Charmer Power : 1279

Character sheet
Name: Aoi
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Eira: A country divided   Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi! I'm new here, so please bear with me on this roleplay.

First off, Rules.
-Follow the Charmer Rules
-Try to use proper grammar
-"IC:" for In Character writing.
-"OOC" for Out of Character writing, such as discussing ideas.
-Don't be overpowered! This is a fantasy roleplay, so don't whip out an RPG and start blowing things up.
-Please don't become inactive. If you're missing in action for more than a month without a legitimate reason, you'll be kicked out.

Setting
It is 1659 on the Continent of Archaus, in which the country Eira is located. Eira is embroiled in a brutal civil war, after the discovery of the Elemental Temple of the Sea on the island of Navy, which houses a long lost legendary weapon, the sword "Aquatania." A brutal civil war ensued when the monarch, Musashi Kenji, marched his army onto the island to retrieve the weapon. Many people were opposed to such an action. It was common lore than if any of the Elemental Weapons were to be removed from its resting place, great disasters would befall on the lands. The people, fearing for their welfare and lives, created a resistance force against the greedy king, calling it the "Eira Protection Front."
The roleplay starts on 1659, as the Protection Front moves to confront an Royal Armada sent to retrieve the king.
1659 in this roleplay corresponds to the 1400's in real life, however the ships are more advanced.

There is a map, which I also use for two other roleplays of mine. Eira is in the bottom right corner. The slightly erased red line is the border from 1659. The map was made for a 2013-era Archaus.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8421/lucanamap1.png - Big image, so be warned.

The Elemental Temples
The story of the Elemental Temples are a renowned tale in Eira, though not as much in the rest of the continent. In brief, there are four Temples, one for each major element: Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire. For each element corresponds to a weapon.
Water is the holy katana, "Aquatania", Wind is the great bow, "Lindale", Earth is the great axe, whose name is unknown, and Fire is the lance "Incendia". As of 1659, only one Temple has been discovered, The Temple of the Sea.

Application Form
Username:
Character Name:
Race[Limited to human for the roleplay]:
Profession/Expertise/etc[IE, magus]:
Description(clothes, armour, weapons, items, height, etc):
Personality:
History:
Other:

NPCs

Player Characters
Username: Lute
Character Name: Nagisa Kai
Race[Limited to human for the roleplay]: Human
Faction: Eira Protection Force
Profession/Expertise/etc[IE, magus]: A mage specializing in water.
Description(clothes, armour, weapons, items, height, etc): Nagisa is 5' 4", with brilliant silver hair down to her shoulders. She has blue eyes, and often wears a black peacoat that reaches to her thighs, and a black skirt. She carries a small shirk and a reference spellbook as weapons, though she has most of her spells memorized. She also carries a leather knapsack for various trinkets or important items she collects.
Personality: Nagisa is an eccentric, book loving person. She has an endearing personality, and immediately brightens the room.
History: Nagisa is from the port town Corail on the North-west coast of Navy Island. She was fascinated with water at an early age, and began an apprenticeship with a local mage-captain, Lex Pullman, that had a homeport in Corail. Since then, she stayed under the supervision of Lex on his ship, the Virgil.
Other: None at the moment.

My pages: |Youtube | DeviantArt | Blog |
ルーテ

Last edited by Lute on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Hmmm. Maybe this will work, seeing as no one else knows that I exist in the other roleplays.

Character Name: Sapphire

Race[Limited to human for the roleplay]: Human. >_< obvious.

Faction: Guardian of the Aquatania

Profession/Expertise/etc[IE, magus]: Mage warrior

Description(clothes, armour, weapons, items, height, etc): 4ft 0in. Carries a small ball which morphs into any weapon, mainly a trident. He has a cloak which has a single button in the middle with the inscription of a tri-force. He has blue eyes and aqua, short, messy hair. He has the face of a shy child and carries a book of spells.

Personality: Calm

History: During his childhood, he was raised by the previous guardians of the Aquatania. They were then wiped out by a large rogue wave when there was an imbalance of power in the world. Before their demise, only Sapphire and another unnamed child was left in the only place safe, the temple of the Aquatania. The rest felt that they were responsible for the event, and felt it best to perish. Now Sapphire stands to guard the Aquatania, even though he was abandoned by the others. It is unclear what happened to the other unnamed child.

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Accepted. We can start immediately, but we'll need one or two more people to get a decent move on the roleplay.
I'm changing Lex's name to Lex Chord. It just sounds better. I also changed Nagisa's age to fit her character more.

IC:
"Oh, Nagisa-chan! I haven't seen you in a while."
Nagisa was walking down the main street in Corail. The main street of Corail lead directly to the ports, which Nagisa just came from. Main Street was famous for its array of streetside stalls and stores. The older person that had just called out to Nagisa was an owner of such a stall.

"Hi, Lena-sama," called back Nagisa, waving her hand as she pushed her way through the crowded street. "I just got from a trip to the mainland with master Lex."
"I see!" smiled Lena, nodding her head. "Anyway, you make sure Lex-chan doesn't do anything stupid like trying to fight off the king's men. He'll probably do something like that..." she laughed. "It runs in his blood."
"I will, Lena-sama," replied Nagisa, with a smile. "I have to go now. Running an errand for Lex-sama." she pointed at her bag, grinning.
Though, I really wish that they don't bring the fighting here... I don't want Lena-sama and the others to get hurt...

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:41 pm

*Sapphire is sitting atop a rock in the middle of the ocean*

Sapphire: The seas are so calm, and yet it may soon be stormy.

*Sapphire rides a wave back to the temple, he goes to the a cavern under the temple and goes to his room and eyes a family portrait*

Sapphire: I miss you all, especially you.... But war may soon arrive. Please do not begrudge me for any harm that may arise.

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 pm

IC:
"YESSSS!" shouted Nagisa as she dug into an apple pie. "I'm sick of having fish," said Nagisa. "Thank you, Lex-sama!"
It was a quarter after nine, and Nagisa and Lex were having their dinner in the captain's quarter of Lex's boat.
Nagisa looked up from her food, but didn't expect to see a very serious face from Lex.

"Nagisa-kun, I've decided to help the Protection Front."
Nagisa wasn't wasn't surprised. She knew this would happen, but it still startled her.
"Corail is all that is in between the king and his prize," continued Lex. "King Musashi Kenji will not hesitate to destroy what is in his path."
Lex picked up a piece of chicken with his chopsticks, and continued.
"I will fight for that reason. I am going to have you stay with Lena-sama until this ends."
"But-"
"You know you can't stop me, Nagisa-kun. But I will promise that I will return alive... with the ship."
Nagisa refused to relent.
"But you don't even have cannons."
Lex laughed. "Oh? Why are am I teaching you water magic again?"
Nagisa fell silent.
"Besides, I can pick up some cannons at the next port over. It is nothing to worry about, Nagisa-kun."
Lex put the piece of chicken in his mouth.
"I'll be leaving first thing in the morning so I can reach Eira's Protection Front's fleet. I'm supposed to ferry supplies to them, so I doubt any of us on board will be in direct harm," said Lex, his voice slightly muffled by his chewing.
"Now, you should get to Lena-sama's shop."

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Sapphire: Huh..What! Oh, I fell asleep.

*Sapphire walks onto the ocean*

Sapphire: Maybe it's time to meet some people.

*Sapphire makes a disguise from the water and swims at high speed*

Sapphire: *surfaces* So this is Eira.

*Sapphire sees plumes of smoke from the land*

Sapphire: !!! There must be a battle going on.

Random Sailor 1: Hey!

*Sapphire looks to his rights and sees a large ship headed his way*

Sapphire: !!! Uh-oh.

R Sailor 1: Captain, I see...a boy in the water.

Random Captain: Hmm, bring him up.

*The ship lets down a life boat and a crew brings up Sapphire*

Sapphire: *fake cough* Thanks for getting me outta there.

R Captain: No problem. Anything for our citizens. By the way, what were you doing out here anyway?

Sapphire: *quickly makes a story* I was sent here by my parents to find some sorta stone. Then I was pushed in by the shockwave of a cannon blast. It was horrible.

R Captain: How tragic. Now, maybe we could send you home. We are on the backup squad and are not in immediate danger. Could you tell us where you are from?

Sapphire: Um, that's fine, maybe I could just borrow a boat and go there myself.

R Captain: All alone? Surely you must be kidding.

Sapphire: Well, my parents say I'm a pretty good seaman.

R Captain: Is that why they sent you out here? Stay for awhile, have a rest. You also must be famished.

Sapphire: Uhh, thank you for your kindness. But I'm fine.

R Captain: I insist. Since you refuse to tell me the location of your home, I'm afraid I will have to take care of you till we can return. Your parents will alert the authorities, do not worry.

Sapphire: Um, ok. Maybe I should take a rest. (Shoot, I'm dead)

R Captain: Good, now come with me.

*The captain brings Sapphire to a bunk*

R Captain: Enjoy you're stay.

*captain leaves*

Sapphire: I'd better pull a fast one.

Last edited by Skyblade LV12 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 am

OOC: There aren't destroyers in the age of sail. >.< They only came around about right before WWI. >.< Nor life preservers. They bring down boats. >.<

IC: "Big trouble! Big trouble!"
Nagisa looked up from the ground. She had been doing chores for Lena, and was sweeping the storefront cobblestone. Nagisa noticed a small boy, maybe about ten, running towards the shop.
"There's a fleet coming, and I don't recognize any of the boats!" said the child, still running.
Nagisa looked up, startled. "Is Lex-sama's boat okay?"
"Hi Nagisa-chan," said the boy, noticing her. "I don't know where Lex-sama's boat is... Sorry." the boy looked downcast.
"It's alright," replied Nagisa. "I'll ask somebody by the docks."
After finishing sweeping the storefront, Nagisa made her way to the docks.
The docks were in a state of upheaval, with returning ships in splinters, and the small enemy fleet in the distance.
"Excuse me sir," said Nagisa as she asked a returning sailor. "Do you know what happened to the Virgil?"
The sailor looked thoughtful for a moment.
"I didn't see her at the battle. She may have been there, but I doubt it. If her captain did what was commanded, she should be on the other side of the island."
Nagisa sighed in relief.
Lex's ship should be safe.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Changed the last reply as needed. ^_^

*the crew is sleeping*

Sapphire: *sneaks out the door* So far so good.

*a patrolman comes up in a corridor*

Sapphire: !!! *turns into a puddle*

patrolman: ? Who spilled that? *continues march*

Sapphire: *reverts back* Phew. *Walks to the bow of the boat*

*an alarm sounds*

Sapphire: !!! Time to go. *Jumps into the water.

R Captain: What is it?

R sailor: I'm not sure, there was just an alarm.

R captain: Check everything.

*search*

R sailor: Sir, the boy is gone.

R captain: Did he cause this? Not that it concerns us. Return to your post.

*Sapphire swims towards the shore and sees the fleet of boats*

Sapphire: No....it's starting...

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 am

Lexington, or Lex for short, stood at the helm of his ship. He had seen the entire battle from afar. Now the remnants of the King's fleet continued on to the port town, unhindered. The only town defense was now its fort and the remaining ships, half of which were already crippled. Half of the original force had been captured or sunk.

"Captain, I hear the Faldon's ship bell ringing," said a sailor, pointing at the ship several hundred feet away from them. It was on the same mission as them. "There may be something amiss on board."
"Well, go get them," replied Lex, somewhat incredulously. "Prepare a boat and board them. We can't have our one ally in trouble."

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Sapphire: *rises from the water* *gasp* The destruction.

*Streams of debris from the ship circle the water, he then realizes the fleet heading towards the city*

Sapphire: Will they not stop? (But, why are they doing this, what are they so eager to get?)

*Sapphire stays below the waves and monitors fleet*

Sapphire: (No one else will die)

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm

"I am the captain of the Faldon, and I demand why you are visiting us," said the captain of the Faldon, which had picked up Sapphire.
"We heard your bell and thought you to be in trouble," replied Lex, concerned.
"This is the Faldon, a 28-gun corvette," replied the captain. "We have no need of your puny raft, even if we were in trouble."
"Yet we are in the same navy and fleet," replied Lex cooly, ignoring the fact that the Faldon's captain was much less experienced than him. "We're even on the same job. But that's not the point; why did you ring the bell?"
"I don't know," said the captain, bluntly.
"..."
"In anycase, we must return to port. We will need your firepower to help defend the town. We're probably the only two capable vessels still fully afloat, and we might just have the upper hand geographically."
"Fine," replied the captain.
The two ships began to make their way back to port.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Sapphire: !!! Why are you dealing with me? There are ships out there that are about to destroy that city over there. Shouldn't you're navy be doing something about it?

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 pm

(We're already going back to port the defend the town. Razz )

"Not good," said Lex to his first mate, Toshio.
"I can count at least seven enemy ships," said Lex, looking through his spyglass.
The two were still a bit away from the port, and the sight was already grim.

---

On the Faldon

"Oh, it's you," said the captain, James Blues, to Sapphire.
"Rest assured, we are doing something. We're going to blockade our own port for now, with the help of what's left and our fort," answered the captain.
"We can definitely defend it well," said the captain, half bluffing.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Sapphire: Stop with the act. Do you even care about you're citizens? Oh yeah, you're a soldier. You're only supposed to follow the words of your superior. You don't even have sense. LOOK! There is a whole fleet of ships going towards that slab of wood you call a fortress. Are you just going to stand for this!!?

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 pm

"O-of course not!" retorted the captain.
"We are defending the island with all we can. See these cannons?" James pointed at the guns mounted on the deck.
"We have 28 of these. They're not for show. Additionally, I'd like to have you know that that fortress over there is solid stone, not wood."
An officer approached James.
"Sir, we're approaching the harbor. Shall we disembark or follow through with the plan?"
"We follow the plan... We will be fine under the cover of Fort Corail's 150 cannons, and their magi."

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Sapphire: (If only you could see) Fine. If that's the way you see it. (You humans will soon see your errors)

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm

On the Virgil

"Looks like there's a bit of trouble on 'Mr. I'm so awesome's' boat," commented Toshio.
"Let them be," grinned Lex. "For all I know, that James'll sail himself right into the enemy fleet for glory."
"What do we do, captain?" asked Toshio.
"Well, Toshio-san, we'll just have to wait and see how this turns out. We can't do much without heavy cannons, after all. Nagisa-kun may have been wrong, but in this situation Nagisa-kun is completely right."
Lex thought for a few more seconds.
"On the other hand, because we can't do anything, we might do better disembarking and protect that temple on foot..."

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Sapphire: (what's going on, do they think that that many ships can stop the fleet?)

*Sapphire eyes the fleet*

Sapphire: They also haven't moved either. Could it be an actual ceasefire?

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

On the Faldon

"Sir, the enemy fleet seems to have slowed down," said an officer as he approached the captain. "They've either caught a bad wind or are ancho-"
"Ha! The pansies are retreating already? The awe of my ship has scared them away," declared the captain.
"I don't think so, sir," said the officer under his breath. "No. They're assessing the situation," said the officer, coming to a conclusion.
"Good, good, gives us more time for us to prepare ourselves. Make sure the cannons are ready, lieutenant."

On the Virgil, at the mouth of the harbor

"Captain, the enemy fleet has stopped. Shall we continue our plans?"
"Of course. If they stopped, it means that they are waiting for reinforcements." Lex paused for a moment.
"Looks like they don't think us to be much of a force if they are giving us time to prepare."

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Sapphire: *sees movement on one of the enemy ships* ! What is that?

*the ship begins moving its ammo and preparing its weapons*

Sapphire: (I gotta warn them) Um, captain, I think those ships are going to attack soon. You gonna do anything?

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

"Huh?" The captain pulled out his spyglass and looked through it.
"You have good eyesight, kid. But you're wrong. They've been ready, like us."
Captain James Blues waved his index finger around.
"They're moving something around, so it's likely they broke something. I'm not going to worry about something like that."
The captain was then interrupted by his officers.
"Sir, the Virgil is retreating."
The captain smiled. "It's no wonder. They have no guns after all. It will make us look all the better when we win single handly."
The two men that had reported looked at each other in a doubtful way.

---

On the Virgil

"Ok, men. Bring her in."
The sailors began to drop the ships' anchor in the middle of the bay.
"Bring your weapons. We will need all we've got to defend this place," said Lex.
"Lower the boats."

---
As the sixty crewmembers rowed towards Port Corail, Lex noticed Erika on one of the docks speaking to a sailor.
Should I bring her along or ask her to hide? thought Lex.

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Sapphire: (such ignorance, I guess it is the virtue of a captain) I hope you know what you're doing. Just don't let you're pride overtake you.

*Sapphire walks out to the port get a better view of the ships*

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:33 pm

(Hold on, how do you walk out to the port from the ship? O_o )

ルーテ
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
300/300  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:13 pm

(I'm just walking to the side of the boat to view the ships, it's not the port as in where the ships go. Hope that clarifies things.)

Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Character sheet
HP:
310/310  (310/310)
MP:
250/250  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: Eira: A country divided   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:08 pm

On the Faldon

"Captain, it seems the reinforcements that the enemy has been waiting for has arrived," called the lookout, calling down from his high position on the mast.
"Looks like two corvettes of the same class," he added. "Maybe twenty guns on each."
"One of them is equal to one of us," said an officer to the captain, estimating their power. "It's a formidable force."
"What say we... Go and intercept them," said the captain, looking through his black spyglass. "Savvy?"
"What did you just say, sir?"

ルーテ
Back to top Go down

Eira: A country divided
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next