Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:54 am

"There is unrest in the forest,
there is trouble with the trees..."

Anyway. This is the continuation of a chatbox RP, only I'm making it a bit more open ended so others can join if they so wish.

An alternate title for this can be "NEW New New Charmers RP".

Plot:
The forest outside Charmer Village was always a magical place, and it used to be full of bountiful resources which is what allowed the animals and other forest dwellers to thrive in harmony. Recently, however, these resources have completely disappeared. Most of the rare plants seem to have been literally uprooted, and almost all of the animals have left.

This is a big problem for the Familiars, because they forage in the forest and bring herbs and plants home to their Charmer masters. It is also a problem for the Traptrix, because they have less and less prey to feed upon, and their numbers are dwindling. So one day, when the Familiars were looking for food in the forest, they were ambushed by the Traptrix and almost eaten alive. But the Charmers came to their rescue and captured the Traptrix, bringing them home to Mistress Doriado to exact punishment. When the Traptrix explained their situation, however, Doriado realized that something greater is afoot and decided to pardon the Traptrix until this mess is cleared up.

What could be the cause of this forest mayhem?

Rules:
1. All Charmer forum rules apply.
2. You can control any character you deem appropriate. In addition, there is no limit to how many characters you can control at once. No overpowered characters are allowed.
3. A single character cannot be controlled by more than 1 roleplayer. But, if that character is not used by that roleplayer in 48 hours after the roleplayer's last post, anyone can take the character's role in their next post.
4. Your roleplaying style can be whatever you feel comfortable with, as long as what you write is legible. But for this kind of RP, it might make more sense to do Novice style.
5. If you have a really cool plot device you'd like to add, or think something I made up really sucks, you can PM me about it.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 2014
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 pm

* Aussa , Hiita , and Wynn travel deep into the forest to where a rare and tasty plant called the Dragonsnap Flower used to grow*

Hiita *looking around* "Man, they really are gone..."

Aussa *closely inspecting the ground, rubbing dirt between her fingers* "It's worse than that. It's not just the plants, the soil itself is drying out around here. It's like the ground itself has been poisoned."

Wynn "Poisoned?"

Aussa "This isn't natural; the decline would have been more gradual if it were. Of course, we already knew we were messing with something bigger than a simple drought. But now I'm sure of it; this is deliberate. There's somebody out there intentionally causing all of this."

Charmer Power : 344
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:32 am

* Petit Dragon is perched on Wynn's shoulder, still a bit too jostled from the previous day to fly out on its own, Fox Fire is walking by Hiita's side on the ground *

Petit Dragon Grr! That makes me so mad! If I knew who did this, I'd beat 'em up so bad that -

Fox Fire Calm down, Petit. You're not going to get anywhere by getting angry.
*sniffs the ground*
Yech, it smells really... musky over here. Too bad Marmot opted not to come, he's pretty good at identifying earthy stuff like this.

Petit Dragon Well, someone had to stay with the Traptrix, just in case they try anything funny. I still don't trust 'em, but with Marmot back there I'm not worried.

Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Wynn "Should we really be investigating this though? Mistress Doriado told not not to get involved."

Aussa "We started this, so I intend to see it though."

Hiita "Yeah, for once Aussa and I are on the same page. We fought the Traptrix, we brought this to Mistress Doriado's attention, so we have a right to stay involved in this."

Wynn "So what about the others?"

Aussa"If we need they're help, we'll ask. But for now, let's just let them be, alright?" *takes out a jar and scope up some of the dirt and soil as a sample* "I wonder if I can figure out what's been done to it..."

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:51 am

A Worm Bait was inside the dirt sample Aussa scooped up!

Confused as to why it was picked up so violently, it attempts to bite Aussa's hand.

Fox Fire*sees a small patch of ground shift on its own seconds after Aussa picks up the dirt*
Huh? What was that?
*scampers over to take a closer look, then paws at some of the dirt*
Hmm, I could've sworn I saw something moving there just now...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Aussa Ow! *drops the dirt upon being bit, but doesn't know what did it*

Wynn Aussa? What happened?

Aussa *shakes her hand and eyes the ground closely and sees something moving, immediately scooping the thing up with the jar directly this time, then inspects the contents to try and get a clear look of what it was*

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

The Worm Bait tries to burrow deeper, but quickly realizes it is trapped inside a jar, and so huddles toward the middle of the dirt sample.

Petit Dragon *looking at the jar* That looked like some kind of insect, Aussa! I hope it doesn't belong to the Traptrix.

Fox Fire But the Traptrix aren't here, remember?
*sniffs the air, then makes a face*
Whatever that was, it stinks! You should close the lid on that jar.

Petit Dragon *tries to sniff*
I don't smell anything, Fox.

Fox Fire Really? It smells pretty strong down here...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Aussa *Is unable to get a clear look at the insect, but knows she has it in the jar, so she screws a lid on top* "Well, I'll see what I can figure out from this thing and get back to you guys.

Wynn "Anything we can do to help?"

Aussa "Hm... well actually, how about you guys look around the forest more, see if we can figure out how far this infection - or infestation as the case may be - actually goes? Wynn, you and Petit Dragon look around and see if any of the other less common plants have started disappearing. And Hiita, since Fox Fire can smell whatever these things are, see if you can figure out out how close to the village its gotten. Let's try figure out how bad the situation actually is right now."

Hiita "Sounds like a plan. You up for it Fox?"

Wynn "We'll try our best."

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Fox Fire *to Hiita* Of course! That'll be easy for me. Just remember to watch your feet, since I'll be doing a bit of digging.

Petit Dragon Lead the way, Wynn! I remember a lot of places where certain plants are found, so I'll point them out for you!

* Meanwhile, Atrax is roaming around Doriado's house in search of something "fun" to do. *

Atrax *to herself* They said we couldn't leave the house... but this place is huge! I'm bound to find something interesting if I go into one of these rooms. hmpfh
*walks up to a door and puts her hand on the knob*
Hmm, what's in here?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Aussa "Okay, when you're done, meet me back at my place."

Hiita "You got it."

Wynn "Okay!"

*Hiita and Wynn head off with their familiars while Aussa makes her way back to the village*

*Atrax tries the door, but finds that it is locked. And then Archfiend Marmot suddenly comes flying around the corner and knocks into Atrax on accident*

Archfiend Marmot "Ow!" *falls to the ground*

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Fox Fire *sniffs the air and turns his head around*
*to Hiita* The weird thing is I didn't smell anything until Aussa overturned this dirt here. So I wanna believe that this is coming from underground, but I'm not sure...
*paws at some more dirt*

Petit Dragon Wynn, do you remember how to get to the Teal Waterfall?

Atrax Hey, watch where you're going, you little rat! You could've killed yourself if I had my mouth open any wider!

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Hiita "Really? So we're going to need to dig around to figure out how far they've gotten?" *Hiita raises her staff and then stabs the bottom tip into the ground, making a small hole in the ground* "Smell anything?"

Wynn "Sure, it's one of Eria's favorite spots. Let's go." *hurries in the direction of the Teal Waterfall*

Archfiend Marmot *shakes his head and gets back in the air* Sorry, your sister won't stop chasing me.

Nepenthes *runs around the corner* "I'm gonna- oh, hey Atrax!"

Archfiend Marmot "For the last time! I'm not playing with you! Leave me alone already!"

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Fox Fire Well I did say we would be digging, now didn't I?
*sniffs the hole Hiita's staff made* Hmm, yeah, actually. It smells the same. Maybe it is the dirt, and not whatever Aussa -

*pauses, then begins digging at the hole in an attempt to make it a bit larger*

Petit Dragon Figured it's a good place to start. You know how the algae grows behind the water so it looks "teal", right? Well, we can see if it still looks that way, and if the water's blue, then that means the algae is gone too. *sports a worried look* I hope it's still there though.

Atrax *sighs* Nepenthes, Nepenthes, you're so easily entertained...
*grabs Marmot and holds him in mid-air, shaking him a bit*
The rat is boring. He doesn't want to play, so let him be by his boring self.

* Suddenly, the door Atrax tried to open before unlocks from the inside, and Lyna peeks her head out *

Lyna Umm, what are you all doing? I was wondering what that commotion was...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:40 am

Hiita "What's up? You see something?"

Wynn "I hope so too..."

Archfiend Marmot "Hey! Let me go! Stop shaking me!" *Lyna comes out* "Lyna, help me!"

Nepenthes "It's fun to chase him because he doesn't want to play though!"

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Fox Fire I think... *digs a bit more, then looks up at Hiita*
Damn, I think you killed it, Hiita.

* Wynn and Petit Dragon approach the waterfall, and see that its color is... *

Ooc: I'm letting you decide here

Atrax *to Marmot* You're the one squirming; I'm tryin' ta hold you still!
*Lyna comes out* Oh joy, another Charmer, gonna lecture us, no doubt...

Hijiri Ehh? Atrax, put Marmot down!
*hears Nepenthes's comment and has a complete change of look*
Lyna Play? What are you playing? Can I play?

Atrax Great, and she's the dumb one too facepalm *lets one hand go of Marmot to facepalm but releases her grab on him as a result*

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:21 pm

Hiita *kneels down* "Well can we at least tell what it was?

*Thankfully, the Teal Waterfall looks the same as always*

Wynn *sighs with relief* "Thank goodness, it doesn't look like the algae here has been affected*

Archfiend Marmot *Once out of Atrax's grip, flies behind Lyna* "Lyna, don't encourage them!"

Nepenthes "It's tag of course! So if you want to play..." *taps Lyna on the shoulder* You're it! *runs away*

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:29 am

Fox Fire Oh yeah, definitely. It's a Worm Bait, from what I can see. *points his paw at the carcass to show Hiita* You crushed it with the end of your staff. I would pick it up, but its guts are everywhere and I don't exactly have opposable thumbs, so...

Petit Dragon Yeah, that is good!
*pauses and looks around, so they can hear the water rushing down the waterfall*
...This place looks as peaceful as ever. I can't even tell if it was affected by that plague at all.
*gets off Wynn's shoulder and flies down to the pond in front of the falls, and begins to drink some of the water*
Ahh, it tastes good today! *smiling*

Lyna Ooh, I'm gonna getcha! *runs after Nepenthes*

Atrax ...Kids... They don't know what real fun is.
*suddenly realizes that Lyna left the door open, and darts inside the room, hoping to close it behind her before Marmot sees*

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 am

Hiita "It's fine, Aussa got some of them in a jar right? Besides, we're supposed to be figuring out how close to the village these things have gotten, not gathering samples." *stands back up* "Come on, let's keep moving."

Wynn "Sits down to relax for a second and pets Petit Dragon's head* "I hope it stays this peaceful."

Archfiend Marmot "Lyna!" *shouts after her, but Lyna doesn't stop chasing Nepenthes, and then Marmor s surprised when Atrax shuts the door to Lynas room* "Hey, what are you doing in there?"

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Fox Fire Well I didn't see what Aussa picked up, I only saw that it was moving when she found it and dead when you found it. But considering Worm Bait is commonly found in pairs, I wouldn't be surprised.
*scampers back by Hiita's side* So where are we going next?

Petit Dragon *beams back at Wynn, then starts to take another sip of water*

* While Wynn is relaxing with Petit Dragon, a vine slowly rises out of the ground and starts to wrap around her leg. *

Petit Dragon *to Wynn* Try some of the water, it's great!

Atrax *laughs* Me? Don't you worry about that. I'm just... familiarizing myself with this place.
*looks around, then talks to herself* Now, let's see if there's anything in here I can steal... *begins rummaging through a clothes dresser*

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Hiita "Let's go to the edge of the village, hopefully we won't find any more of these things right on our doorstep."

Wynn "Okay," *Wynn shifts her position, moving her leg away from the root without having noticed it before scooping up some of the water in her hands and drinking it* "Wow, it really is refreshing." *smiles at Petit Dragon* "Well, should we continue looking around?"

Archfiend Marmot *sighs with exasperation* Hey, where's the third one of you? Mmmm...Marshmallow or whatever?

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Fox Fire Alright. I don't remember smelling anything unusual there on our way in, though, so hopefully that won't have changed...

* The root coils around itself before slipping back into the ground. *

Petit Dragon *flies back on Wynn's shoulder* Yeah! I'm glad this place is safe, but let's see if -

* Suddenly, there was a rustling noise coming from one of the bushes nearby. *

Petit Dragon Huh? What was that?

Atrax *faintly hears Marmot talking after putting something in her pocket, and turns toward the door*
Myrmeleo, you mean? She's sleeping. She was too tired after you beat her up yesterday and she wanted to get some rest. Why, you want to go play with her too?

* After running after Nepenthes for a little, Lyna stops and puts her hands on her knees, exhaling heavily. *
Lyna How... are you... so good at... playing tag...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Hiita "Yeah, hopefully." *heads back toward the village with Fox Fire*

Wynn *stands up* "Hm, What was what?" *looks around for anything unusual*

Archfiend Marmot "Just making sure where she is. I'm here to keep an eye on you Traptrix, make sure you don't try anything funny while you're staying here."

Nepenthes *turns around and laughs at Lyna* "Heehee! Blame it on your sheltered life. We Traptrix were banished remember? If I weren't in amazing shape, I wouldn't have survived this long."
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Fox Fire *after getting closer to the village* Well here we are. Where do you think I should start digging?

Petit Dragon It, it came from over there Wynn! *points its wing in the direction of the bushes*
*a bit of silence*
Do you think it could be an animal?

Atrax Ohhh, is that a threat? *starts shifting some things around on Lyna's desk*
Don't worry, little rat. There's not much we can do here at all, and it's not like we'll gain anything by escaping into the forest right now anyway. You can trust us to be -
*picks up a note she found on the desk* Hey! "To my dearest Dharc-kun"? What is THIS???

Lyna For someone who ate all that cake last night, I'm surprised you ARE in that shape.
*stands back up, sweating* Well can we play something else then? If I run anymore I'm gonna pass out...

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
350/350  (350/350)
MP:
400/400  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:53 am

Hiita "Anywhere should be fine, so..." *stabs the ground with her staff again* "Smell anything?"

Wynn "If it is, that's good news right?" *Wynn goes toward the bush Petit Dragon pointed out* "Because the Traptrix said the animals were disappearing too."

Archfiend Marmot "And stop going through Lyna's stuff!" *slams into the door, but can't get in*

Nepenthes *makes a pouty face* "Aww... You're no fun."

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)   Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Fox Fire *sniffs the hole* Uh... no, actually.
*digs a bit* Nope, I think this area is clean.

Petit Dragon Yeah! *a beat* Hey, what if -

* Suddenly, an enormous flycatcher plant erupts out of the ground, engulfing Wynn and Petit Dragon. *

Petit Dragon AAAAHH! *hugs Wynn's shoulder with its wings and closes its eyes*

Atrax *leaves the desk and walks over to Lyna's bed* Hey, don't wet yourself, pal. This letter looks too mushy for me anyway.
*starts jumping on the bed* I suppose I could let a certain Dark Charmer know about this though *snickers evilly*

Lyna I am TOO fun! I'm the funnest of all the Charmers!

*Just then Happy Lover flies by, and spots the two girls *

Happy Lover Oh, hey Lyna, Nepenthes, what are you doing?

Lyna *more stern than she meant to* HAPPY LOVER! Tell her I'm the funnest of all the Charmers!

Happy Lover Gah! Uh, what?

Quote :

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Trouble in the Forest (A Charmer RP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next