Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 
 

 Project Charmers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyokochan666
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 20
Charmer Power : 1028
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : The Sky

Character sheet
Name: Naiyomi
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 am

A Charmer-based RPG? Seems interesting. I'd like to pitch a few ideas to the RPG, though they're subject to change.

Moving back to the world idea, I think that using Field Spells would work as different parts of the world, though if they're not used for that, maybe the Field Spells could be used in a battle, such as Yami, giving Spellcasters increased attack.

As for towns, cities, ect. There could be both shops (Weapons, spells, items, armor, ect.) and bystanders, which you could talk to for game information and stuff. (Possibly to trade items too.) When you buy spells (Which could be spells and trap cards.) you could use them in battle, such as buying Gift of the Mystical Elf, which could heal you in battle, or Oozaki, to deal damage to your opponent. Or from the armor store, you could buy equip spells, (Lightning Blade, Core blaster, ect) But some that are only for certain cards, could only be used for the respective cards that are allowed to use it, like Morphtronic Rusty Engine, only being used by Morphtronics.

Now to the gameplay. Going by the pictures, it seems to have the style of Harvest Moon, or something along those lines. I personally think that a game like this would work well as a strategy game, assuming that the kind of game hasn't already been chosen.

Another idea I have, is being able to use other monsters in battle. I haven't really thought about it much, also leaving it as a flexible option. Anyway, those are my ideas towards the game. Hopefully they're of some use.

_________________
Without light, darkness is the only, existing. Therefore, there is no darkness.
Yet without darkness, all that can be existing is light. Without dark existing, light is the only remaining factor, therefore, there is no such thing as light.

Light darkness.


One may not exist without the other.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Kappa Tulen wrote:
Wow, this sure is Interesting. Shocked

If possible, I would like to help with this, but I'm an amateur at this kind of stuff, and dunno how much I can help. Embarassed

At the very least, I guess I try giving some game title. Sorry if it is bad.

Charm of Element; Chronicle of the Six Element (Or four if Dharc and Lyna isn't counted)

It's okay, Kappa ^^ Any suggestion or opinion about this project will be a great help, and I really appreciate it ^^ So if there's anything you want to add in this project, something that you think will be interesting and can improve this game, feel free to suggest it! XD

And there are two people here that suggested "Chronicles" for the game title XDDD Chronicles of the Six Elements sounds good too. What do you think, guys?

Kyokochan666 wrote:
A Charmer-based RPG? Seems interesting. I'd like to pitch a few ideas to the RPG, though they're subject to change.

Moving back to the world idea, I think that using Field Spells would work as different parts of the world, though if they're not used for that, maybe the Field Spells could be used in a battle, such as Yami, giving Spellcasters increased attack.

As for towns, cities, ect. There could be both shops (Weapons, spells, items, armor, ect.) and bystanders, which you could talk to for game information and stuff. (Possibly to trade items too.) When you buy spells (Which could be spells and trap cards.) you could use them in battle, such as buying Gift of the Mystical Elf, which could heal you in battle, or Oozaki, to deal damage to your opponent. Or from the armor store, you could buy equip spells, (Lightning Blade, Core blaster, ect) But some that are only for certain cards, could only be used for the respective cards that are allowed to use it, like Morphtronic Rusty Engine, only being used by Morphtronics.

Yes, this already suggested by another member too, and I'm currently working on it XD

Kyokochan666 wrote:
Now to the gameplay. Going by the pictures, it seems to have the style of Harvest Moon, or something along those lines. I personally think that a game like this would work well as a strategy game, assuming that the kind of game hasn't already been chosen.

Err... that previous screenshots are just samples, actually XD;;; Can be changed anytime XD

But for a strategy game, hmm... Let's see if we can make it like that, maybe an ATB system could work. Thanks for the idea ^^

Kyokochan666 wrote:
Another idea I have, is being able to use other monsters in battle. I haven't really thought about it much, also leaving it as a flexible option. Anyway, those are my ideas towards the game. Hopefully they're of some use.

I'm currently working on this too ^^ Somehow the script doesn't want to work, so many bugs in it x__x

Thanks for contributing in this project! cheers

Back to top Go down
DoomsdayDharc
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 6
Charmer Power : 1010
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Japan waiting to be made

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm

I have a question. What about voice-acting? It would be awesome in my opinion.

_________________
I believe in the heart of the cards, but sometimes it gives me crap.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:55 pm

DoomsdayDharc wrote:
I have a question. What about voice-acting? It would be awesome in my opinion.

Voice-acting... yup, awesome indeed. But I think it will be too much for a simple game like this ^^;;; And more important thing, I don't know which person I should hire to be a voice actor.... XD;;;

Maybe in another project XD Still, thanks for contributing, Dharc! ^^

Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 106
Charmer Power : 1112
Join date : 2012-02-26
Location : Gensokyo

Character sheet
Name: Cardboard Box
HP:
1/5  (1/5)
MP:
12/12  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Hmm, a fan-made RPG exclusive to the Charmers? Me gusta.
Have you planned up the plot yet in general? I kinda have an idea for the plot, that is if you still aren't sure about where to develop.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Hmm, a fan-made RPG exclusive to the Charmers? Me gusta.
Have you planned up the plot yet in general? I kinda have an idea for the plot, that is if you still aren't sure about where to develop.

I did ^^ But if you have an idea and want to contribute for the plot as well, I'll be glad to hear about it ^^

Feel free to put your idea here. Or if you think it will be a spoiler to the game, you can PM me instead. I'll be waiting ^^

Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 106
Charmer Power : 1112
Join date : 2012-02-26
Location : Gensokyo

Character sheet
Name: Cardboard Box
HP:
1/5  (1/5)
MP:
12/12  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Runo wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:
Hmm, a fan-made RPG exclusive to the Charmers? Me gusta.
Have you planned up the plot yet in general? I kinda have an idea for the plot, that is if you still aren't sure about where to develop.

I did ^^ But if you have an idea and want to contribute for the plot as well, I'll be glad to hear about it ^^

Feel free to put your idea here. Or if you think it will be a spoiler to the game, you can PM me instead. I'll be waiting ^^


Well, it's not spoilers or anything. My plot is just a simple cliche story, but I personally find it fitting for a Yu-Gi-Oh themed game.
Basically, the main villains are all Six Samurai's cards. They're a tyrannic and powerful force that just wants to expand their country until they seize control of everything. The Charmers on the other hand are trying to protect their homeland from the invasion.
That's my plot in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:16 am

Solid Snake wrote:
Runo wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:
Hmm, a fan-made RPG exclusive to the Charmers? Me gusta.
Have you planned up the plot yet in general? I kinda have an idea for the plot, that is if you still aren't sure about where to develop.

I did ^^ But if you have an idea and want to contribute for the plot as well, I'll be glad to hear about it ^^

Feel free to put your idea here. Or if you think it will be a spoiler to the game, you can PM me instead. I'll be waiting ^^


Well, it's not spoilers or anything. My plot is just a simple cliche story, but I personally find it fitting for a Yu-Gi-Oh themed game.
Basically, the main villains are all Six Samurai's cards. They're a tyrannic and powerful force that just wants to expand their country until they seize control of everything. The Charmers on the other hand are trying to protect their homeland from the invasion.
That's my plot in a nutshell.

Ah, I see. I'll discuss about your idea with the other contributors then ^^

Thanks for contributing, Snake! cheers

Back to top Go down
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 454
Charmer Power : 1533
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 23
Location : Shinix Dimension

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
2000/2000  (2000/2000)
MP:
500/500  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

My idea is that while those events happen, they also must do an exam to prove that they are worthy charmers and will be able to summon their own familliar when in need of battle. Outside of battle, they may be summoned to break some obstacles, all at a cost of some MP.

_________________

Credits to King of Maplemation for siggy~
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 am

Dally wrote:
My idea is that while those events happen, they also must do an exam to prove that they are worthy charmers and will be able to summon their own familliar when in need of battle. Outside of battle, they may be summoned to break some obstacles, all at a cost of some MP.

Yup, I'm currently working on this, as suggested by Eria and Amirashika in the first page of this thread XD The current script for this feature has been fixed. Just need more testing to make sure there's no annoying bugs in the script, before I can continue in spriting x__x

Thanks for your contribution too, Dally ^^

Back to top Go down
Misuka
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 21
Charmer Power : 1023
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 27
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:34 pm

The idea sounds great 8>w<8

I think that the charmers maybe could have the mission of rescue their teacher: Doriado of the six-samurais or the villans of the story, also maybe they will have help of other monsters like Calm Wynndarl Ritua Emilia Dark Magician Girl Dark Magician , depending of the region where they stay, like...i don't know...dark zone, light zone, earth zone.

Perhaps the zones could be fields cards like Amazoness Village, Black Garden, Canyon or other fields.

Well this's my ideas, i hope that help XDU
Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 332
Charmer Power : 1364
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 29
Location : Argentina
Badges :


PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 am

Too add some realy good points we can make different end's of the game acording to each Charmer owo.

_________________
My blog, with new draw every month.

http://thefarsouth.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://thefarsouth.blogspot.com/
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Misuka wrote:
The idea sounds great 8>w<8

I think that the charmers maybe could have the mission of rescue their teacher: Doriado of the six-samurais or the villans of the story, also maybe they will have help of other monsters like Calm Wynndarl Ritua Emilia Dark Magician Girl Dark Magician , depending of the region where they stay, like...i don't know...dark zone, light zone, earth zone.

Perhaps the zones could be fields cards like Amazoness Village, Black Garden, Canyon or other fields.

Well this's my ideas, i hope that help XDU

Thank you ^^

A mission to rescue Doriado... that reminds me of someone's FF here XD Interesting idea, though. But maybe I'll limit this project to not involve any character from DT, since it will make the storyline turned out to be a war between clans and not focused on those six charmers anymore XD;;; Still, thanks for contributing, Misuka! ^^

Wiseman wrote:
Too add some realy good points we can make different end's of the game acording to each Charmer owo.

The basic storyline indeed have multiple endings. But to make more endings for each charmers... I'm not sure about this. Let's see if we can make it like that or not, though. Thanks, Wiseman ^^

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 am

OK... I haven't heard about the news from this game project. How has it been so far?


~Kirikaze

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
OK... I haven't heard about the news from this game project. How has it been so far?


~Kirikaze

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot to update this thread... >.<

Overall... not much, LOL. The spriting part itself already spent so much time compared to the other part, so I dropped it for a while and moved to mapping again. Tested some custom menu systems too, and this is the result :




That's all for now, I guess XD At least the script has been done, but for the sprites, well... I'm so slow at this part, sorry >.<;;; As for a little update, here's another (random) screenshot XDDD



Black Forest Quest from Witch of the Black Forest to find a missing Black Forest Cake in the well known Black Forest in Spirit World... LOL

cheers Stay tuned! cheers

Back to top Go down
Misuka
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 21
Charmer Power : 1023
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 27
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm

AWESOME!!!!! 8>w<8
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 106
Charmer Power : 1112
Join date : 2012-02-26
Location : Gensokyo

Character sheet
Name: Cardboard Box
HP:
1/5  (1/5)
MP:
12/12  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 am

It looks really appealing right now.
Back to top Go down
Wynnda
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 23
Charmer Power : 1083
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 33
Location : United States
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 am

No way!!! When is this game going to be out? o.o; How difficult is the gameplay, Runo? If its like most Final Fantasy Turn-Base-Games I won't be able to beat it!! But I wouldn't mind testing it out!!!
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 am

Misuka wrote:
AWESOME!!!!! 8>w<8
Solid Snake wrote:
It looks really appealing right now.

Hope you like it, guys XD

Wynnda wrote:
No way!!! When is this game going to be out? o.o; How difficult is the gameplay, Runo? If its like most Final Fantasy Turn-Base-Games I won't be able to beat it!! But I wouldn't mind testing it out!!!

I can't really tell when it's going to be out, but I'll try to finish it as soon as possible ^^;;; At least for the first demo for now XD

About the difficulties... maybe it will be different depending on the player, but yup, most likely it will be turn-based ^^ Some skills will require some item or stat too. Like, for example, if the charmer doesn't equipped with their staff, then they can't use any magic skill at all and only melee attack can be used to counter the enemies. The same goes with the familiars. If the charmer left alone without their familiar, then they can't enter the FP state and the option for that will be locked unless they battle with their respective familiars XD

Well... the whole base of this game so far will be focused on the storyline, actually. Sure there are plenty usual battle scenes like any other RPGs, but other than that, there's also some side quests as the story goes on. You can choose whether you want to take those quests or not XD

But if you want, maybe I can try to set the game's difficulties in some different levels. Let's see about that ^^

Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Alright, time to bump this thread again~

First, sorry for the delay, guys. But since I will graduate soon from a certain boring place (lol), I will have more free time after this to fully concentrate in this project. Hopefully I can finish this quicker. >.<

Anyway, the demo version will be up around this forum's birthday (hope so XD), with about 20-30 minutes of gameplay (or more, depending on the events I will put in it). I might ask some people here to be the beta-testers too before released the final version, including bug testing and grammar/spelling correction. If you're interested to be one, feel free to drop your comment here. ^^

UPDATE :
- Endymion's Map is now done (finally! cheers ). Moving on spiriting again~
- Fixed the database of each Charmers and their familiars.
- Implemented the junction system and re-organized the skill requirements.
- Finished the rough design of the game's logo.

That's all, I guess. Now I need to.... Sleep

Back to top Go down
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 454
Charmer Power : 1533
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 23
Location : Shinix Dimension

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
2000/2000  (2000/2000)
MP:
500/500  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Sounds great, I can be a beta tester if you'd like.

Can't wait to play the demo.

_________________

Credits to King of Maplemation for siggy~
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
avatar

Posts : 573
Charmer Power : 1852
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 am

Sure, Dally. I'll contact you again later before I upload the demo here. ^^

One beta tester. Need at least 2 more. XD

Back to top Go down
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 454
Charmer Power : 1533
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 23
Location : Shinix Dimension

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
2000/2000  (2000/2000)
MP:
500/500  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Anything happening for this little project?

_________________

Credits to King of Maplemation for siggy~
Back to top Go down
MaxxiasCXY96
New Charmer
New Charmer
avatar

Posts : 43
Charmer Power : 1114
Join date : 2012-10-01
Age : 23
Location : Centreville
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Maxxy
HP:
245/245  (245/245)
MP:
175/175  (175/175)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

You could put the charmers in GearTown as a difficult level with Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem as a secret boss. Maybe you could put some secret bosses like: Five-Headed Dragon, Dark Ruler Ha Des, and the Earthbound Immortals.

_________________
DECK LIST I MADE AND PLAYED:
-DESTINY HEROES (Fun to play with Destiny and Trinity)*
-CRYSTAL BEASTS (OP with Abundance)*
-CLOUDIANS (IMO fun but those cloud counters killed me lol)*
-ALIENS (Interesting)*
-FAIRIES with some DESTINY HEROES (My former competitive deck)+
-CHARMERS (Fun deck)+
(MAIN DECK)-MADOLCHES (Fun and Competitive)'
-Geargia/Machina (When things get Real, it's 101% competitive)'
-Chronomaly (Makes a lot of easy XYZ rank 5, and keeps good field presense)'
-X-Sabers (They are cool and fun to play with. Also underrated.)+ [They are STILL EVOLVING AS WE SPEAK!]
-Dino Rabbit (Fun and Easy to make)*
-Heraldic Beast'
-Duston'*
-Fire Fist'
-Hazy Flame
-Heroic Challengers*
-EvilSwarms
-Constellars
-Battlin Boxers*
-Gimmick Puppets
-Gagaga

*Not used anymore
+Occasionally used
'Still used
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/aznplayaboi?feature=mhee
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:58 pm

hohoho... finally someone with secret dungeon idea. I like this.


But if it's a secret dungeon... I prefer it's on somewhere else like Chaos Zone and the secret boss are BLS and Chaos Emperor Dragon (together with other high level Chaos monsters). And if you want to take it to another level, try to use another dungeon and the bosses can be the Asgardian gods like Odin, Loki and Thor (Yugioh monsters), or Obelisk, Slifer and Ra. Too powerful? Sure... Star Ocean tends to have some overpowered bosses in their secret dungeon. So... why not? XD

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   

Back to top Go down
 
Project Charmers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hobsonville Project....
» Untitled Peter Farrelly/Charles Wessler Project
» 1995 z28 Drag Car Roller Project For Sale
» Stereo 70 project
» My-HiME Big Bang Project?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Elemental Charmers Café :: Our Charmer Stuffs and Projects-
Jump to: