Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
In my case, I've never seen it. When it comes to movies, I usually watched superheroes movies. But from that name, is that a horror movie?
I wouldn't call it a horror movie... it's more of a thriller movie (though not all of it was exactly thrilling lol). But it also had a bit of sci-fi undertones as well.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I mean, perhaps she already had a manga and it's uploaded in Line Webtoon. Her drawing is good too. But like I said, she is more a writer than mangaka. Well... who knows what she's been doing that she rarely come to forum. Probably writing or making manga panel, or both at same time, other than doing her usual job.
Ah so you don't know for sure.
Well, they say that the more you talk about Runo, the more she won't log in... (maybe. I just made that up XD)

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

Yeah, just feel like sharing it.
Interesting selection. It reminds me a bit of one of the BGMs in the default RMXP run-time package.
Millenium Actress was a decent movie, but it was actually my least favorite of the 4 Satoshi Kon movies I've seen.

The other funny thing is that I was just listening to some Hirasawa the other day.

The sound quality's a bit poor because it is a live recording. But I like this song; it's nice and trippy Very Happy

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Charmer Power : 5606
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:30 am

@Hippo : Nice find! There are some point where it remind me of some Megaman Complete Works OST (sometimes Megaman X6 OST), but as overall, it has similar feel with the other Mandrake you posted. And that Hirasawa voice... considering this was from more than a decade ago, it's amazing his voice hasn't changed much (or maybe hasn't changed at all). But that title... wow. I wonder what were Hirasawa thinking when he named that song?

Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 4882
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 pm

I guess Hirasawa's works really did have quite an influence on video game music (evident if for no other reason than his work in P-Model). I don't know too many Megaman songs, but it's cool that you heard those parallels.

As for the title, it's poking fun at the title of the Yes album Tales from Topographic Oceans. Perhaps Hirasawa was a fan of Yes as well.

Hmm, I'm curious to hear what you think of the following songs:
Bi Kyo Ran - Double (the player should start streaming when you open the new window)
Outer Limits - Subete Ha Kaze No Youni

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Well, it's just the impression I got, anyway. Could be different with any other person who listened to it.

So that's where the name come from... probably Hirasawa had something in mind about how he named it, and it's something I don't know. But obviously he knew about this album.

About the song you posted... the way the first song played reminded me of Hirasawa's song. Though, I can't really listened to it fully since after several minutes, it always timed out. I thought it's a Western music but when I listened to it, it's a Japanese, or... Western music with Japanese lyric(?) it has western feel in that song. As for the second one, The video is unavailable. I can't listen to that.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:18 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well, it's just the impression I got, anyway. Could be different with any other person who listened to it.
Hey whatever you personally get out of any song is what matters. People can really only compare new music to music they've already heard.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
About the song you posted... the way the first song played reminded me of Hirasawa's song. Though, I can't really listened to it fully since after several minutes, it always timed out. I thought it's a Western music but when I listened to it, it's a Japanese, or... Western music with Japanese lyric(?) it has western feel in that song.
That's funny that you say it's Western-sounding, because to me it sounds Eastern in many parts, especially during the solo violin section. Bi Kyo Ran was in fact a Japanese band, but they did draw a lot of inspiration from British prog bands like King Crimson.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
As for the second one, The video is unavailable. I can't listen to that.
Really? Dammit, that's unfortunate. So it seems the auto-generated videos found over here aren't viewable in your country; I'll have to remember that for posting videos in the future.
Well, I guess I'll post the full album link for this one then. The song I wanted you to hear begins at 28:55, so skip ahead to that time (I mean unless you WANT to hear the whole album). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mYJFDcPx8

In other news, today I voted for my country's president for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, it looks like my vote did not make a difference.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:38 am

Hippocampus wrote:
That's funny that you say it's Western-sounding, because to me it sounds Eastern in many parts, especially during the solo violin section. Bi Kyo Ran was in fact a Japanese band, but they did draw a lot of inspiration from British prog bands like King Crimson.

My bad...

Well, it's just my impression on that music, though. Somehow I feel it's like a Western music, even though at the beginning, indeed it feels like Hirasawa.

Hippocampus wrote:
Really? Dammit, that's unfortunate. So it seems the auto-generated videos found over here aren't viewable in your country; I'll have to remember that for posting videos in the future.
Well, I guess I'll post the full album link for this one then. The song I wanted you to hear begins at 28:55, so skip ahead to that time (I mean unless you WANT to hear the whole album). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mYJFDcPx8

....I'll watch tonight with a night quota. If it loads too much, it will take a lot of quota.

Hippocampus wrote:
In other news, today I voted for my country's president for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, it looks like my vote did not make a difference.

At least you did what you should do. Reason why the other guy wins, probably because there are many people who don't want him to become President, yet they didn't vote (considering person you vote, also doesn't really have a good reputation, IIRC). If that's the case then it just added the percentage of that person to win. That, added with other factor. Talking about it here could be too sensitive, so in case you want to continue to talk about this, please be careful not to use sensitive language (this warning applied on me too anyway. I hope I can do it)

Well... at least it's over. For the next 4 years, we'll see how he work.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:21 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
My bad...

Well, it's just my impression on that music, though. Somehow I feel it's like a Western music, even though at the beginning, indeed it feels like Hirasawa.
No need to apologize! I think that actually proves the point I made earlier about music sounding different for different people. You and I compare the same song to different musics because we've each heard different kinds of music from each other.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
At least you did what you should do. Reason why the other guy wins, probably because there are many people who don't want him to become President, yet they didn't vote (considering person you vote, also doesn't really have a good reputation, IIRC). If that's the case then it just added the percentage of that person to win. That, added with other factor. Talking about it here could be too sensitive, so in case you want to continue to talk about this, please be careful not to use sensitive language (this warning applied on me too anyway. I hope I can do it)
Yeah politics is always a touchy subject, and I'm not trying to make enemies with anyone here (although since now I'm the only active user from US I doubt anyone else on here cares much about this lol). I was mainly stating that because it is a landmark for me.
Fun fact: they said that during this election, there were more votes for one candidate for dislike of the opposing candidate than ever before in US history.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well... at least it's over. For the next 4 years, we'll see how he work.
We will see indeed. Some people here are already making predictions, but only time will tell. Personally I'm dreading certain things but I am very curious at the same time.

But yes I am glad(?) now that political TV commercials will finally be replaced with Christmas TV commercials

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:16 pm

I heard an interesting quote today from a friend.

"When a person is weak, they spread disease."

I'm not 100% sure what he meant by this, but it struck me as intriguing nonetheless.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I heard an interesting quote today from a friend.

"When a person is weak, they spread disease."

I'm not 100% sure what he meant by this, but it struck me as intriguing nonetheless.

In my opinion, this is probably has something to do with what people usually do when they weak, or maybe mentally weak sometimes. When you're talking with mentally weak people about why they're being so weak, depending on if you're strong enough not to get affected, what they say might become a 'disease' which affected your spirit, or break you. At times, even people like these might drag you down to their level. Kinda like... crab mentality. Not many people has a heart big enough to see people 'stronger' than him.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:10 am

Oh okay, so it's like how they say that feelings are contagious, only it has to do with mental weakness? Yeah I don't think it refers to physical disease either. Thanks for interpreting it for me.
Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Not many people has a heart big enough to see people 'stronger' than him.
To be honest this is just as profound as the original quote.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:19 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Oh okay, so it's like how they say that feelings are contagious, only it has to do with mental weakness? Yeah I don't think it refers to physical disease either. Thanks for interpreting it for me.

No prob. It's what I can think of about that quote.

Hippocampus wrote:
To be honest this is just as profound as the original quote.

Then I shall make another.

The Wise Sage Kirikaze-Sama wrote:
when you're physically weak, don't pick a fight with big and muscular guy

Thou hath been warned.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:14 am

Lol that was brutal. That big guy's face creeped me out a little XD

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
quote="The Wise Sage Kirikaze-Sama"
Bro you are a sage. Glad I'm not the only person who thought that Laughing

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader

Charmer Power : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:25 am

Been listening to this one for the whole week... I think.

Need something with the same vibe. Suggestion?

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:52 am

Runo wrote:
Been listening to this one for the whole week... I think.

Hoho... it seems your imagination has been running wild. I dunno what you had in mind, but if it's about writing, I'll be willing to read.

....I believe I've liked a video that could have the same vibe. It seems that video has been taken down. =3=

I guess I'll use something else. Hope this could help,

And this.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:09 am

Runo wrote:
My suggestion is to log in more often so we can chat XD

Jokes aside, here's stuff you might like:

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:55 pm

I apologize for the negativity of this post in advance, but I really do feel the need to talk to someone about this.

Have you ever made plans with someone to meet with you on a regular basis, only to have that person consistently not follow through with you after a while without any notice beforehand?

As some on here may know, I'm a tutor. One of the students I'm currently tutoring is a girl who I met through some mutual friends and who requested tutoring on her own resolve (as opposed to her parents signing her up for it), but because her schedule is volatile, she had to contact me to let me know what day and time worked best for her. We did meet up a few times, and things went fine at first. However, a couple weeks ago, she forgot to message me by our appointed date, and when I reached out to her, she said the date we had originally planned would no longer work, so we chose another day. But by the time that day arrived, she again had not contacted me, and to this day she has still not done so. I mean, I'm okay with it if she wanted to stop the tutoring, but at least TELL me first instead of blowing me off?

And the sad thing is, this is not the first time this happened to me (not exactly the same situation, but a case of someone setting a potentially consistent schedule and then multiple times neither showing up nor confirming me beforehand that they are going to cancel). Why do people refuse to follow through in situations like this? Is it so intimidating to send a message to someone saying that you can't meet with them? Especially if you've already met with them in the past and know how to talk to them in a case like this? So that this way that person doesn't set aside the date for this meeting and then have to tell other people that they're busy at this date, only to have wasted their day waiting for you who will never show?

It's not fair, and it's lazy. And I really wish people wouldn't do this.

My rant is over now. Thanks in advance to anyone who can make me feel better about this in any way.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1458
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 am

When the food is just that good

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:57 am

ally of justice catastor wrote:
When the food is just that good
Proof that you can make a song about anything nowadays lol

But yeah, it's confirmed now. Before I die, I want to visit Indonesia.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:45 pm

@Hippo : Regarding your long post, I'll put my response in spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

@Catastor : I dunno how you found that video considering that guy has 0 subscriber (maybe he's your friend?). But yeah... it's a well made video. And suddenly I want to eat nasi padang now. Great...

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
@Hippo : Regarding your long post, I'll put my response in spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
@Catastor : I dunno how you found that video considering that guy has 0 subscriber (maybe he's your friend?). But yeah... it's a well made video. And suddenly I want to eat nasi padang now. Great...
You DO know that video has been uploaded on more than one account... and there's another upload in which the user has 9,618 subscribers? Wink

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Spoiler:

Okay then.

Hippocampus wrote:
You DO know that video has been uploaded on more than one account... and there's another upload in which the user has 9,618 subscribers? Wink

Aw? And Catty used a video with less view count and user with 0 subscriber? So that account stole that video... I knew it's too good to be true. That video is too well made for the account to have 0 subscriber.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Okay then.
Smile

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Aw? And Catty used a video with less view count and user with 0 subscriber? So that account stole that video... I knew it's too good to be true. That video is too well made for the account to have 0 subscriber.
Personally I don't see the point in judging a video based on view count and subscribers. Just because something is unpopular doesn't mean it's bad, and vice versa. If he's just searching for something in particular on Youtube then there's nothing wrong with watching any video even if it has less than 10 views when he finds it. Or maybe he likes the video but doesn't want to support the channel (especially since did you know that views can be paid for? affraid). Youtube isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, even though there are some videos on it that may tell you otherwise Wink

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Personally I don't see the point in judging a video based on view count and subscribers. Just because something is unpopular doesn't mean it's bad, and vice versa. If he's just searching for something in particular on Youtube then there's nothing wrong with watching any video even if it has less than 10 views when he finds it. Or maybe he likes the video but doesn't want to support the channel (especially since did you know that views can be paid for? affraid). Youtube isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, even though there are some videos on it that may tell you otherwise Wink

...Okay then. At least there's nothing wrong with the video. Though, after I checked it, there's this video in other channel with 600k views and uploaded one day earlier. But considering what you just said about views can be paid...

Well, Since I have no place to post pictures, I guess I'll leave this here.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well, Since I have no place to post pictures, I guess I'll leave this here.
I think the pic is cool, but I think you've gotten too used to drawing females' bodies. Imo the body of the man on the bottom looks almost like a woman's with the curves and chest you gave him. The shading on the other two men is good, but if you were going for the whole poster look, I'd think they need to be transparent? I also really like the moon in the background; even if it's not very detailed, it's still a nice touch.

Here's a pic I found that applies to my life in general:

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I think the pic is cool, but I think you've gotten too used to drawing females' bodies. Imo the body of the man on the bottom looks almost like a woman's with the curves and chest you gave him. The shading on the other two men is good, but if you were going for the whole poster look, I'd think they need to be transparent? I also really like the moon in the background; even if it's not very detailed, it's still a nice touch.

I guess that's what happen when you spend too much time to draw females...

As for the shading, having transparent shade IMO will makes the picture not much different than what I draw, and it's like same old stuff. But with that shading, i feel it makes the picture better since there's more atmosphere on it.

Hippocampus wrote:
Here's a pic I found that applies to my life in general:

At least, there's one I know which is still in progress. Make sure you finished it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Today at 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next