up an attacking force, right?

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
ps: summoning it in ATK sounds like a horrid idea
...But...but...but dat ATK boost...
Defensive based card, plus honestly having a 3000 DEF wall just sounds nicer to me. It's just an all-round nice number.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Silly Hippo, I never run Charmers outside of siding potential.
Zomglol then why you on this forum foo?
Awesome designs, utterly terrible and over-reliant effects to the point that I'd never maindeck except as a joke.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Specter's better and he's lv1 as well.

It's just a poor choice all-in-all.
Well maybe they don't know what else to make Super XD
House/Stein/Kyonshee

Konami needs to hire me.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Because they cost absolutely nothing for the players. There's optional stuff like donations, which go to server costs and such, but its all optional.

While the real Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG/TCG is an actual business that has to make money, so therefore it costs money.
Lol that was my point.
Imagine if Konami *gasp* didn't care about money! How much easier to get everything since they would all be commons O.o
It'll still cost money, and unless they put EVERYTHING into one box that you buy for new cards. Otherwise it could still end up costing a lot just because of potentially pulling more dupes than needed.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
No question there, but I just think both cards do nothing but stagnate the game.
Says the person who loves troll-stall Razz
Ghostricks? They're laughably easy to play against, while still being actually competent on their own.

Which just makes the fact that people seem to misplay against them all the time from what I've seen all the more laughable. Honestly, you could compare it to Gustos in that way, though people have manged to catch onto Gusto's tricks pretty well.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Most banishing typically comes from the grave
hmpfh BLS says hi
Gee, lookie what just got bolded.

Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
and Droll and Lock Bird.
Only good against Judgment Prophecies last I checked.
And basically every single FTK in the game?
Oh, sorry. Only good against Judgment Prophecies and unlimited Exchange of the Spirits FTK.

Hippocampus wrote:
Well aside from you, I haven't heard people hyping up this either. I merely pointed it out because it was a Mistake LOL. But yeah, I guess we'll see how pricey this thing gets. Hopefully it won't be like Maxx "C", and be more like say........ Skull Meister XD
What part of me was hyping it? It's a decent effect, but it could go any way.

On one hand it slows down stuff like E-Dragons and Fire Fists substantially, on the other its suspectible to MST among other things.


Also, regarding House and Charmers. Don't forget House halves ALL damage from non-Ghostrick cards, so if you don't do some sort of Ghostrick Hybrid you'll basically have to pull out 16000 damage assuming you have House out the entire game.

If you do go hybrid though, I'd probably say have a skeleton for it be something like

2x Lantern
3x Kyonshee
2x Specter
3x Stein
3x House
2-3x Out
2-3x Alucard

when releases:
2x Mary (replace both Lanterns or Specters with her)

Kyonshee/Stein(/Mary (when released)), for deck-thinning/consistency
Lantern/Specter for stall-like effects and to have more reveal bait for Out
House, self-explanatory
Out to protect House as well as your facedown Charmers/Ghostricks
Alucard, self-explanatory
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Honestly, I think you could ask the same thing about packs.
I very well could. But at least packs are sold in virtually every retail store across the world, as well as specialized card shops and game stores. JUMP promos can only be gotten by subscribing to the magazine, which is not very useful for one who doesn't read anything in there.

ΛΔ wrote:
Though it can also turn into reverse the reversal. Where the opponent plays something that could help them still if it went off, but if it doesnt then no loss so they can play something even better if the first thing does get stopped.
Now you're the one with a bad example. How do you know that your opponent will always have something better, just in case their first play got countered?
This is a defensive card, so it would be best to combat an aggro deck, right? And most aggro decks have explosive plays that OTK in one shot. So if their play is countered, they'd be more than likely forced to fall back and depend on what card they draw next, which is entirely luck-based. You can't say that just because their play is countered that they're gonna have a backup that's stronger than their last play, because that's only in the most one-sided of duels.

ΛΔ wrote:
While here your opponent knows what could happen, which means your opponent's plays might be manipulated because of it. They won't be activating that Smashing Ground while Stardust is on the field unless they Veiler it beforehand or if removing Stardust would allow them to do tons of damage while its away.
Well the same can be said for backrows/hand traps. Most people use MST or similar to pop backrow before they make their plays, because they fear that they could be countered if not. Even with a clear field, you can't be sure if your opponent has something like Gorz or Fader in hand. The thing is, the element of mystery is what makes the game so challenging and skillful. I mean, yeah my play will be manipulated, but at least I know what to expect, and should only freak out if there's NOTHING in my deck which can get rid of this card. Which, with monster removal being so freakin' prominent, I severely doubt.

ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
Another example is Doomcaliber vs. Veiler. Doomcaliber is MUCH easier to play around while Veiler is almost impossible to expect.
This is a terrible example, because

Hippocampus wrote:
Granted, Doomcaliber's effect is mandatory
Oh, glad we agree this is a terrible example then.

Hippocampus wrote:
but you see my point
Nope!
Lol now you're just bein' a jerk XD

ΛΔ wrote:
Protect Kappa with Backrow. Opponent attacks it hoping to force you to activate its effect? "lol, nope, here have a mirror"
Again, how is this different from say having Necro Gardna in grave and Mirror facedown?

ΛΔ wrote:
Because only your opponent can build up an attacking force, right?
I never said you couldn't. But if you could, why would you sit on this Razz

ΛΔ wrote:
Defensive based card, plus honestly having a 3000 DEF wall just sounds nicer to me. It's just an all-round nice number.
Oh, didn't read the "or DEF" part... that clarifies things.

ΛΔ wrote:
Awesome designs,
Hiita Well that was close... you redeemed yourself Evil or Very Mad
ΛΔ wrote:
utterly terrible and over-reliant effects to the point that I'd never maindeck except as a joke.
Not disagreeing here, but you're not the least bit curious as to try them out? They are quite lols and fun!

ΛΔ wrote:
House/Stein/Kyonshee
Please not House. I like it easy to pull lol.

ΛΔ wrote:
Konami needs to hire me.
Every serious player in the world thinks this XD

ΛΔ wrote:
It'll still cost money, and unless they put EVERYTHING into one box that you buy for new cards. Otherwise it could still end up costing a lot just because of potentially pulling more dupes than needed.
you mean like what they do in MTG?
But you do admit that it will be much more fair if every card has an equal ratio of being pulled, even if it means luck will be even more of a factor than before. And god knows what'd happen to the secondary market. -_-

ΛΔ wrote:
Ghostricks? They're laughably easy to play against, while still being actually competent on their own.

Which just makes the fact that people seem to misplay against them all the time from what I've seen all the more laughable. Honestly, you could compare it to Gustos in that way, though people have manged to catch onto Gusto's tricks pretty well.
Ah, no missing the timing in Ghostricks, is there? Wink

And I recall you saying you enjoyed more than just Ghostricks in terms of trolling opponents, as no non-troll gets pleasure out of purposefully making people ragequit.

ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Most banishing typically comes from the grave
hmpfh BLS says hi
Gee, lookie what just got bolded.
...Maybe Dragon Rulers are a better example then? Gold Sarc + Seven Star Sword + their own effects... lol

ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
ΛΔ wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:
and Droll and Lock Bird.
Only good against Judgment Prophecies last I checked.
And basically every single FTK in the game?
Oh, sorry. Only good against Judgment Prophecies and unlimited Exchange of the Spirits FTK.
Umm, Exodia? Six Sams? Hieratics? Dark Worlds? Any turbo deck? This has a lot more uses than just against two decks, one being traditional.
A key reason being it still works against regular drawing, which Mistake and Thunder King don't btw. Also makes it a hilarious counter to Maxx "C".

ΛΔ wrote:
What part of me was hyping it? It's a decent effect, but it could go any way.
I'm fairly certain that if you say a card should be limited, there's a good reason why: either it's broken (which it's not imo), it's too consistent to be used at 3 (which it's not imo), or you're just butthurt (which I don't think you are lol). Feel free to correct me on any of these, though.

ΛΔ wrote:
Also, regarding House and Charmers. Don't forget House halves ALL damage from non-Ghostrick cards, so if you don't do some sort of Ghostrick Hybrid you'll basically have to pull out 16000 damage assuming you have House out the entire game.
Ah, but there is always THIS!

ΛΔ wrote:
If you do go hybrid though, I'd probably say have a skeleton for it be something like

2x Lantern
3x Kyonshee
2x Specter
3x Stein
3x House
2-3x Out
2-3x Alucard

when releases:
2x Mary (replace both Lanterns or Specters with her)

Kyonshee/Stein(/Mary (when released)), for deck-thinning/consistency
Lantern/Specter for stall-like effects and to have more reveal bait for Out
House, self-explanatory
Out to protect House as well as your facedown Charmers/Ghostricks
Alucard, self-explanatory
Hmm. Perhaps.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Unconfirmed news from YGOrganization:
Quote :
Primal Origin contains support for a variety of themes:
Mecha Phantom Beasts, Dark World, Hazy Flames, Gladiator Beasts, Koa’ki Meiru, Scrap, Madolche, and something called “Gusta no Shin’ei Pirika”, a new Gusto monster
http://ygorganization.com/nov-unconfirmed/

Quote :
“Gusta no Shin’ei Pirika”, a new Gusto monster
Hyped. Exploded.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Eria... you forgot the most important part...
Quote :
The Madolche monster and the Gusto monster are both lolis
I can hear shouts of joy from all otaku across the world XD

From playing around with Google Translate for about ~30 seconds, I got that the name roughly translates to "Pirika, the Freshly Picked of Gusto". Could this mean that this is a new member to join the Gusto tribe (after the world resets)? Or, judging by the loli comment, it could be a child of one of the already existing Gusto members... Kamui x Reeze, anyone?

As for the others, while I'm glad Dark World and Madolche are getting support, at the same time I'm getting tired of them. Think it's time for them to move on, really. Gladiator Beasts don't need any more support lol, not with Bestiari at 2 in OCG. And Scraps? That one is just random!

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Hippocampus wrote:


From playing around with Google Translate for about ~30 seconds, I got that the name roughly translates to "Pirika, the Freshly Picked of Gusto". Could this mean that this is a new member to join the Gusto tribe (after the world resets)? Or, judging by the loli comment, it could be a child of one of the already existing Gusto members... Kamui x Reeze, anyone?
The kanji Shin'ei (神裔) consists of 神 which means divine (or god) and 裔 which means descendant. So, Pirika is Kamui and Reeze's kid? Remember that Reeze come from different warrior family according to Master Guide, so Kamui and her is not directly blood related.

The idea of Kamui married Reeze actually kinda hilarious for me. LOL.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:55 pm

Eria wrote:
The kanji Shin'ei (神裔) consists of 神 which means divine (or god) and 裔 which means descendant. So, Pirika is Kamui and Reeze's kid? Remember that Reeze come from different warrior family according to Master Guide, so Kamui and her is not directly blood related.

The idea of Kamui married Reeze actually kinda hilarious for me. LOL.
Well thank goodness you can read Japanese, so I don't have to go around being silly. Razz

And the only reason I suggest that pairing is because of that scan you showed us about Kamui and Reeze being the only two confirmed Gusto survivors after the world reset. They gotta populate somehow Wink

Of course, since you said divine descendant... hmm... maybe it's not a pure Gusto kid after all... maybe Caam or Winda met some divine masculine entity when trying to summon Sophia and...

Okay. Time for me to go to bed now.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 am


She DOES looks like Reeze + Kamui.
Her staff is also Kamui's staff with Falco statue on the top of it.

Pics of those new cards:
http://ygorganization.com/ocg-v-jump-on-primal-origin/

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Eria wrote:
She DOES looks like Reeze + Kamui.
Her staff is also Kamui's staff with Falco statue on the top of it.

Pics of those new cards:
http://ygorganization.com/ocg-v-jump-on-primal-origin/
Your link calls her "Lineage of Gusto". Yup, that seals it; I'm calling it Reeze and Kamui's daughter. Even if it's not XD
...But is that a green penguin next to her on the ground? Lol maybe this means we're getting a new Gusto Tuner pretty soon as well Razz

As for the other pics there... new Dark World guy looks bad, new Glad Beast looks WTF, new Madolche looks...

...really freaking cute! :3

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Eria wrote:

She DOES looks like Reeze + Kamui.
Her staff is also Kamui's staff with Falco statue on the top of it.

Pics of those new cards:
http://ygorganization.com/ocg-v-jump-on-primal-origin/
lv3 psychic loli

EXACTLY what this archetype needed

now it just needs its effect to be good and we be Sphreez trollin' even harder
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Probably we might get that Gusto Tuner in her card art, and possibly the Daigusto version. Being lv3 Psychic is a big plus, make our day summoning Sphreez easier.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Of course, since you said divine descendant... hmm... maybe it's not a pure Gusto kid after all... maybe Caam or Winda met some divine masculine entity when trying to summon Sophia and...
...and then they were married. hmpfh 

Maybe next time we will see Avance and Emilia's child as well, lol.



Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:35 pm

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=5733

only thing that bugs me is this vs whatever the current banlist is at the time, but otherwise great move
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1841
Charmer Power : 371
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:26 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=5733

only thing that bugs me is this vs whatever the current banlist is at the time, but otherwise great move
.............This is interesting. On one hand, it promotes originality because it prevents the meta from being defined by a specific archetype(s) and forces players to work with cards that aren't top tier. On the other, it destroys originality because everyone will be forced to use cards from the same pool, resulting in similar strategies.
Sealed Battle Pack play is fun though, and it's fair (I played it when BP01 first came out). Definitely curious to see what happens with this. Who knows, it may even solve the problem of newbies netdecking and winning tournaments Razz

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 472
Charmer Power : 2271
Join date : 2013-06-22
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=5753

Friday December the 13th, 2013 to be remembered as DRuler Massacre Day.
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion   Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:58 pm

I hadn't even realized the previous Friday the 13th HAD been Friday the 13th until it was already Saturday the 14th. I guess now there's no missing this one!

_________________
Back to top Go down
 
General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion
» General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6
» PokéShipping (Ash x Misty) General Discussion Thread
» General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4
» 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Card Discussions and Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Discussions-
Jump to: