Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:45 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Oh really, it's not suitable? Because that's the same way my consoles are set up, with red, yellow, and white connectors. What was the TV setting you used?

I was able to return the color by going to option -> input select -> change from 'component' to 'video'. I'm not sure if it would solve your problem since our case are different. But my point is, try to check the TV setting. Who knows there's a solution from it.

Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Charmer Power : 1089

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 am

Hippocampus wrote:
In other news, sad day for prog fans as I learned that Greg Lake died yesterday. That's 2/3 of ELP gone in 2016.

Very sad, indeed. 2016 has been a crazy year.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 371
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:27 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I was able to return the color by going to option -> input select -> change from 'component' to 'video'. I'm not sure if it would solve your problem since our case are different. But my point is, try to check the TV setting. Who knows there's a solution from it.
Hmm yeah I don't think my TV has that exact setting. I did find a menu that allows me to switch between certain preset screen modes, and one of them does fix the refresh rate problem. But the older systems still appear blocky, so I'm resigning to think it's because the pixels that they display are too low for this new TV. As for the black screen thing, I have no idea why that's still going on Neutral

moronic_knight wrote:
2016 has been a crazy year.
2016's not over yet though! I still plan to get things done before the end of the year, and I'd like to think I still have time Wink

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Just got back from martial arts class today, and I got 3 scratches on my hands and one whack to my head

You'd think learning "self-defense" means learning how to protect myself -__-

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Charmer Power : 5696
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:52 am

IMO those are not uncommon when you learn some martial arts. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:28 pm

I mean I suppose but I need my hands to play piano... I can't have my fingers all banged up and out of commission. What will the kiddies think? cries

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey everybody. I found this meme online and thought it was really amusing, so I figured I'd post about it. You basically determine your Pokémon type based on what kind of music you listen to. It's not a perfect chart, but then again nothing like this really is.

So let's see... according to this, I'd be a Dragon type because I love prog rock. My secondary type would be either Normal, if I looked at my life overall, or Ice, if I looked at what I've gotten into recently. But I also have a large collection of Bug and Fairy type music as well. My least represented type would probably be Poison.

Try this if you have time! It's kinda fun to think about what types your friends are too hmpfh

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:43 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Try this if you have time! It's kinda fun to think about what types your friends are too hmpfh

Hmm, this isn't very helpful because I'm almost every type except Grass. If I had to pick exactly one, I'd go with ??? because I listen to a lot of random music these days.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:44 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Hmm, this isn't very helpful because I'm almost every type except Grass.
Well sure, it's not asking you to be limited to listen to just one type of music. In fact, I'm pretty certain I own music from at least one artist in each of these types. Your type is just based on what you listen to most, or what you like the most.

moronic_knight wrote:
If I had to pick exactly one, I'd go with ??? because I listen to a lot of random music these days.
Interesting, so I'm guessing you're a fan of people like John Zorn and Karlheinz Stockhausen?

Also, moronic: Sorry I haven't replied to the RP yet. I'm working on this project that I need to get finished by Christmas, and I haven't spent too much time devoted to the forum that I'd need to in order to RP. Once the holidays are over, I'll try to respond.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I mean I suppose but I need my hands to play piano... I can't have my fingers all banged up and out of commission. What will the kiddies think? cries

I don't have any experience of being a music teacher, so I can't give a good suggestion. But... depending on how hurt you are, I personally feel you can still teach the children. But if you can't afford to, please have a rest. I personally believe you'll get a better solution if you know another music teacher, and ask for his/her solution. But if you ask my opinion, that's all I can give to you.

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:29 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Interesting, so I'm guessing you're a fan of people like John Zorn and Karlheinz Stockhausen?

Zorn yes, Stockhausen not yet  lol!

Stuff like this
Spoiler:

or just background scores and BGMs like this one.

Hippocampus wrote:
Also, moronic: Sorry I haven't replied to the RP yet. I'm working on this project that I need to get finished by Christmas, and I haven't spent too much time devoted to the forum that I'd need to in order to RP. Once the holidays are over, I'll try to respond.

Ah, no biggie. Take your time. I'm re-working the story a bit, too. I decided to pick up Arc-V again, and I'm kinda ashamed to admit it but I'm really liking it. Yuya is being put through constant torture. And Yuri is already doing to everybody what I wanted to do to Yuya. The original direction would be too cruel.

also, this monster is so damn cool Embarassed Embarassed Razz

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I don't have any experience of being a music teacher, so I can't give a good suggestion. But... depending on how hurt you are, I personally feel you can still teach the children. But if you can't afford to, please have a rest. I personally believe you'll get a better solution if you know another music teacher, and ask for his/her solution. But if you ask my opinion, that's all I can give to you.
Interesting suggestion; I didn't think of asking another music teacher for help. Thankfully my injuries have so far been merely topical, so they're already healed after a few days. But I also talked to my martial arts instructor about it, and he suggested I wear a certain type of gloves during practice (of course, said gloves are not so easy to find lol).

moronic_knight wrote:
Stuff like this
Yeah, I've tried to get into Mr. Bungle before, but they're just too weird for me haha. But if you like them, tell me what you think about this album:

moronic_knight wrote:
or just background scores and BGMs like this one.
To be honest I'd classify the Flatspace BGM as more of ambient genre than noise, so it would fall under Psychic type. That being said, you should check out Tangerine Dream if you haven't already.

moronic_knight wrote:
Ah, no biggie. Take your time. I'm re-working the story a bit, too. I decided to pick up Arc-V again, and I'm kinda ashamed to admit it but I'm really liking it. Yuya is being put through constant torture. And Yuri is already doing to everybody what I wanted to do to Yuya. The original direction would be too cruel.
At least Yuri > Yaoi cool! (ba-dum-tsshhh)

But yeah I feel like I also need to learn more about the Arc-V universe if I want to properly contribute to the RP. Like, I know you told me some things about the duel environments and such, but as far as how my character interacts with the world around him (and with other characters), I still feel like I'm not 100% ready yet.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 pm

So this is probably common knowledge, but I just now realized this

The pharaoh (Yami Yugi)'s name was Atem, right?

Atem is Meta spelled backward

How ironic... I wonder if Takahashi intended that.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:31 am

I don't think he intended that, more of a happy coincidence. Or is it?

I've been listening to the album you linked, Caledonia is a good track. Must admit, I never really looked into experimental acts from the 60s aside from the "major" ones. That's a place my knowledge is still lacking.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 am

IIRC there's a meaning for this "Atem" name. But I don't remember what that is. Regardless, if you spell it backward, it would still become "meta". Well, I don't know if any of Atem's deck has become meta or not today. /shrug

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:59 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
I've been listening to the album you linked, Caledonia is a good track.
Which is funny, because Caledonia is arguably the most accessible-sounding track on there, and here I thought you would be drawn to the more avant-sounding ones Razz
moronic_knight wrote:
Must admit, I never really looked into experimental acts from the 60s aside from the "major" ones. That's a place my knowledge is still lacking.
Yeah I haven't heard too many either... most of the experimental music I listen to is from the 70s or later. But I'm sure, being a Beatles fan, that you've heard some John Lennon/Yoko Ono from that time? Two Virgins is really out there. And... oh! Terry Riley is a lot of fun.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
IIRC there's a meaning for this "Atem" name. But I don't remember what that is. Regardless, if you spell it backward, it would still become "meta". Well, I don't know if any of Atem's deck has become meta or not today. /shrug
I'm sure the name does have a meaning. I know that they tried to make a bunch more Dark Magician support recently, and there have been new Buster Blader monsters and Magnet Warrior monsters as well. But as for strictly things in the meta, the only thing I can think of would be Blue-Eyes, but that was Kaiba's deck, not Yugi's.

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:27 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Which is funny, because Caledonia is arguably the most accessible-sounding track on there, and here I thought you would be drawn to the more avant-sounding ones

To be honest, I'd literally just started listening to the album when I wrote that reply. And Caledonia is the first or second track on there.

I have listened to the Plastic Ono Band records but technically they are 70s stuff, aren't they?

I'd heard of Tangerine Dream, but I thought they were some sort of Beatles tribute band lol! Checking them out at the moment

EDIT: They have 100+ albums. WTF.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:32 am

moronic_knight wrote:
To be honest, I'd literally just started listening to the album when I wrote that reply. And Caledonia is the first or second track on there.
Fair enough.

moronic_knight wrote:
I have listened to the Plastic Ono Band records but technically they are 70s stuff, aren't they?
Well Plastic Ono Band was 70s for sure, but I'm talking about what they did BEFORE Plastic Ono Band was formed, which is just noise and completely bizarre compositions like this one:

Basically think Revolution 9 but with less structure.

moronic_knight wrote:
I'd heard of Tangerine Dream, but I thought they were some sort of Beatles tribute band lol! Checking them out at the moment
Hahaha nooooo they have nothing to do with the Beatles at all. Edgar Froese was probably one of the most influential composers of electronic music ever, and I believe him and Jean Michel Jarre were friends irl.

Also yeah, their output is really prolific haha

In other news, today is my birthday! I've officially been alive for a quarter of a century. Doesn't feel any different though lol

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:08 am

Hippocampus wrote:
In other news, today is my birthday! I've officially been alive for a quarter of a century. Doesn't feel any different though lol

happy birthday!

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:30 am

Hippocampus wrote:

Oh, happy birthday, Hippo.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 am

Thank you both very much! *hugs moronic and Fuuma* I wish I could have a real kitty for my birthday present though XD

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:29 am

Hippocampus wrote:
I wish I could have a real kitty for my birthday present though XD

Your wishes will come true if you wish hard enough, or so they say.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:14 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Your wishes will come true if you wish hard enough, or so they say.
Hmm, you know you're right... I should've used my birthday wish on that instead of what I actually did wish for lol

The problem is my parents can't agree on what kind of cat to have. My mom wants an indoor-only cat, while my dad wants an indoor-outdoor cat. So as a result I get no cat Neutral

Also, have a tumblr-esque meme:
Quote :
Windows: Your Internet browser has a new version that you should update
me: what's getting updated?
Windows: One of the buttons on the left side is now on the right side
me: oh, psshh, i don't need something so trivial as that, don't install
*30 minutes later*
Windows: Your Internet browser is outdated and can't display this webpage properly!
me: mf whyyyyyyyyyy

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer

Charmer Power : 2563
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
400/400  (400/400)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:53 am

i come here to (late) say happy birthday...

...and end my turn

There's nothing IMPOSSIBLE!

if you have time, visit my new gallery ^^
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread   Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Aww, thanks so much Garaito! Hugs to you too

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Meda Bat's Eye - Charmer Forum Official OOT thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next