Beginner Charmer

Charmer Power : 1086

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:57 pm

"They exceeded their limits.
Now the limits have come back, to supersede them."

Synopsis
After the end of the dimensional conflicts, Sakaki Yuya and his friends must face up with a terrifying new threat. As his friends across the dimensions start disappearing without a trace; two mysterious duelists appear and wrecking havoc throughout the world. Will Yuya be able to save the world? Or will he perish? Who are these two mysterious duelists? Why are they forcing people into gruesome Shadow Duels? Find out!

Setting
Set in the canon Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V universe.

Structure

Basically, duel + story prologue & maybe added story & duels if possible. Made up cards can be used.

Character Data

Name : Naito
Nationality: none
Height: 190cm
Weight: 80Kg
Hair color: Black
Dislikes: Sakaki Yuya, "chosen" people in general
Personality: Has a fierce dislike for people who are considered "special"
Strengths: Anti-asspull powers
Weaknesses: Is easily manipulated

Decklist

Plot-wise I think it would be cool if he uses a meta archetype at the beginning, gets cornered by Yuya (who asspulls a lot), abandons the archetype and starts using anti-asspull cards (involving Charmers and/or Disciple of the Forbidden Spell).

Half of the deck is [insert archetype here]

Other half is this (incomplete):

Monsters:
Elemental Charmers x6
Familiar Possessed x5
Superinsulator "XYZ" x1

Spell Cards:
Charmed World x1
Wonder Wand x1
Nightmare Shuffle x1
Soul Reloader x1
Recycle x1
Soul Charge x1
Polymerization x1

Traps:
Overoscillation x1
Unfair Advantage x1
C-Blast!!! x1

Last edited by moronic_knight on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:08 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 4882
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Interesting start. I wasn't expecting you to resurrect cards from a thread you posted in a couple years ago, but hey, more power to you if you can utilize them well. I have an OC I can use for this:

Name : Sebastian Lesieg
Nationality: unknown
Height: 173cm
Weight: 69Kg
Hair color: Black
Likes: Causing mischief behind the scenes, talking down to others he doesn't like
Dislikes: People who piss him off, asspulls
Personality: On the surface, he thinks he's hot shit, and he sometimes insults people for no apparent reason. He has a hidden motive, however, and only reveals his plans to "certain people", many of whom have taken his secret to the grave.
Strengths: Anti-asspull powers
Weaknesses: Isn't a very likeable person

Also, I wasn't expecting to necessarily use the Charmers. Considering the cards I made in the other thread, I was honestly thinking to use more of a cookie cutter deck with no archetype and just full of anti-meta shenanigans. But I can use the Charmers if need be, and if that's the case then I may pull a few cards from HCCG, since the rules allow it. I'll come up with a decklist later, though, since I'm feeling kinda sick today and don't feel like thinking too much.

(of course, I should probably read up a bit on Arc-V before posting in the actual RP Razz)

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:53 am

Hippocampus wrote:
I wasn't expecting to necessarily use the Charmers. Considering the cards I made in the other thread, I was honestly thinking to use more of a cookie cutter deck with no archetype and just full of anti-meta shenanigans. But I can use the Charmers if need be, and if that's the case then I may pull a few cards from HCCG, since the rules allow it. I'll come up with a decklist later, though, since I'm feeling kinda sick today and don't feel like thinking too much.

(of course, I should probably read up a bit on Arc-V before posting in the actual RP Razz)

Sure, I'll use the Charmers then. Take a look at the new made up cards I posted in the Custom Card section. Are you feeling okay now?

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 am

moronic_knight wrote:
Sure, I'll use the Charmers then. Take a look at the new made up cards I posted in the Custom Card section. Are you feeling okay now?
I am, thanks! I just had some bad allergies yesterday.

Here's what I have of my character's decklist so far. It will be edited more as things come to mind. There are a few cards from HCCG if that's okay, along with the ones I made in the new thread in the Custom Card section.

Monsters:
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Doomcaliber Knight
1x Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
3x Marshmallon
1x Maxx "C"
1x Droll & Lock Bird
1x Neko Mane King
1x D. D. Crow
1x Mecha-Dog Marron
1x Mogley the Mole
1x Jellome
3x Asclepius's Serpent
1x Twinkles the Love Pinkle
1x Soldier Descending from the Stars
1x Pendulum Possession
1x Bounceman the Bouncing Troll

Spells:
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Double Summon
1x Book of Moon
1x Soul Absorption
1x Soul Release
1x Gold Sarcophagus
2x Don't Get Greedy!

Traps:
3x Magic Cylinder
3x Lightforce Sword
1x Memory of an Adversary
1x Counter Counter
1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
2x Nefarious Toll Road of Nefariousness
1x Unfair Advantage
1x Overoscillation
1x C-Blast!!!

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Looks good, what's the "boss" monster? Rai-Oh?

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:16 am

"Boss monster"? What is this "boss monster" term you speak of? I ain't conforming to no anime stereotypes here Wink

Technically my strongest monster in terms of ATK would be Soldier Descending from the Stars. But my most likely win condition would be the burn damage the opponent takes from Nefarious Toll Road (either that or if he's stupid and runs into my Marshmallons or something lol). Because we all know that the most noblest of ways to lose in YGO is to lose to a burn deck.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 am

Made one more:

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 am

Neat new card. I can think of a few existing archetypes that could use that pretty well, especially since the effect I assume would activate at the Start Step, so regardless whether the attack is successful or not.

As for your new updated deck list, I like what you have so far, but may I suggest bumping Nightmare Shuffle up to 3 since that seems to be a core part of your strategy here. Also One-Shot Wand is better than Wonder Wand for Charmer decks (unless of course your first archetype would be something able to benefit from Wonder Wand, like Gravekeeper's or Prophecy).

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:30 am

Hippocampus wrote:
I can think of a few existing archetypes that could use that pretty well, especially since the effect I assume would activate at the Start Step, so regardless whether the attack is successful or not.

Hmmmmmmm, which ones?

Hippocampus wrote:
As for your new updated deck list, I like what you have so far, but may I suggest bumping Nightmare Shuffle up to 3 since that seems to be a core part of your strategy here. Also One-Shot Wand is better than Wonder Wand for Charmer decks (unless of course your first archetype would be something able to benefit from Wonder Wand, like Gravekeeper's or Prophecy).

I actually haven't decided the archetype yet Laughing

re: Nightmare Shuffle, suggestion taken. I didn't even know One-Shot Wand existed, honestly.

Hippocampus wrote:
I ain't conforming to no anime stereotypes here Wink

I am, though lol!

Here's the appears-in-only-1-episode boss card:

PS: get the pun?   Laughing  

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:08 am

moronic_knight wrote:
Hmmmmmmm, which ones?
Well anything that plays Lv3 or lowers that benefit from searching from the deck. Gustos is the big one I can think of, since with Sphreez out you can smash Gulldo or Egul into an opponent's monster without worrying about taking damage, get their own effects, and then stack them back into the deck with this card's effect. But also... Frogs, Cloudians, Djinns, maybe even Burning Abyss?

moronic_knight wrote:
I actually haven't decided the archetype yet Laughing
Lol I was gonna ask about that actually. I've been trying to think of some that could mix with your deck, and I can't really think of anything.

moronic_knight wrote:
I didn't even know One-Shot Wand existed, honestly.
Yeah I love that card, I use it in my Endymion Charmers (see here). It's one of those many lost commons that everyone forgets about haha

moronic_knight wrote:

PS: get the pun? Laughing
OH YOU

But still, a 3500/4500 beatstick immune to card effects? Can't wait to see what Yuya does with that crazy jump

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:53 am

Gusto, Frogs, ok. Burning Abyss I don't know a lot about, so you gotta help me there. Cloudians I don't see how, because the only LV3 and lower Cloudians are Smoke Ball, Sheep Cloud, Poison Cloud and Ghost Fog. Poison Cloud isn't very useful by itself. Sheep Cloud is too slow. Ghost Fog distributes Fog Counters when it gets smashed but I don't see how returning it to the deck would be useful instead of just using stuff like Torrential Reborn and Salvage. Smoke Ball is a good target but requires too much setup and optimally has to be used on a non-Cloudian LV3 or lower monster like the Fishborg stuff.

I think the Xyz Fishes and Sea Serpents would be a better WATER targets.

I'm thinking a lot about archetypes and stuff, but nothing is fitting very well at the moment. Got any ideas?

Hippocampus wrote:
OH YOU

But still, a 3500/4500 beatstick immune to card effects? Can't wait to see what Yuya does with that crazy jump

Yeah, but the immunity effect requires you to use all the Charmers (or 1 Charmer with 5 different element Spellcasters, or 2 Charmers with 4 different Spellcasters, etc). As far as I know, there's nothing like Dragon's Mirror or Miracle Fusion for Spellcasters. There's the Fusion-focused Shaddoll archetype, but they are all DARK iirc. I don't intend to make any fusion-related cards either, standard Polymerization is enough.

That's a fair cost, don't you think?

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 am

moronic_knight wrote:
Gusto, Frogs, ok. Burning Abyss I don't know a lot about, so you gotta help me there. Cloudians I don't see how, because the only LV3 and lower Cloudians are Smoke Ball, Sheep Cloud, Poison Cloud and Ghost Fog. Poison Cloud isn't very useful by itself. Sheep Cloud is too slow. Ghost Fog distributes Fog Counters when it gets smashed but I don't see how returning it to the deck would be useful instead of just using stuff like Torrential Reborn and Salvage. Smoke Ball is a good target but requires too much setup and optimally has to be used on a non-Cloudian LV3 or lower monster like the Fishborg stuff.

I think the Xyz Fishes and Sea Serpents would be a better WATER targets.
Well to be fair I've never run Cloudians, but my point was that the card is versatile enough to be used in more than just its intended deck. It's not a bad thing, just something I noticed. As for Burning Abyss, just know that most if not all of them are Lv3 (many are Tour Guide targets in fact) and they search from the deck a lot. So I guess Soul Reloader could recycle their used Xyz material, for starters.

moronic_knight wrote:
I'm thinking a lot about archetypes and stuff, but nothing is fitting very well at the moment. Got any ideas?
Hippocampus, in the last reply, wrote:
I've been trying to think of some that could mix with your deck, and I can't really think of anything.
Snarkiness aside, you did make it a bit easier by restricting yourself to Charmers (although I do think the Disciple of the Forbidden Spell cards would be cool to use in a different duel). Since you're running Spellcasters, you could try another Spellcaster archetype like Gravekeeper's or Prophecy. Or if you want to focus on the FPs a bit more, you could try HAT (Hands-Artifacts-Traptrix), which was what our admin used as a base for his Charmer build and to date it's one of the strongest Charmer decks. You could even try some shenanigans with Mega Monarchs, but that deck might be too OP by itself for this lol. I really would like to help you more but I'm sorta detached from the metagame as of late and don't know all of the newer archetypes very well.

moronic_knight wrote:
Yeah, but the immunity effect requires you to use all the Charmers (or 1 Charmer with 5 different element Spellcasters, or 2 Charmers with 4 different Spellcasters, etc). As far as I know, there's nothing like Dragon's Mirror or Miracle Fusion for Spellcasters. There's the Fusion-focused Shaddoll archetype, but they are all DARK iirc. I don't intend to make any fusion-related cards either, standard Polymerization is enough.

That's a fair cost, don't you think?
Oh yeah I never said the card wasn't balanced. It's just, considering this is for an RP, I know it's going to be played sometime, and that's the moment I'll be looking forward to lol!

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
As for Burning Abyss, just know that most if not all of them are Lv3 (many are Tour Guide targets in fact) and they search from the deck a lot.

Sounds interesting, I'll look into it and tell you what I think.

Hippocampus wrote:
I really would like to help you more but I'm sorta detached from the metagame as of late and don't know all of the newer archetypes very well.

I'm in the same situation too, sorta. Appreciate your help, though. I won't go with Gravekeepers and Prophecy, cause they don't go well thematically with the Charmers. (also I have a slight dislike for Prophecy tongue) HAT is good, but I think it will create too much archetype clutter which I don't want.

I'm thinking of going something OP and completely unrelated to the Charmers like Blue-Eyes or Blackwings or a Chaos mishmash. Maybe I should change the "use a meta archetype" in the description to "popular archetype", because this meta is... ugh. I'm not too worried about this, though. Because there's an even harder task at hand. More on that later.

Hippocampus wrote:
I do think the Disciple of the Forbidden Spell cards would be cool to use in a different duel

Oh, I will definitely use them. Probably in the rematch with Yuya where I'm beaten. Speaking of which, the hardest thing to determine for this RP will Yuya's deck!!!

The guy literally uses so many cards throughout the series. Performapal is like 80 cards itself. I'm in a bind. Suspect

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:18 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Sounds interesting, I'll look into it and tell you what I think.
Yeah I have a friend who plays Burning Abyss irl. He says they got killed by this past banlist though, so check out how they were at the beginning of the year to see how good they truly were.

moronic_knight wrote:
I'm thinking of going something OP and completely unrelated to the Charmers like Blue-Eyes or Blackwings
...Or maybe Blue-Eyes AND Blackwings? XD

moronic_knight wrote:
Oh, I will definitely use them. Probably in the rematch with Yuya where I'm beaten.
Wait what? Did I read that right? You're planning to let that scamp actually get a victory on you? Don't tell me... he's gonna teach you how to smile???? affraid

moronic_knight wrote:
Speaking of which, the hardest thing to determine for this RP will Yuya's deck!!!

The guy literally uses so many cards throughout the series. Performapal is like 80 cards itself. I'm in a bind. Suspect
I mean technically Yugi's anime deck showed more than 40 cards too at one point. Just make him play with 40 cards that'll be the most exciting for the RP (or you could give him the 40 lolsiest cards he has so he'll lose quicker lol).

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Wait what? Did I read that right? You're planning to let that scamp actually get a victory on you? Don't tell me... he's gonna teach you how to smile???? affraid

Maybe Embarassed

The problem with not doing so is that since I beat all his friends beforehand and made them disappear, it will probably lead to a "Bad Guy Wins" ending if he doesn't beat me and bring his friends back.

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Maybe Embarassed

The problem with not doing so is that since I beat all his friends beforehand and made them disappear, it will probably lead to a "Bad Guy Wins" ending if he doesn't beat me and bring his friends back.
So? What's wrong with that? XDXD I thought you wanted to see him get slam-jammed. It's not like this is canon or anything...

Speaking of his friends, are you willing to perchance showcase some other duels in this RP with us vs. other characters in Arc-V? Or is no one else as satisfying as Yuya to beat?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I thought you wanted to see him get slam-jammed.

You know what? You're right. I'd rather lose to this guy:

And yeah, maybe we should duel some others too.

Keeping that aside,

I've found out which archetype to use MWAHAHAHAHA

moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Today at 1:38 am

Double-posting to inform that I'm going to start the RP. Feel free to delete this.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]   Today at 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V : The Consequences of Power [Duel RP]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1