Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Interesting find. It obviously IS in early stage because there is currently only one option for a coloring style, and unless you want your drawings to look like a watercolor painting, there's no real advantage to using this atm. Tried it out on some of my old scanned drawings, but maybe I'm just using it wrong...

Comparison of MS Paint to this tool:

Comparison of colored pencil to this tool:

Either way, I could see this becoming a very powerful tool if the creator works on it a bit more. The linked website puts this a bit more eloquently:
Manga.Tokyo wrote:
...it is an undeniable step forward to an automation in the creative process that seems to be inevitable.
Although tbh this comment sorta rubs me the wrong way, because true creativity doesn't (rather, SHOULDN'T) come from automation, and the fact that the author says that this is inevitable is slightly worrisome to me.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Charmer Power : 5696
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 am

@Hippo : Yup. I've tried with some old sketches, and it seems this website can only make watercolor so far. I could be wrong but are you using a colored picture to be colored in that website? Well, it's supposed to be for sketch, or some uncolored picture.

Hippocampus wrote:
Either way, I could see this becoming a very powerful tool if the creator works on it a bit more. The linked website puts this a bit more eloquently:
Manga.Tokyo wrote:
...it is an undeniable step forward to an automation in the creative process that seems to be inevitable.
Although tbh this comment sorta rubs me the wrong way, because true creativity doesn't (rather, SHOULDN'T) come from automation, and the fact that the author says that this is inevitable is slightly worrisome to me.

While I'm very impressed with how my old sketch colored, It's against my 'pride' as an artist not to color and finalize the picture myself. Well, there are always positive and negative things when it comes to something. Let's just see how things go first. Though, I'm personally not worried about this, at least for now.

Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 371
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:59 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
@Hippo : Yup. I've tried with some old sketches, and it seems this website can only make watercolor so far. I could be wrong but are you using a colored picture to be colored in that website? Well, it's supposed to be for sketch, or some uncolored picture.
No, the pictures I used were just outlined versions I drew in pencil and had scanned before coloring them. I wanted to see how the way I colored them irl compared to the way this website colored the same outlined drawings.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
While I'm very impressed with how my old sketch colored, It's against my 'pride' as an artist not to color and finalize the picture myself. Well, there are always positive and negative things when it comes to something. Let's just see how things go first. Though, I'm personally not worried about this, at least for now.
That's true, though, we have no idea how popular this tool is going to become (I mean I hadn't heard of the website you got the article from until you posted the links), so it may be the next big thing or it may just be a well-kept secret Wink

In other news, I just found out that I have to work every single day this week. That's a first for me XD

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:36 am

Hippocampus wrote:
No, the pictures I used were just outlined versions I drew in pencil and had scanned before coloring them. I wanted to see how the way I colored them irl compared to the way this website colored the same outlined drawings.

Aw? I thought it was the colored picture since the color for both picture end up similar. But if you say so...

Hippocampus wrote:
In other news, I just found out that I have to work every single day this week. That's a first for me XD

Well... it's not uncommon. I believe you'll get past this.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:55 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Aw? I thought it was the colored picture since the color for both picture end up similar. But if you say so...
Don't forget you can use the hint information bar on the top to change the color scheme of the picture...

Also it seems since we've started talking about this, the website has spread considerably. There's a twitter feed on the page now, which shows works by a bunch of other people (mostly Japanese it looks like) who use this tool. So maybe it's turning into the next big thing after all Rolling Eyes

Hippocampus wrote:
Well... it's not uncommon. I believe you'll get past this.
I'm not complaining, mate; it's more pay for me lol!

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader

Charmer Power : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I find it funny how so many of us young people have been brainwashed to believe that we should follow our passions and pursue a job that's based on our interests, then fall flat on our faces when we see that society only really caters to a few specific professions and the rest can go bury themselves in a ditch, to put it lightly.

Some sad truth over there. Very well spoken, Hippo.

And guess what's more funny about it. Society tend to judge those "niche" jobs as something that only waste your time and whatnot, but when they found out that said job actually offer a real success, they'll ended up supporting it. Always amuse me when seeing those kind of people, lol.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:27 am

Runo wrote:
Some sad truth over there. Very well spoken, Hippo.

And guess what's more funny about it. Society tend to judge those "niche" jobs as something that only waste your time and whatnot, but when they found out that said job actually offer a real success, they'll ended up supporting it. Always amuse me when seeing those kind of people, lol.
I'm glad you appreciate my post, Runo Smile

And yeah, there aren't too many examples of jobs that are supported now but weren't in the past, but the biggest one that I can think of is none other than computer programming. Which is the funniest part of it all since we were talking about gaming, and games are developed by said computer programmers Razz

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:36 am

Hippocampus wrote:

Don't forget you can use the hint information bar on the top to change the color scheme of the picture...

Also it seems since we've started talking about this, the website has spread considerably. There's a twitter feed on the page now, which shows works by a bunch of other people (mostly Japanese it looks like) who use this tool. So maybe it's turning into the next big thing after all Rolling Eyes

Yep. Some pages I followed began to talk about this. This is starting to get interesting...

EDIT : So, some of artist I followed speak about that automated coloring website and she said

(Deleted for now)

Well... the moment when I said "I'm personally not worried about this, at least for now", doesn't really take long to end, it seems. What do you think about this?

Hippocampus wrote:

More people should have this kind of mindset.

EDIT : Edited the quote section

Last edited by Kirikaze Fuuma on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:43 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
EDIT : So, some of artist I followed speak about that automated coloring website and she said

(Edited by Kirikaze)

Well... the moment when I said "I'm personally not worried about this, at least for now", doesn't really take long to end, it seems. What do you think about this?
To be fair this tool doesn't draw for you. It merely colors for you, but the sketchwork is still all done by the original artist (granted, they already have other software that can draw for you, but they're quite limited in capability, and professional artists don't really have much use for them). Plus, as mentioned before it only colors in one style, so it would be noticeable if you did use it.

Computer services like this, especially in the arts, always invoke fear in people that, due to their automation, they will make manmade services obsolete. But as long as the humans are willing to put forth the effort, that can be prevented. Right now, we can program a computer to make music in all aspects, instrumentation as well as voice (Vocaloid anyone?). Despite that, though, you can still see live humans performing at clubs or concerts. These tools could put us out of business easily, but they don't stop our humanistic creativity or emotions. Ehh I would write more but I have to leave lol

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Hippocampus wrote:

More people should have this kind of mindset.
I mean who doesn't want mo money tho

But in all seriousness, money isn't the reason why I work. If it was, then I'd be doing some boring, more intensive job that pays 5-figure salaries XD

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:30 pm

One of my math tutees this week was 40 minutes late to his session (augh I was so mad), so I did some doodling while I waited for him. Thought I'd share them with you all~

Also went to the store last night and found an old tin, which had some neat stuff that would have been pretty awesome to have a couple years ago:

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (Platinum Secret Rare? the edges are silver instead of black)
Artifact Sanctum (Ultra Rare)
El Shaddoll Winda (Ultra Rare)
Shaddoll Fusion (Super Rare)
Nephe Shaddoll Fusion (Secret Rare)
Shaddoll Falco (Rare)
Qliphort Scout (Ultra Rare)
The Monarchs Stormforth (Common)
Escalation of the Monarchs (Super Rare)
Noble Knight Brothers (Secret Rare)

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 am

Just noticed I might posted some sensitive quote. My apologizes to everyone who were disturbed.

Hippocampus wrote:
To be fair this tool doesn't draw for you. It merely colors for you, but the sketchwork is still all done by the original artist (granted, they already have other software that can draw for you, but they're quite limited in capability, and professional artists don't really have much use for them). Plus, as mentioned before it only colors in one style, so it would be noticeable if you did use it.

Computer services like this, especially in the arts, always invoke fear in people that, due to their automation, they will make manmade services obsolete. But as long as the humans are willing to put forth the effort, that can be prevented. Right now, we can program a computer to make music in all aspects, instrumentation as well as voice (Vocaloid anyone?). Despite that, though, you can still see live humans performing at clubs or concerts. These tools could put us out of business easily, but they don't stop our humanistic creativity or emotions. Ehh I would write more but I have to leave lol

There are some artist whose coloring style is similar to that website, and this website really speed up the process (which is supposed to be good), but not really good for the artist since coloring would take a long time (and that website speed up the process to minutes). To be frank I'm more worried about how far the website would affect someone according to her, and it worried me for once. It sure invoke fear especially on people who had similar coloring style. Still, glad you told me about how these tools won't stop human's creativity and emotions. I got the point from what you already wrote.

Hippocampus wrote:
One of my math tutees this week was 40 minutes late to his session (augh I was so mad), so I did some doodling while I waited for him. Thought I'd share them with you all~

Dunno how to describe it, but I like the first picture more among the two.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Just noticed I might posted some sensitive quote. My apologizes to everyone who were disturbed.
Didn't seem that sensitive to me. Did someone actually complain to you about posting that quote?

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Dunno how to describe it, but I like the first picture more among the two.
Thanks! The first one is definitely more abstract imo. I'm not good at drawing most objects, so I tend to go for pictures that don't have a purpose instead lol

So a bit of YGO news now... apparently Dueling Network has returned. But it's no longer the same domain name and no longer run by the same admin if I understand right. It's called Dueling Book, and it's just like Dueling Network but with more updated features. I haven't made an account there yet, but if it picks up I just might (apparently there is a separate mode for Goat Format as well Very Happy). I figure some people on here *cough*catastor*cough* may want to check it out too.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Didn't seem that sensitive to me. Did someone actually complain to you about posting that quote?

There's none. But considering the way the artist said about how that website would affect someone (which could be very serious according to her), I decide to edit the post. It's just me trying to prevent possible sensitive and heavy topic.

Hippocampus wrote:
Thanks! The first one is definitely more abstract imo. I'm not good at drawing most objects, so I tend to go for pictures that don't have a purpose instead lol

Hippocampus wrote:
So a bit of YGO news now... apparently Dueling Network has returned. But it's no longer the same domain name and no longer run by the same admin if I understand right. It's called Dueling Book, and it's just like Dueling Network but with more updated features. I haven't made an account there yet, but if it picks up I just might (apparently there is a separate mode for Goat Format as well Very Happy). I figure some people on here *cough*catastor*cough* may want to check it out too.

I haven't been able to open the website since it always end up in black screen. I don't know if it had something to do with having 100 people online at the time according to pojo. But from what I read, it seems this website is a legit one. I don't plan to join the website anytime soon but perhaps when there's something interesting... then maybe.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I haven't been able to open the website since it always end up in black screen. I don't know if it had something to do with having 100 people online at the time according to pojo. But from what I read, it seems this website is a legit one. I don't plan to join the website anytime soon but perhaps when there's something interesting... then maybe.
It runs on Adobe Flash, so be sure your Flash player is up to date. 100 people is not a lot compared to the thousands that DN's server was capable of, so if it can't even support 100 people at once, then that's bound to be a problem soon Razz

In other news, I acquired this great album today! It's another prog rock band (of course), but the members are all Japanese and instead of vocals, there's a flautist. Unfortunately this song is the only one I can find on Youtube, but I'll share it anyway:

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer

Charmer Power : 2563
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
400/400  (400/400)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Just want to show you my collection

Ok, kthxbye *slapped

There's nothing IMPOSSIBLE!

if you have time, visit my new gallery ^^
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1484
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 am

Yo
just git outta my work again

time to restart my job hunting and become a neet again :3

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 am

Hippocampus wrote:
It runs on Adobe Flash, so be sure your Flash player is up to date. 100 people is not a lot compared to the thousands that DN's server was capable of, so if it can't even support 100 people at once, then that's bound to be a problem soon Razz

I'm not sure if people behind this website are the same with DN, but it seems this server isn't the same with DN one, that they have to upgrade to something much bigger (which probably explain about 100 person limit /shrug). At least I can finally open it.

Hippocampus wrote:
In other news, I acquired this great album today! It's another prog rock band (of course), but the members are all Japanese and instead of vocals, there's a flautist. Unfortunately this song is the only one I can find on Youtube, but I'll share it anyway:

I gave it a try and... it's indeed a good song. At the early music, the flute caught my attention.

Garaito wrote:

Ok, kthxbye *slapped

ally of justice catastor wrote:
Yo

Well, good luck for your hunting. Hope you'll get a new job soon.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am

Garaito wrote:
Very nice, mate! Where did you get that Charmer box? I'd definitely like one of my own.

Yo

Aww, too bad about your job, but hey at least you have more time to come on here now XD

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:27 am

Hippo wrote:
Aww, too bad about your job, but hey at least you have more time to come on here now XD
yeh, too bad....
That I don't have excuse for not coming here :v

Aside from that, actually going back to yugioh card games, and boi
Zefra's crazy pricey, especially on their other archetypes and the Yang Zing Zefra one

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious

“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer

Charmer Power : 2563
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
400/400  (400/400)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:23 am

@hippocampus and Fuuma thanks

it's a custom deckbox made by a custom deckbox maker, its name is MAKER. lol

There's nothing IMPOSSIBLE!

if you have time, visit my new gallery ^^
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Aside from that, actually going back to yugioh card games, and boi
Zefra's crazy pricey, especially on their other archetypes and the Yang Zing Zefra one
I've actually been getting sorta back into YGO myself now. I'm not interested in building any new decks though, mainly just updating the ones I already have with some newer cards. Lose 1 Turn is so freaking amazing in Chain Beat, and I've been testing Majesty's Fiend in Frognarchs. Also collecting a playset of Silver and Gold Gadget to make Machinas a bit more competitive. Just random stuff like that. I guess it really is a game that you just can't grow out of lol

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

Hippo wrote:
I guess it really is a game that you just can't grow out of lol
TBH, I only come back to play since my friend's playing as well
if not, I'm content with the fact that ygopro's cheap as fak

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 am

TBH, I only come back to play since my friend's playing as well
if not, I'm content with the fact that ygopro's cheap as fak
Playing on YGOpro still counts as playing crazy jump

And yeah I'm also getting influenced by my friend, he says he even wants to form a squad for tourneys O.o but you never know, maybe I can bring Charmers to a tourney hahaha

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Zane Truesdale.
New Charmer
New Charmer

Charmer Power : 16

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:32 am

I see, what an interesting topic you have here(I didn't it all just skipped from 1 to 10 and read parts of it for obvious reasons).
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:48 am

Hippo wrote:
maybe I can bring Charmers to a tourney hahaha
Charmer, handing free win like cupcakes in tournament

Quote :

Back to top Go down

Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next