Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Let's do a new roleplay!   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 am

Looking back over a lot of posts in the past, I've noticed that one of the main attractions of this forum has been roleplaying. So, in attempt to promote more activity on this site, I would like to propose that we start a new roleplay. I have a few ideas regarding characters and settings, but due to the fact that I have not roleplayed in a while, I would prefer if someone else be Game Master. Would anyone else be interested in this?
Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1279

Character sheet
Name: Aoi
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm game.

My pages: |Youtube | DeviantArt | Blog |
ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Charmergirl2251
New Charmer
New Charmer

Charmer Power : 1040

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Whats the setting/time of this game?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 4882
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 am

Lute wrote:
I'm game.
Awesome! Great to hear you're interested! By the way, I also read through one of your past roleplays, and it looked pretty cool!
Charmergirl2251 wrote:
Haven't worked out all the details yet, but I would like it to be at least related to the Yu-Gi-Oh universe. For characters, you can be either humans or monsters (or a mix of both, if you want to be multiple characters), and we can also include the Charmers if you guys want since, you know, this is the Charmer forum Razz As for the time period, if we're doing this in a human world, I think it'd be easier to stick close to the present, so nothing too futuristic. If it's in a monster world, then obviously time doesn't matter as they have different technological advances from us. I'm willing to play to your strengths, however, so if there's a certain setting/time you like or would rather play in, we can include that.
Back to top Go down
Charmergirl2251
New Charmer
New Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Ok who is starting?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Charmergirl2251 wrote:
Ok who is starting?
If you have an idea for a plot, you're more than welcome to start.

If not, and if no one else responds by tomorrow, then I'll come up with something.

Also, I should mention that this doesn't have to be canon in any way.
Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Lute wrote:
I'm game.
Awesome! Great to hear you're interested! By the way, I also read through one of your past roleplays, and it looked pretty cool!
Charmergirl2251 wrote:
Haven't worked out all the details yet, but I would like it to be at least related to the Yu-Gi-Oh universe. For characters, you can be either humans or monsters (or a mix of both, if you want to be multiple characters), and we can also include the Charmers if you guys want since, you know, this is the Charmer forum Razz As for the time period, if we're doing this in a human world, I think it'd be easier to stick close to the present, so nothing too futuristic. If it's in a monster world, then obviously time doesn't matter as they have different technological advances from us. I'm willing to play to your strengths, however, so if there's a certain setting/time you like or would rather play in, we can include that.

Thanks!
It really wasn't my best, though. :p

I always have a lot of plot ideas, but it's finding something that everybody agrees with that matters.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Charmergirl2251
New Charmer
New Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:15 am

I dont care where we start, I can work with just about any thing.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Lute wrote:
Thanks!
It really wasn't my best, though. :p

I always have a lot of plot ideas, but it's finding something that everybody agrees with that matters.
Very true! And that's actually more difficult than you'd think in a lot of cases.

Alright, well for now it seems to be just us three, so I guess I'll go ahead and assume the role of Game Master. Just so everyone knows, I am making this up as I go along, so don't expect anything to be canon lol. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong regarding my duties!

Plot:
After giving it some thought, I've decided there are going to be two main worlds, the human world (Earth) and the monster world. Travel between them is not impossible, but few inhabitants of one world know of the other's existence.

The monster world is vast, but for our purposes, let's focus on a specific country called Okinam. This country itself is very large, home to two rival empires as well as a few rogue tribes. In the west lies the citadel of Razamia, governed by Zaborg the Thunder Monarch and home to many LIGHT creatures, including Lyna the Light Charmer. Off to the east lies the citadel of Delgrand, ruled by Caius the Shadow Monarch and inhabited by many DARK creatures, including Dharc the Dark Charmer. Recently, there have been hostilities between these two fiefdoms, and although war has not broken out yet, it may be only a matter of time.
If you've been paying attention, this means that Dharc and Lyna cannot start together at the beginning of the story. That doesn't mean they don't know each other, however. They were separated when they were young, along with the rest of the Charmers, and have not seen each other in at least 5 years.
With regards to the other attributes, they have no organized leadership like the Light and Dark tribes do. They are either nomadic or have settled down in an environment most suitable for them (all the WATER creatures live by the sea, for instance). They do not possess such political rivals and therefore have no intention of starting a war with any other clan.

In contrast, the human world has no magical elements or rogue tribes (you live in it, so you should know). Most people live day-to-day, either having a job or going to school. To make things a bit interesting, I'm setting the date of this scenario to around 2004 (so no iPads or things like that), and it will start right at the beginning of a new school year, meaning students of a certain high school will be eager to meet each other (if you get my drift Wink) although they won't be as eager to have class and do homework.
I haven't decided which country we should start in, however, so I am going to let you all vote on it. It doesn't matter to me all that much, but it is useful to determine for aesthetic purposes.

Rules:
1. All Charmer forum rules apply.
2. At the beginning of the game, you may choose 1 or 2 characters to control, depending on what you're more comfortable with, and they can hail from either the human or monster world (or one from each!). Obviously the plot will be different depending on what you select, and so will your character outline (see below). If you're playing a human, it should be an Original Character, but if you're playing a monster, it can be either.
3. New players and characters can be added at any time, as long as you fill out a character outline for each new character. Also, if a player wants to control a new character, they can appeal to do so by filling out a new character outline (I say it like this because there are some characters that only the Game Master can control).
4. Your roleplaying style can be whatever you feel comfortable with, as long as what you write is legible. I personally will be doing a mix of Novice and Paragraph styles, depending on the context.
5. If you have a really cool plot device you'd like to add, or think something I made up really sucks, you can PM me about it.
6. Almost forgot this one: no overpowered characters are allowed!

Character Outline:
Name:
Race (OCs only):
Sex:
Character Description:
If your character is human, what does he/she do best:
If your character is monster, what are his/her abilities:
If your character is human, what is he/she bad at:
If your character is monster, what are his/her weaknesses:
Anything else you'd like to add:

I'll start the game once you submit your characters.
Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Hmm... I like the idea, but I personally feel that something more narrow would be more fitting for what we have right now. Perhaps make it a pure Academy-style roleplay instead of the second realm?

I feel bad throwing out half the plot work you've done, but splitting the roleplay into two realms is somewhat... daunting.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 am

Lute wrote:
Hmm... I like the idea, but I personally feel that something more narrow would be more fitting for what we have right now. Perhaps make it a pure Academy-style roleplay instead of the second realm?

I feel bad throwing out half the plot work you've done, but splitting the roleplay into two realms is somewhat... daunting.
That makes sense; I guess we would all need to be a bit more devoted to posting on the forum in order to enjoy something that complicated. But as I said, I was just making things up Razz
So, by Academy-style, do you mean something like a roleplay based around dueling, or just a typical slice-of-life high school scenario? Because while the latter is fun, I don't see how we can relate it to Yu-Gi-Oh much.

And I completely forgot to reinstate this, Lute, but if you have a cool plot and would like to be GM, you most definitely can. I only stepped up because nobody else seemed like they wanted to Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

Okay, it's been a few days and nobody else has responded nor submitted any ideas, so I'm coming up with another story. Same context as before; nothing is canon and everything is subject to change.

Plot:
Everyone remember the ancient village of Kul Elna, right? If not, it's where, 3000 years ago, the temple of the millenium items was constructed and the very first duel monsters were carved out in stone tablets. Well, by the year 2012, Kul Elna has become a modern, developed city, complete with shopping malls, schools, and of course an archaeological museum. Because it's the summer time, the heads of Duel Monsters Inc. have decided to host a very large duelist convention that will last for one whole month, and they have chosen this city as the locale due to its historical significance. On the surface, it seems like a great idea because it will connect duelists from around the world, as well as make Konami quite a lot of money (not that they have to worry about that in real life Razz), but there's something afoot here... If I told you that there will be magic and fantasy elements in this roleplay, would you believe me?

Rules:
1. All Charmer forum rules apply.
2. At the beginning of the game, you may choose 1 human character to control, and it should be an Original Character. Since this is a dueling roleplay, you should also keep in mind what kind of deck your character uses, although you don't need to write up all the cards in his/her deck. No overpowered characters or decks are allowed!
3. New players and characters can be added at any time, as long as you fill out a character outline for each new character. Also, if a player wants to control a new character, they can appeal to do so by filling out a new character outline.
4. Your roleplaying style can be whatever you feel comfortable with, as long as what you write is legible.
5. Regarding the duels themselves, I'd strongly suggest that duels only occur between at least two different players; in other words, characters played by the same person should not duel each other, as it's basically like dueling yourself. Also, I know I said this roleplay takes place in 2012, but if there's a specific banlist or format you'd prefer to follow, we can vote on that.
6. If you have a really cool plot device you'd like to add, or think something I made up really sucks, you can PM me about it.

Character Outline:
Name:
Sex:
Character Description:
Theme for your character's deck:
What does your character do best:
What is your character bad at:
Your character's favorite monster:
Anything else you'd like to add:

Also: since we're still coming up with a plot, I think we should make a new thread once we actually are ready to begin the game. This thread can be devoted to just planning things.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 am

Bump because it's been a few days. Does no one want to roleplay? Sad
I can try to come up with another idea if you don't like the first two

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1907
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 am

Well seems like I am going into the ring as well *cheering crowd*
Well most of the members in this forum are not as active as we or they would wish them to be, so of course Role Playing could be a BIT difficult. I would probably play in this one but only if we have enough members for the story itself.

Also i am rather shy in Role Playing due to not knowing HOW you role play and every forum got it's own ways^^

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Well seems like I am going into the ring as well *cheering crowd*
Well most of the members in this forum are not as active as we or they would wish them to be, so of course Role Playing could be a BIT difficult. I would probably play in this one but only if we have enough members for the story itself.
Horray! Glad to hear you're interested!
I basically made up the above stories while I was posting them, so I didn't have any minimum player limit in mind. Hopefully people can be active, but there's not much I can do on my own aside from encouragement. :/

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
Also i am rather shy in Role Playing due to not knowing HOW you role play and every forum got it's own ways^^
Well the good thing about this forum is that there have been a LOT of roleplays in the past, and they're all still here in Lyna's Roleplay Zone. I read through a lot of them, and it gave me a good understanding of exactly how you can make your characters interact and how the story can unfold. Because you wrote a fanfiction, I'm sure you have no problem making up a character and deciding its actions, but if you'd like some inspiration, I'd definitely recommend reading some of the stories here.
If you're talking about your roleplaying style, however (Novice, Paragraph, etc.), you can use whatever you're more comfortable with. I personally would be using a mix of them, depending on what the situation calls for.

Are you interested in doing one of my stories, or do you have another plot you'd like to share?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer

Charmer Power : 6453
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 am

Just for suggestion, if recruiting member is hard, you both can start the roleplay first. Make any kind of story that you both would like. After the roleplay started, see if other members would interested to join. Old roleplays usually start with few members first, after the roleplay itself becomes bigger and filled with interesting story, it'll attract other members.

You can create the new thread (for roleplay itself) and leave this thread for the roleplay's discussion and member registration/recruitment. ^^

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 am

Well the reason why we hadn't started yet is because we hadn't agreed on a story. I agree with Lute in that my first idea was a bit ambitious (but still can be fun!), so I posted a second idea and didn't get any feedback. If someone likes the idea or wants to do something similar, I said to please reply, but no one did. If no one wants to do the stories I suggested previously, I can try to come up with something else, but it takes a while to think of these things...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:09 am

I actually liked the first idea, actually you can also make it a pure Duel Monster Spirit World-style. You can mix it with human realm (real world), just like you mentioned. It's indeed, becomes a bit complicated, but it's fine if you can manage it.

Now, about a matter of where the story would start. The spirit world, or the real world. If it's started in real world, then everyone's first character should be designed as normal human (original character). If it's started in the spirit world, then everyone's first character should be designed as character that live in spirit world (Yugioh monsters).

To make things simple, when you choose to start in the real world, you can RP without mentioning/giving clue about the spirit world's whereabout at all. At some point in the story, if you already feel comfortable with this kind of RP, you have option to expand the story into the second realm (spirit world), or scrap the idea for later.

So if you just focus on a single realm when the RP started, whether you should make/expand the story into two realms can be decided later, depending on the RP's condition.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 am

Ah, okay. So basically everyone should start in the same place? That makes sense.

When I was writing my first story, I had actually thought a lot more about the plot after I had finished the summary, and I kinda had a few plot elements in mind (which was why I knew there had to be two worlds and thus mentioned so). And I would also adapt the story differently depending on which realm the players started in. So with that in mind, we could very well do my first story, but we'd have to choose to all be humans or all be monsters.

Thanks so much for replying, Eria. Would you be interested in joining? Wink

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 am

Looks like it's going somewhere Surprised
I think Eria is right, we should just start a story and wait that others join in. You can PM me for the full details and we can make a decision then. Or add me skype, whatever you prefer o_o

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 am

Smile
There's not much to prepare for, really. All you need to do is make a character and we can begin. On each of my posts I added a character outline, so just fill that out for the story you like!
If you still need me to PM you about anything at all, please let me know!

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Name: Lucy Stellamani
Sex: F
Height/Weight: 153cm/42kg
Character Description:

• Looks: Ice blue shoulder-length hair(dyed), dark blue eyes, glasses
  • Personality: Calculating, smartassy, tends to become too obsessed with some kind of detail, broody

Theme for your character's deck: Complete Annihilation, destroy your enemies cards cold and ruthlessly and finish them off with precision
What does your character do best:
Keep calm in difficult duel situations
Enraging others with technobabble
Telling REALLY bad jokes if she feels like it
What is your character bad at:
Socializing without blowing the enemies monsters apart
Cooking
Anything related to normal humor
Your character's favorite monster: Garlandolf, King of Destruction
Anything else you'd like to add: Never EVER mention her lack of bust size. She either goes depressed or will give you a looooong lecture.

I hope that is enough for now X_x

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:55 pm

That is perfect... Wink you did a great job, my friend. By "complete annihilation", I assume you're playing a beatdown deck?

So, it has been decided that we shall do the second story I proposed, which is about the duelist convention in Kul Elna. I'll go ahead and make a new thread for it, to make things a bit easier to follow for newcomers. As stated before, this old thread can be used for out-of-character discussion about the roleplay.

Also, here is my main character:
Sex: M
Height/Weight: 180cm/66kg
Character Description:

• Looks: Jet-black short hair spiked up in the front, brown eyes, olive skin-toned, usually wears collared shirts and jean shorts
  • Personality: Theo is adventurous and constantly finds ways to entertain himself. Quick-witted yet stubborn, he is known to make split-second decisions based on his past experiences and hardly ever change his mind.

Theme for your character's deck: A combination of Tribute monsters and control deck strategies
What does your character do best: Theo has a good memory, and he's fairly good at solving puzzles. He is experienced with technology, and he knows a thing or two about the way things work as well.
What is your character bad at: Due to his stubbornness, Theo may not take other people's feelings into consideration much of the time and may even do or say something offensive without realizing it. He also flat-out doesn't care about things that don't interest him, and he's not good with punctuality.
Your character's favorite monster: Beast of Talwar
Anything else you'd like to add: Theo is Greek. He has one more year of high school left, and he travelled to Kul Elna solely to participate in the convention.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:58 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Ah, okay. So basically everyone should start in the same place? That makes sense.

When I was writing my first story, I had actually thought a lot more about the plot after I had finished the summary, and I kinda had a few plot elements in mind (which was why I knew there had to be two worlds and thus mentioned so). And I would also adapt the story differently depending on which realm the players started in. So with that in mind, we could very well do my first story, but we'd have to choose to all be humans or all be monsters.

Thanks so much for replying, Eria. Would you be interested in joining?

Unfortunately I don't think I have time for RP. But, I'll still visit the Roleplay thread to read the RP. ^^

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am

@Yami: Okay, first of all, if you haven't read my latest update, please read it before reading this.

Now, would you be interested in controlling Garlandorf for this RP? Things may become more apparent or different later on, but for now I'm thinking it will be a main character. So I'm giving you the option to do so. If not, then I will.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's do a new roleplay!   Today at 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Let's do a new roleplay!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next