Favorite Charmer: Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am

This will be the thread for our new roleplay.

Plot:
Everyone remember the ancient village of Kul Elna, right? If not, it's where, 3000 years ago, the temple of the millenium items was constructed and the very first duel monsters were carved out in stone tablets. Well, by the year 2012, Kul Elna has become a modern, developed city, complete with shopping malls, schools, and of course an archaeological museum. Because it's the summer time, the heads of Duel Monsters Inc. have decided to host a very large duelist convention that will last for one whole month, and they have chosen this city as the locale due to its historical significance. On the surface, it seems like a great idea because it will connect duelists from around the world, as well as make Konami quite a lot of money (not that they have to worry about that in real life ), but there's something afoot here... If I told you that there will be magic and fantasy elements in this roleplay, would you believe me?

Rules:
1. All Charmer forum rules apply.
2. At the beginning of the game, you may choose 1 human character to control, and it should be an Original Character. Since this is a dueling roleplay, you should also keep in mind what kind of deck your character uses, although you don't need to write up all the cards in his/her deck. No overpowered characters or decks are allowed!
3. New players and characters can be added at any time, as long as you fill out a character outline for each new character. Also, if a player wants to control a new character, they can appeal to do so by filling out a new character outline.
4. Your roleplaying style can be whatever you feel comfortable with, as long as what you write is legible.
5. Regarding the duels themselves, I'd strongly suggest that duels only occur between at least two different players; in other words, characters played by the same person should not duel each other, as it's basically like dueling yourself. Also, I know I said this roleplay takes place in 2012, but if there's a specific banlist or format you'd prefer to follow, we can vote on that.
6. If you have a really cool plot device you'd like to add, or think something I made up really sucks, you can PM me about it.

Character Outline:
Name:
Sex:
Character Description:
Theme for your character's deck:
What does your character do best:
What is your character bad at:
Your character's favorite monster:
Anything else you'd like to add:

CHARACTER I AM CONTROLLING:
Sex: M
Height/Weight: 180cm/66kg
Character Description:

• Looks: Jet-black short hair spiked up in the front, brown eyes, olive skin-toned, usually wears collared shirts and jean shorts
  • Personality: Theo is adventurous and constantly finds ways to entertain himself. Quick-witted yet stubborn, he is known to make split-second decisions based on his past experiences and hardly ever change his mind.

Theme for your character's deck: A combination of Tribute monsters and control deck strategies
What does your character do best: Theo has a good memory, and he's fairly good at solving puzzles. He is experienced with technology, and he knows a thing or two about the way things work as well.
What is your character bad at: Due to his stubbornness, Theo may not take other people's feelings into consideration much of the time and may even do or say something offensive without realizing it. He also flat-out doesn't care about things that don't interest him, and he's not good with punctuality.
Your character's favorite monster: Beast of Talwar
Anything else you'd like to add: Theo is Greek. He has one more year of high school left, and he travelled to Kul Elna solely to participate in the convention.

Post your characters either in this thread or the discussion thread:
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.net/t806-let-s-do-a-new-roleplay

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Charmer Power: 1453

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Then I guess I'll start:

The sun shone brightly through the windows of the Kul Elna Continental Hotel. Today was the first day of the duelist convention, and outside you could hear the bustling of people walking around the city and street vendors calling out for people to buy their goods.

Theodore yawned as he sat up in his hotel bed and rubbed his eyes. He had been looking forward to this trip because he was very passionate about Duel Monsters, and he was hoping to prove his skills as a duelist by entering the great tournament hosted here (and not to mention get a shot at the prize money!). He glanced over at the clock on his nightstand, which read 9:30.

“Better get downstairs to breakfast before it’s all gone,” he mused to himself.

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power: 143
Favorite Charmer: Hiita

Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:24 pm

So it's my turn now O_O

Lucy was walking down the streets, looking around Kul-Elna. She noticed that the convention was still preparing everything, so she figured that she had still some time left to check out the city itself and so she did just that. But she still had to decide where to go first, hotel or the Kul-Elna ruins, so she took out a coin

Well then, Heads for the Hotel and Tails for the Ruins she thought to herself and threw the coin into the air

"Well on a second thought, the hotel would be a better idea I guess..." she muttered to herself and caught the coind without even looking at the result

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Stepping out of the elevator, Theo looked around the hotel lobby. There was a surprising amount of people inside, all with different agendas. Many of them had black boxes attached to their belt loops. Duelists, Theo thought. Wonder how many of them are in the tournament.

Theo made his way toward the breakfast area, where he was greeted by a buffet line whose contents had been thoroughly picked at. "No loukoumades?" he muttered to himself as he furrowed his brow. "This is a terrible spread! Guess I'll try one of everything..." He grabbed a plate and plasticware and started filling his plate with assorted foods.

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

"Well that is annoying..." Lucy asked herself. In front of the hotel area she noticed sign saying "NO DUELS ON THE HOTEL AREA", which annoyed her quite a bit as this meant that she might have a harder time gaining intel on potential enemies in the tournament. So she had to pass time until the tournament opens with something else

Maybe I should have waited in the car. Well will see what I can do here she thought and took a walk around the hotel area

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Walking slowly and carefully, making sure not to spill anything, Theo craned his head in all different directions in the hopes of finding a table. All the ones closer to the buffet were taken; some people had even just put their stuff down on a table and left, which kinda pissed him off because there didn't seem like there were that many tables to begin with. He eventually saw an empty two-person table closer to the entrance of the hotel and determinedly made his way over to it.

When he reached the table, he put down his plate and drink and got out his cell phone to check the time. 10:00, it read, and he had no new messages. "Well, I'm starved," Theo said to himself. "Time to eat!" Placing the phone back in his pocket, he sat down on the chair. As he was about to take a bite, however, he heard a clatter of objects on the ground. He looked down to see that both his phone and his deck box had fallen out of his pocket. Rolling his eyes and sighing, he put down his fork and bent over to pick up his belongings.

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Well. Only an hour or so left until the the convention opens Lucy thought, sitting at a table outside as she tried to avoid the hotel staff. She didn't feel really comfortable near these overly polite employees. While still thinking about the tournament, Lucy heard two guys, just outside the area, dueling. Her curiosity took the better of her and so she tried to find a good place to watch.

Well this should be interesting she thought while hoping to get some information from the duel itself. After several minutes of highly disappointing one sidedness, on of the Duelists finished off the other with his Perfect Machine King

Well at least I now know that he uses mostly machine cards

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Oot: Sorry if it's a bit long... I got really into it Razz

Hoping he hadn't attracted any attention by his clumsiness, Theo finished his meal rather quickly and got up from where he was sitting. There's still some time before everything opens, he thought as he walked to the exit of the hotel. I should probably check out the city and where I can do different things. This way I won't be completely lost when...

"I activate my Spell Card! Smashing Ground!"

Theo's ears perked up as he heard the cry of a nearby duelist announcing his plan for victory, and he became just as excited. "A Duel? I gotta see this!" Theo quickened his pace as he honed in on a small duel platform where, sure enough, two people were dueling surrounded by a decent-sized crowd. He got a little bit closer to see what exactly was going on. Apparently, though, the duel had been going on for while and was almost over, as the man who shouted before was clearly about to win.

"Now that your only monster is destroyed," the man said, "there's nothing stopping me from attacking your life points directly! And because I control 3 other machine-type monsters, my Perfect Machine King has 4200 attack points! ATTACK!"

Because the duel was being conducted on a KC duel platform, you could see the monsters appearing in hologram forms. Theo had never played on a duel platform like this before, and he was even more excited because he knew these would be what they would be using for the tournament. He watched in awe as the great robotic behemoth raised a giant fist and punched the stand where the other duelist was standing, and although it was a hologram, the guy must have felt something because he cried out when the attack connected.
"Aaaaaah! I lost!" he said.

It's too bad I didn't get here earlier, thought Theo as everyone around him started applauding the victor. I would have really liked to see this duel from the beginning. He then happened to glance at the people around him and noticed a young blue-haired girl standing a few feet away from him. She had also been watching the duel, like the rest of the crowd, but she appeared to be thinking about something. That girl has blue hair, he mused. She really stands out.

Another declaration from the winning duelist brought his attention back to the field. "Hahahaha!" laughed the man in his bold tone of voice. He then began to address the crowd. "No one can beat my awesome machine deck! That's why I'm gonna win this tournament!" He paused and then continued, "So, anyone else want to get beat? I'll take on any challenger!"

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Lucy took out her Deck and a chest full of cards out of her bag. After seeing the highly arrogant Machine-Duelist she just had to take him up on his challenge, so she switched out some of the cards from her deck with some from the chest. She was trying to gain full advantage out of the enemies preferences for Machine Monsters, so "System Down" and "Acid Rain" were a necessity among other cards. Once she was finished she raised her hand

"I challenge you! And I will give your pieces of scrap metal the Blue Screen of Death that they deserve!!" Lucy yelled at the arrogant Machine-Duelist, full of self-confidence and plans to overkill him as hard as possible

OffTopic: Lucy's deck can be viewed on my signature once I figure out how to make spoilers switch on/off

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Ooc: So... I guess I'll be controlling this Machine-Duelist from here on out.

MACHINE-DUELIST:
*turns to face Lucy* Well, well! Such big words coming from such a little girl! Alright, Miss, let's duel!

Watching from the sidelines, Theo also turned to look at Lucy as she announced her challenge. That girl is a duelist too? he thought. She must have a very strong deck to be so confident, and she's probably entering the tournament too. In any case, I definitely know what I'll be doing until the convention starts...

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 am

OOC: I will just assume that this is one of these Platforms from the Duelist Kingdom and Noah Arcs, If not so than tell me and i will change my post accordingly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well let's see how good he really is Lucy thought and walked over to the KC Duel Platform. She never actually played on any of these high-end Duel Platforms so it was kind of thrill for her to duel someone here.

"Okay I don't know much of your Duel Manners in this city so you can set the Rules. 8000 or 4000 Life Points?" Lucy asked, trying to get used to being watched by the other duelists like that. She started shuffling her deck.

I should be able to bring out either Macrocosmos or Dimensional Fissure by turn 3 and either Garlandolf or Demise by turn 5 or so, unless this guy actually changes his strategy from a pure beatdown deck. Lucy thought, planning out most of her possible first moves while placing her deck on the terminal in front of her. And now she had to wait.

"You decide who will start!"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: OOC: Well I am gonna be unable to come online from the 24th till the 28th due to school related matters. Wir travel to London for a few days X_x

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
OOC: I will just assume that this is one of these Platforms from the Duelist Kingdom and Noah Arcs, If not so than tell me and i will change my post according
Yep it is! At least that's what I pictured, anyway Razz
Edit: OOC: Well I am gonna be unable to come online from the 24th till the 28th due to school related matters. Wir travel to London for a few days X_x
Aww Sad well don't worry. School is important; I'm a student too, so I know that. I'll still be here when you get back, and maybe someone new might join the roleplay as well (but I'm being optimistic haha)! Have fun in London!

The machine duelist laughed heartily at Lucy's first question, then replied, "It doesn't matter how many Life Points you have, because I'll still win! We'll start with 8000, as a handicap for YOU!" He shuffled his deck while Lucy was shuffling hers, then he placed it on the terminal and drew 6 cards.

"Then I'll go first!" he continued. "I summon Cyber Valley in attack mode, and set two cards face-down!" A metallic silver serpent materialized on the platform in front of the duelist, its pitch-black eyes eerily staring at Lucy. "It's your move!"

THEO:
Wow... this guy's really getting annoying... I honestly hope this girl kicks his ass...

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm

OOC: I just noticed that dueling could become HELL later on when more complicated maneuvers are getting into the game due to Chain building and counter-traps XD... Well I put "Counter Checks" into the posts and only post her reaction if she doesn't get countered right afterwards.
~~~~

Lucy had to giggle while looking at the Cyber Valley. From her perspective it was quite cute.

"Well then, I draw" she said and did it. She drew a Dimensional Fissure, one of her key cards. As a start she summoned her Alexandrite Dragon. The giant jewel-scaled dragon appeared, turning almost rainbow-colored from the crystals in it's natural armor. It let out a monstrous roar and fixated it's ruby-colored eyes on the monster right in front of it. Lucy was astonished by the hologram as it seemed like it was really alive, especially in this size.

"It's... so beautiful..."  Lucy muttered to herself but had to snap out of it. She was from a small town somewhere in europe but this didn't mean that everyone had to know this.

OOC: If Machine-Duelist Counters in anyway at this point then ignore the rest of the post!

"Oh äh, yeah, now I activate my 'Dimensional Fissure' Spell card!" She said and once she played said card, a giant, cross-shaped void of space-distortion appeared above the platform. It was just a hologram but still really good-looking

OOC: If Machine-Duelist Counters in any way at this point then ignore the rest of the post!

"Well then, Alexandrite Dragon attack his Cyber Valley! Diamond Inferno!" she ordered her Alexandrite Dragon and the crystal-clad monstrosity fired a clear energy-blast with small crystal shards in it, which would cut down the Cyber Valley, if the attack connected.

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:57 pm

OOC: I just noticed that dueling could become HELL later on when more complicated maneuvers are getting into the game due to Chain building and counter-traps XD... Well I put "Counter Checks" into the posts and only post her reaction if she doesn't get countered right afterwards.
Yeah, I noticed that too. But I like what you're doing here, so I say we'll play all games like this. You can edit your post if I'd need to chain something. Fortunately, I do not need to this time.

Lucy's opponent was smiling while she made her plays. When Alexandrite Dragon launched its attack, he remarked, "You obviously don't know my Cyber Valley's special ability!"

The serpent opened its mouth a bit wider than everyone watching thought possible and swallowed the attack. Then it flew straight up into the Dimensional Fissure and vanished.

"When my monster is attacked," the duelist said, "I can negate your attack, draw 1 card, and end the Battle Phase by removing it from play. So you basically played that Dimensional Fissure for no reason because my monster is banished anyway!" He then drew his card and continued, "Well, it's still your turn."

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 pm

That's what you think, moron Lucy thought but played along anyways

"You are right, I should have known better. Anyways I set another card face-down and end my turn!" she said and a holographic face-down card appeared in the back-row of her side. Lucy absolutely adored the lightshow everytime a card was played.

Well it's not like Dimensional Fissure is my ONLY key-card..." she thought and awaited her opponents next turn

OOC: Yeah the Deck is in my Signature as a link!

The Great Duelist Convention Roleplay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next