Everybody was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to off on the new game mechanic.
http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/8470406/Exceeds Monsters and Exceeds Summoning:
- Exceeds Monsters are coloured black
, and reside in the Extra Deck
- Instead of a Level, they have a Rank. This Rank is depicted as a row of stars extending from the left-hand side of the card (opposite to where the Level is normally depicted).Exceed Summoning:
- In order to Exceeds Summon an Exceeds Monster, first you must take the required Exceeds Material Monsters face-up on your side of the field and stack them together. Then, the Exceeds Monster is Exceeds Summoned from the Extra Deck, and placed on top of the stack.
- An Exceeds Summon counts as a Special Summon.
- 'Removing' an Exceeds Material Monster stacked beneath an Exceeds Monster means to pick it up and send it to the Graveyard.
- Some cards have effects that manipulate the Exceeds Material Monsters stacked beneath an Exceed Monster. Usually though these effects come with a sting in the tail should all of an Exceed Monster's Exceed Material Monsters be used up this way, so use them wisely.
And as an example:
YSD6-JP041 No. 39, Aspiring Emperor Hope
LIGHT/Warrior - Exceeds - Effect/Rank 4/2500/2000
2x Level 4 monsters
When your or your opponent declares an attack with a monster, you can activate this effect by removing 1 of this card's Exceeds Material Monster. Negate that monster's attack. When this card without Exceeds Material Monster is selected as attack target, it is destroyed.
So they have no build-in Protection, but they now live inside your Extra Deck, meaning you don't have to draw into them in order to use them.
I'm liking this new engine, but the only monster that I found actually worth the effort is Hope, due it's Summon conditions, ATK/DEF stats and a reasonable decent effect.
Discuss and welcome our new game mechanic.