Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 
 

 Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Was looking at the Shadowpriestess of Ohm and analyzing her card art for possible inclusion to my Charmer fic down the road, and suddenly I had to stop and ask myself: Am I actually sure the Shadowpriestess is an evil entity?

The obvious answer with a quick run through of her card art and effect would be yes, but I think finding the answer to this question may require a more in depth analysis of the connection between Doriado and Ohm.

What exactly is their relation to one another supposed to be? Is Ohm a shadow copy of Doriado, or Doriado herself turned DARK? Or could they even be blood related from birth? The most obvious point to address when asking these questions would be the fact that Ohm is DARK attribute while Doriado's attribute is treated as all elements EXCEPT DARK.

This puts Ohm in a perfect opposing position to Doriado as she holds the ONE power she lacks.

But does this mean that Ohm is actually in opposition to Doriado as a natural enemy? Or could she perhaps just be an opposing force meant to balance out the scales?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Surprised this question hasn't been addressed before.

I think you're confusing the terms "evil" and "dark" here. It is true that Ohm is the DARK counterpart to Doriado. However, being DARK doesn't necessarily mean being evil; it just means being able to wield the powers of darkness as opposed to other kinds of powers. Look at the original Yu-Gi-Oh! show, for example: Yugi has a "dark entity" inside him which he calls Yami Yugi, and this entity gives him courage and helps him learn about the power of unity, while exacting justice on people who actually are committing crimes. Yami is most certainly dark, but would you call that behaviour evil? Not only that, his star monster is the Dark Magician, who obviously wields dark magic, but why would the PROTAGONIST'S star monster be evil?

Now, as to whether Ohm and Doriado are enemies, that is more along the lines of speculation. Obviously, there are quite a few monsters with existing DARK counterparts, but the only one with a halfway fleshed out story is Warrior Dai Grepher, who turns into Dark Grepher after choosing the path of evil. So does this mean that all DARK counterparts are the original monsters turned evil? Not necessarily, as Paladin of White Dragon and Knight of Dark Dragon are certainly not the same monster.

What's curious about Ohm is that her card effect involves sacrificing other DARK monsters. On one hand, this makes sense for an evil entity; sacrifice others around you to make yourself stronger is a motto that many villains follow (in Ohm's case, they make her opponent weaker by dealing direct damage). But because she can only Tribute DARK monsters, you have to wonder if her true motive is destroying her enemies, or if it's actually ridding the world of the powers of darkness. In which case, who IS Ohm's enemy? It doesn't help that, looking at a lot of in-game combos with her, they all involve either Tributing synthetic minions (Fires of Doomsday, Phantom Skyblaster, etc.) or manipulating the field to bypass her limitations (DNA Transplant, Ultimate Offering, etc.). Does this make her more or less evil to you?

This question you asked is really too open-ended for you to expect a concrete answer. In the end, because you're asking this question due to a plot device in your story, I think you can believe in whichever answer you prefer.

This is making me think of that old visual novel idea I had... I should get to work on that sometime Rolling Eyes

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 300
Charmer Power : 2016
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 22
Location : -NA-
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Hippocamus wrote:
This question you asked is really too open-ended for you to expect a concrete answer.
Yeah I know, I just wanted to hear other thoughts on the subject, because like I said, just a quick look at her card art and effect would imply she is evil, but I just suddenly had ask if that were truly the case. I wasn't looking for a concrete answer, just wanted to hear other opinions.

_________________
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 420
Charmer Power : 1484
Join date : 2012-07-29
Age : 19
Location : a dimension called EXTRA DECK
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:20 pm

:v
Hippo wrote:
This is making me think of that old visual novel idea I had... I should get to work on that sometime Rolling Eyes
I haven't heard of that VN for so long I didn't remember where I put the script I write :v

Anyway, I think its up to people, as Ohm didn't have set story on her

_________________

Quote :
[13:19:57] ally of justice catastor : and that day, Catastor have made his own religious
[13:20:29] Hippocampus : and we all followed him as our disciple and messiah

Seitokai no Ichizon wrote:
“A power level of nine trillion eighty thousand isn’t just for show…… Mafuyu…… Mafuyu’s power level would probably be about negative thirty seven……”
“What do you mean it’s negative?!”
“Mafuyu is defeated by Mafuyu’s opponent easily without them having to do anything. And then Mafuyu is nursed back to health by them.”
“That definitely makes it negative!”
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 pm

I haven't did any researches about cards lately, so maybe Binding Dharc knows more than I do. (last time was when I wrote a Charmer fan fiction, but that was 6 years ago). The only way to find out about Ohm is evil or not, (like I always say), is from Konmai's official statement. But don't even think about that. I don't think they won't even bother with an old card like Ohm, which probably not many people use especially nowadays, unless you created a dedicated deck. But if you want me to speculate, then my answer is yes, she is evil (Just from judging from her appearances. Yeah, I'm a really simple guy huh? ). Besides, her effect is about sacrificing friends to deal some damage. Kind of remind me of Ectoplasmer when Yugi dueled Arkana. But like Hippo said, she can only tribute dark monsters, which actually begs for question as why she can only tribute dark monsters. Whatever it is, it's about inflict damage to opponent's LP, so I don't think it's just for backstab. Well, we still need more info about it. The rest will remain speculation, and IMO it's up to your imagination if you want to write something about Ohm.


Though, I doubt she is Doriado's dark counterpart. Usually (or maybe all of) the dark counterpart has same ATK/DEF with their original version. Ohm doesn't seem to have this similarity. Doriado is 1200/1400 while Ohm is 1700/1600. Even Lady of Faith's stat is 1100/800. If I were you, I'll make these three as three separate people.

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:15 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Though, I doubt she is Doriado's dark counterpart. Usually (or maybe all of) the dark counterpart has same ATK/DEF with their original version. Ohm doesn't seem to have this similarity. Doriado is 1200/1400 while Ohm is 1700/1600. Even Lady of Faith's stat is 1100/800. If I were you, I'll make these three as three separate people.

Counterpart doesn't mean they're same person though. Dark Magician Girl is Dark Magician 's counterpart, but she's not genderbendered version of him isn't it?

If anything, I would say Ohm is more to Lady of Faith's counterpart than Doriado herself. Check their original names and also Doriado's flavor text. Doriado is a spirit of the forest. Meanwhile, Lady of Faith's original name is High Priestess. Ohm is Priestess Ohm (TCG turn her into Shadowpriestess, but it's all good and fitting).

I'd say, since they're both priests, if we bring Lady of Faith and Ohm into real life, it will be like this:
-Lady of Faith: A good, legit priest that belongs to legit, normal church
-Shadowpriestess of Ohm: Satanic church leader. LOL

I also think IF Doriado is supposed to be the leader of Charmers due to the attributes she had, she could be the master of them, except Dharc, which could belong to Ohm. Her relationship with Dharc probably could be similar to Noellia and Avance, a love-hate one (this Gishki stuff is stated in Master Guide). Evil or not, Ohm can be anything you like. I personally respect evil characters that has reason as why they becomes evil, and not evil just because they're evil and supposed to do evil things, because they feel bland in my opinion.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 am

Eria wrote:
Counterpart doesn't mean they're same person though. Dark Magician Girl is Dark Magician 's counterpart, but she's not genderbendered version of him isn't it?

If anything, I would say Ohm is more to Lady of Faith's counterpart than Doriado herself. Check their original names and also Doriado's flavor text. Doriado is a spirit of the forest. Meanwhile, Lady of Faith's original name is High Priestess. Ohm is Priestess Ohm (TCG turn her into Shadowpriestess, but it's all good and fitting).


Well, most of the monster counterpart are (most likely to be) a same person with their real counterpart. Dark Grepher, for one (according to storyline. Not to mention same stat, even though different effect).  Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl are hinted to be master and disciple, as we saw in YGO manga storyline (not to mention DMG also called Dark Magician "master" in YGO Bonds Beyond Time movie).

When I read the second paragraph, to be frank I got an impression that you're saying Ohm and Lady of Faith are the same person (correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe because I'm still under impression some monster's counterpart are actually same person as said monster. Though, maybe what you're saying is Ohm and Lady of Faith are different person from different side(?) /shrug

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Eria wrote:
Counterpart doesn't mean they're same person though. Dark Magician Girl is Dark Magician 's counterpart, but she's not genderbendered version of him isn't it?

If anything, I would say Ohm is more to Lady of Faith's counterpart than Doriado herself. Check their original names and also Doriado's flavor text. Doriado is a spirit of the forest. Meanwhile, Lady of Faith's original name is High Priestess. Ohm is Priestess Ohm (TCG turn her into Shadowpriestess, but it's all good and fitting).


Well, most of the monster counterpart are (most likely to be) a same person with their real counterpart. Dark Grepher, for one (according to storyline. Not to mention same stat, even though different effect).  Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl are hinted to be master and disciple, as we saw in YGO manga storyline (not to mention DMG also called Dark Magician "master" in YGO Bonds Beyond Time movie).

When I read the second paragraph, to be frank I got an impression that you're saying Ohm and Lady of Faith are the same person (correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe because I'm still under impression some monster's counterpart are actually same person as said monster. Though, maybe what you're saying is Ohm and Lady of Faith are different person from different side(?) /shrug

I think it's common knowledge that both Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician are master and disciple, but that doesn't change the fact that they're counterparts, even YGO The Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction mention them as counterparts.

And no, I never imply Ohm and Lady of Faith are the same person. They're simply counterparts. I think you're confused about the meaning of "counterpart" more than anything.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Eria wrote:
I think it's common knowledge that both Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician are master and disciple, but that doesn't change the fact that they're counterparts, even YGO The Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction mention them as counterparts.

And no, I never imply Ohm and Lady of Faith are the same person. They're simply counterparts. I think you're confused about the meaning of "counterpart" more than anything.


Now that you mention it... yes. I'm already used to accepting that 'monsters counterpart' are still the same monsters, with different position. At least most of them. Yup. To be frank I didn't even think to find the real meaning of counterpart anymore, when it comes to this case (which led me to think that you're saying Ohm = Lady of Faith). Thank you for reminding me.

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:20 am

A bit related:



"Hi there, Ohm. Now I have 100 ATK more than you. Also, please stop torturing Dharc with those whips. Just allow me to take care of him with more love than you do. Wink"

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
avatar

Posts : 454
Charmer Power : 1533
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 23
Location : Shinix Dimension

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
2000/2000  (2000/2000)
MP:
500/500  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:38 am

Essentially Doriado using the powers of darkness to gain a new power of pendulums!

...Too bad her scale is 5, probably meaning it only wants you summoning level 4s or lower with her.

_________________

Credits to King of Maplemation for siggy~
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
avatar

Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:16 am

^ Lv 4 or lower probably means you can use her with Charmers and FP. Might be a hint if she somehow related to them. Her Lv is 3 previously, but if she stay at Lv 3 we won't be able to Pendulum Summon FP monsters. Although Lv 4 can also be hint if the original Doriado, which is a vanilla monster, is a Lv 4.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:43 am

Eria wrote:
Although Lv 4 can also be hint if the original Doriado, which is a vanilla monster, is a Lv 4.
But the original Doriado was a Ritual monster, not a vanilla. Question

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Eria wrote:
Although Lv 4 can also be hint if the original Doriado, which is a vanilla monster, is a Lv 4.
But the original Doriado was a Ritual monster, not a vanilla. Question


Well, there's this card before Doriado





And later, she appeared again in Doriado's Blessing spell card.

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
avatar

Posts : 1868
Charmer Power : 582
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Well, there's this card before Doriado





And later, she appeared again in Doriado's Blessing spell card.
Oh. That card.

I actually never made the romaji connection before, mainly because a "dryad" is an actual type of creature found in many fantasy games and other media, while "Doriado" really sounds like nothing more than a character's name.

In that case, it really, REALLY doesn't make sense that Elemental Mistress became Level 3 after the Ritual.

Well, this poses a similar question (sort of more back on topic). Do Dryad and Lady of Faith have the same relationship that Doriado and Ohm have?

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
avatar

Posts : 3584
Charmer Power : 5697
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 29
Location : Fuuma Village
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
280/280  (280/280)
MP:
170/170  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Oh. That card.

I actually never made the romaji connection before, mainly because a "dryad" is an actual type of creature found in many fantasy games and other media, while "Doriado" really sounds like nothing more than a character's name.

In that case, it really, REALLY doesn't make sense that Elemental Mistress became Level 3 after the Ritual.

Well, this poses a similar question (sort of more back on topic). Do Dryad and Lady of Faith have the same relationship that Doriado and Ohm have?


I don't know. But all I can think of is, they are possibly connected each other considering they have similar outfit. Need official statement from Konami, which is unlikely.


As for level 4 to 3, it doesn't change the fact it's Dryad which is in Doriado's Blessing card, and Doriado has same stat as Dryad (1200/1400). So, if you ask my opinion, they are the same person. Besides, Dark Doriado also support 4 elements (Doriado's characteristic) and she is level 4 (Dryad's characteristic).

_________________




Kirikaze's Charmer Forum Journey : 2009 - 2016, 2016 - ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?   

Back to top Go down
 
Is Shadowpriestess of Ohm evil?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Story-
Jump to: