Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
All this time, I never bothered to try. So... yep.
Well I guess you learn something new every day lol

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
As I thought... thanks for the information. I may not know what happened yet, but it seems the cause is somewhat similar to mine. Again, we should wait for Kaze.
Similar to yours? But I thought the chatbox is only viewable once you log in. Now I'm even more confused scratch

Been listening to some ELO today, so here's a couple tracks.

And yes, before you ask, the two songs are by the same band, just twelve years apart.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Charmer Power : 5606
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:24 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Similar to yours? But I thought the chatbox is only viewable once you log in. Now I'm even more confused scratch

It seems the redirect caused by the ad which appeared before you logged in, and for some reason (I don't know how to explain it, so I'll use this weird term) the browser had a command that you clicked the ad (or any other accessible URL), which actually sent you to whatever is behind the ad, which can be harmful. It happened to me too, though. I visited some certain anime website, and suddenly the browser showed the website's banner image shortly after I opened it. Yeah, I had no explanation about what has happened since my antivirus caught nothing. Probably from the browser(?) /shrug

Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 4882
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:48 am

That makes quite a lot of sense. It's really terrible if that is the case (I miss the days when this forum didn't have ads cries), but that is a good explanation for it.

If it is a browser issue, I'll test coming here in Firefox and see if it still happens (although my Firefox for some reason doesn't have pop-up blocker Neutral). Funny thing is it didn't actually happen to me this morning, but considering it was so consistent up until now I'm still not convinced.

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Charmer Power : 1086

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 am

Also, what did you people think of the new Pokemon demos?

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 am

Mate you like Genesis too? That's awesome. My favorite album of theirs is A Trick of the Tail.

moronic_knight wrote:
Also, what did you people think of the new Pokemon demos?
Well I can't actually play them because I don't have a 3DS. But I looked on Bulbapedia to see info about it, and it looks pretty solid for a demo. I don't really understand why the player is given Lv. 40 Pokémon as soon as the game begins though, but I guess that won't be in the final version.?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey everybody, I thought of something fun for this thread!

This meme has been around on DeviantArt for a few years now, but it's never been brought here before, so I figure some of us can try it and see what we come up with.

Basically, you take this blank outline here: http://pre00.deviantart.net/a742/th/pre/i/2010/204/4/0/ygo_tcg_ocg_meme_by_chickenmask.png
and then you replace each blank square with a picture of your favorite YGO card that matches the category above the pic. The last box says to tag people, but I figure there's so few people left here nowadays that I figure whoever wants to do this can do it.

To give an example, I did this for myself. Some of these you may have guessed, but others may be a bit of a surprise.

What are your favorite cards?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:17 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Hey everybody, I thought of something fun for this thread!

This meme has been around on DeviantArt for a few years now, but it's never been brought here before, so I figure some of us can try it and see what we come up with.

Basically, you take this blank outline here: http://pre00.deviantart.net/a742/th/pre/i/2010/204/4/0/ygo_tcg_ocg_meme_by_chickenmask.png
and then you replace each blank square with a picture of your favorite YGO card that matches the category above the pic. The last box says to tag people, but I figure there's so few people left here nowadays that I figure whoever wants to do this can do it.

To give an example, I did this for myself. Some of these you may have guessed, but others may be a bit of a surprise.

What are your favorite cards?

Nice taste. The Giant Red Seasnake was a good touch. Also, Blast Sphere Laughing. Lavalval Chain was so good, sucks that it got banned. This was really hard, since I have so many favorites.

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:35 am

moronic_knight wrote:
Nice taste. The Giant Red Seasnake was a good touch. Also, Blast Sphere Laughing. Lavalval Chain was so good, sucks that it got banned. This was really hard, since I have so many favorites.
Thanks! A lot of my favorites have been such since I first started the game (back in the good old days of Eternal Duelist Soul XD). And yeah, like you I have many more favorites than these in multiple categories but we can only choose 1 for this.

moronic_knight wrote:
Oooh, you have some interesting choices. Sad to see no Charmer, but you have Gigobyte and Caam in there so it's all good lol. I completely forgot about Cyber-Tech Alligator; I like that one a lot too, but imo it still doesn't beat Blast Sphere Laughing And hey, I guess we both agree on best Beast!

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Me and Hippo were talking about country music, so here's some music I wanted him to see.

Found this while browsing through some other tracks. I don't what's with this song, but it really gets me. Makes me want to get into country music.

Also, another random track. Eddie Vedder's voice reminds me of folk.

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:11 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Me and Hippo were talking about country music, so here's some music I wanted him to see.

Found this while browsing through some other tracks. I don't what's with this song, but it really gets me. Makes me want to get into country music.
Well, you may want to get into country music, and that's fine. But I personally don't like country music. I live in the southeastern US, so pretty much everyone I meet around here listens to country (people my age and my parents' age alike), and frankly I got tired of it long ago. The closest music you'll willingly see me listen to is 70s roots rock that is influenced by country... stuff like this:

Great singer, yet for some reason I can never spell her name right... I always type "Rondstadt" by accident lol

moronic_knight wrote:
Also, another random track. Eddie Vedder's voice reminds me of folk.
Ehh, I can sooooorta see that... but honestly, it sounds more of a metal-type voice than a folk-type voice to my ears. I mean Folk Metal does exist, but Pearl Jam was more influenced by punk and alt rock than folk.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:02 pm

On the subject of folk music, tell me what you think about this:

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
On the subject of folk music, tell me what you think about this:

I don't know what's wrong but... when I opened the video, it says "This video is not available". Usually when it's not available in my country, it will say so. Can you open this normally?

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:07 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I don't know what's wrong but... when I opened the video, it says "This video is not available". Usually when it's not available in my country, it will say so. Can you open this normally?
Yeah, I always watch the Youtube videos I post on Youtube itself before posting them here. I think this video was auto-generated by Youtube (they typically do that for bands to share music), so I'm not sure why that would be non-viewable in your country. But if you can't stream it here, then try copying the URL and viewing it in a new window.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
It sounds more of a metal-type voice than a folk-type voice to my ears

Huh?

Hippocampus wrote:

Great singer, yet for some reason I can never spell her name right... I always type "Rondstadt" by accident lol

ahahaha you like Ronstadt too? It's funny how many artists we have in common lol! . I never really considered the country factor in her music until now. Just always thought of her music as more jazzpop, easy listening type.

Here's another random track:

Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Huh?

Yeah I'm still not convinced. If we're just going by the tone of his voice, regardless of the type of music he's singing over, it really sounds heavier than the typical folk singer. Then again I guess anybody who can sing and play guitar can sing a folk song in whatever style they choose lol

moronic_knight wrote:
ahahaha you like Ronstadt too? It's funny how many artists we have in common lol! . I never really considered the country factor in her music until now. Just always thought of her music as more jazzpop, easy listening type.
You know what they say... great minds think alike XD Yeah she definitely went through a jazz phase in the 80s, but her 70s stuff was pretty country influenced, as well as blues influenced.

The other thing to remember is that country music nowadays has greatly evolved from what it used to be, and you can definitely hear a difference between "old country" and "new country". Fer instance, somethin' so prevalent in "new country" is that twang in yer voice when ya sing it, which wasn' nearly as pronounced back in them days o' yonder. (I'm horrible, I know XD)

moronic_knight wrote:
Here's another random track:

Ehh, not a huge metalhead so I will say no to this one.
But for reference, at 0:06 there is (not) a trumpet, according to the comments below the video Laughing

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:03 pm

Lately I've started catching up on some old webcomics that I used to read. It's making me want to start at least one of my own some day. The only problems are:
  • I can't draw to save my life
  • Even if I could, I have no drawing equipment or knowledge of how to use drawing software
  • I have a few ideas for concepts and characters, but I'm not sure how I'd envision their stories to pan out at this point
  • There's another project I must complete first before I can even think about starting this
  • I'm inherently lazy
So yeah idk if I'll follow through with this, but in an ideal world 'twould be nice

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:18 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Lately I've started catching up on some old webcomics that I used to read. It's making me want to start at least one of my own some day. The only problems are:

• I can't draw to save my life
  • Even if I could, I have no drawing equipment or knowledge of how to use drawing software
  • I have a few ideas for concepts and characters, but I'm not sure how I'd envision their stories to pan out at this point
  • There's another project I must complete first before I can even think about starting this
  • I'm inherently lazy

So yeah idk if I'll follow through with this, but in an ideal world 'twould be nice

Well, there have been some cases where writer had a collaboration with artist when they want to make manga. One of my favorite when it comes from these collaboration manga is Traceless Knight. You can check the artwork and it's very amazing. The writer, though, seems to be a perfectionist, there have been some story reset in the book. But yeah. In case you have think of the story properly, write the script, make sure there's no plot hole or something, you can go and find some capable manga artist. There should be a lot of them even in your country. Take your time.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well, there have been some cases where writer had a collaboration with artist when they want to make manga. One of my favorite when it comes from these collaboration manga is Traceless Knight. You can check the artwork and it's very amazing. The writer, though, seems to be a perfectionist, there have been some story reset in the book. But yeah. In case you have think of the story properly, write the script, make sure there's no plot hole or something, you can go and find some capable manga artist. There should be a lot of them even in your country. Take your time.
Suggestion noted, the story is the most important thing to me anyway. Although this is assuming that, if I can find a decent artist, he/she would be willing to draw what I write about Razz

Also another problem I thought of is that I have no web space to host any pages if/once they get finished. But I guess that's not too important at this stage either.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by no web/space. But in case you need some media to make your manga accessible, there's always Line Webtoon.

Anyway, I just had a dream (yes. I woke up not long ago from early sleep), Wynn subforum returned to its previous state with some of the disappeared threads coming back, but Kaze's name isn't in the registered user list and there's no name with red color (admin). Weird huh?

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:10 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by no web/space. But in case you need some media to make your manga accessible, there's always Line Webtoon.
Hmm, never heard of Line Webtoon. I'll check it out. I was mainly referring to the fact that I have no place to host the pages online, either on a private server or like an account with DA or Smackjeeves or places like that.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Anyway, I just had a dream (yes. I woke up not long ago from early sleep), Wynn subforum returned to its previous state with some of the disappeared threads coming back, but Kaze's name isn't in the registered user list and there's no name with red color (admin). Weird huh?
Haha yeah I've had dreams where I was viewing alternate reality versions of the forum before. My dreams are weird in general though. But you were probably just thinking about the forum before you went to bed or something, or maybe you've been here so long that it's ingrained into your subconscious XD

Speaking of the forum, I tested my earlier problem with the redirects using Firefox, and it seems that I still get redirected. So if no one else has this problem, maybe it means you're all using Chrome lol

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:33 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Hmm, never heard of Line Webtoon. I'll check it out. I was mainly referring to the fact that I have no place to host the pages online, either on a private server or like an account with DA or Smackjeeves or places like that.

Smackjeeves... I have no knowledge about this website, but I've heard that name before. It seems that it's similar to Line Webtoon. DA... I don't believe it's fitting to post a manga. It's mainly to post an artwork. Besides, DA from what I heard has a lot of art thief, so you might have to be careful.

Hippocampus wrote:
Haha yeah I've had dreams where I was viewing alternate reality versions of the forum before. My dreams are weird in general though. But you were probably just thinking about the forum before you went to bed or something, or maybe you've been here so long that it's ingrained into your subconscious XD

Speaking of the forum, I tested my earlier problem with the redirects using Firefox, and it seems that I still get redirected. So if no one else has this problem, maybe it means you're all using Chrome lol

I don't quite remember, but all I know before I slept, I was in exploring the forum. Maybe that's the cause. But sudden change with no admin coming... well, it's just a dream.

About your redirect, I very rarely log in with Chrome, so IDK. What browser did you use before you use Firefox to log in, all this time?

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Smackjeeves... I have no knowledge about this website, but I've heard that name before. It seems that it's similar to Line Webtoon. DA... I don't believe it's fitting to post a manga. It's mainly to post an artwork. Besides, DA from what I heard has a lot of art thief, so you might have to be careful.
Ah yeah I remember you telling me about DA's art thievery. I won't use it then.
I checked out Line Webtoon today, and yeah it's interesting, but it looks better to host already-established comics rather than brand-new ones. Plus, the layout of the comic I'd create doesn't really seem to fit the style for that site. But who knows? Like I said I first have to get pages completed before I can worry about uploading them.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I don't quite remember, but all I know before I slept, I was in exploring the forum. Maybe that's the cause. But sudden change with no admin coming... well, it's just a dream.
I'm sure it doesn't mean anything (unless of course there was some other context which you failed to mention?). Dreams can be really curious things sometimes.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
About your redirect, I very rarely log in with Chrome, so IDK. What browser did you use before you use Firefox to log in, all this time?
Pretty sure I mentioned this already, but I typically use Internet Explorer. I have Firefox as a backup which I use for certain sites, but most of the time I surf with IE. What browser do you use to access the forum?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:05 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Pretty sure I mentioned this already, but I typically use Internet Explorer. I have Firefox as a backup which I use for certain sites, but most of the time I surf with IE. What browser do you use to access the forum?

Well... your backup is better than what you usually used for logging in. Like you, I also used Firefox. Has been a good friend for a very long time. No need to think why my favorite Charmer is not Hiita, by the way.

As for how you want to show your comic, I'm afraid I have no experience with either Line Webtoon or Smackjeeves, so you might want to ask your partner his/her opinion regarding this case. If only Runo is here, she might have a good suggestion. Well, she is more like a writer than a mangaka. But perhaps she knows something and actually had her manga in Line Webtoon. /shrug

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am

I watched a silly movie last night. It's called Nerve, and it came out this summer. Its target audience is teenagers, which is why it wasn't a very good movie overall, but the plotline had potential. Has anyone seen/heard of it?

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well... your backup is better than what you usually used for logging in. Like you, I also used Firefox. Has been a good friend for a very long time. No need to think why my favorite Charmer is not Hiita, by the way.
Yeah I know most everyone hates on IE, but I've been used to it ever since I was little, and it really doesn't have anything that bothers me about it. I only acquired Firefox when I took my laptop in to get it formatted back when I was in uni, and they gave it to me for free.

Side note, the redirect didn't happen today or yesterday, so I'm hoping that whatever advert that was doing this has changed for something else. But I'm not gonna hold my breath just yet.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
As for how you want to show your comic, I'm afraid I have no experience with either Line Webtoon or Smackjeeves, so you might want to ask your partner his/her opinion regarding this case.
Okay, so I guess first step is to actually get a partner first lol

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
If only Runo is here, she might have a good suggestion. Well, she is more like a writer than a mangaka. But perhaps she knows something and actually had her manga in Line Webtoon. /shrug
Wait... Runo has a manga? Shocked When did this happen?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I watched a silly movie last night. It's called Nerve, and it came out this summer. Its target audience is teenagers, which is why it wasn't a very good movie overall, but the plotline had potential. Has anyone seen/heard of it?

In my case, I've never seen it. When it comes to movies, I usually watched superheroes movies. But from that name, is that a horror movie?

Hippocampus wrote:
Yeah I know most everyone hates on IE, but I've been used to it ever since I was little, and it really doesn't have anything that bothers me about it. I only acquired Firefox when I took my laptop in to get it formatted back when I was in uni, and they gave it to me for free.

No worries, I can understand.

Hippocampus wrote:
Side note, the redirect didn't happen today or yesterday, so I'm hoping that whatever advert that was doing this has changed for something else. But I'm not gonna hold my breath just yet.

It happens randomly so yeah. Better don't hold your breath just yet.

Hippocampus wrote:
Wait... Runo has a manga? Shocked When did this happen?

I mean, perhaps she already had a manga and it's uploaded in Line Webtoon. Her drawing is good too. But like I said, she is more a writer than mangaka. Well... who knows what she's been doing that she rarely come to forum. Probably writing or making manga panel, or both at same time, other than doing her usual job.

Anyway...

Yeah, just feel like sharing it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Today at 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next