Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :

PostSubject: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Welcome, this RP. It is kind of exclusive between me and Yami, though people are welcome to comment to a point. This RP is going to be a game of Chess between Yami's Arc and my Victoria. If people want to join in cheering or commenting feel free but the two may not care to reply. So this is kind of a show. There are rules.
We aren't actually going be making a chess game. The point is going to be the banter between these two while they play. Who ever gets more inside the others head wins. There are also rules of engagement. These two don't know anything about the other beyond information they gain here. So all they start with is the sight of another. They can only play off of what they learn. So if you catch one of them using information they don't have then feel free to point it out.
Hope

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the show

The two warriors enter the room with a board set up. Both brought here by a third party. They walk to each other, to the board.

"So you are Victoria. We will see how long that Name speaks the truth." Arc says

"I suppose we shall," Victoria replies while offering a hand shake.

Arc denies the gesture "In chess it would be customary to shake hands after the game"

"I think it is actually only a custom to shake as a means of ending a game. Any other time it is offered is merely a polite gesture," Victoria said as she sat down.

"The last time someone offered me a 'polite gesture' they tried to electrocute me" Arc said as he sat down.

"Interesting situation to label as polite coming from a former warrior," Victoria said as she moved one of the pieces and then clicked the chess clock.

Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 pm

So, question, Wynn. Are you controlling both characters with this post, or have you and Yami prescripted this story and you're just writing it down?

Because if you are making dialogue for Yami's character, this is a very odd premise for an RP.

[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:52 am

Hippocampus wrote:
So, question, Wynn. Are you controlling both characters with this post, or have you and Yami prescripted this story and you're just writing it down?

Because if you are making dialogue for Yami's character, this is a very odd premise for an RP.
From this point each post is only going to include 1 person actions. This post was special in this case and no I didn't control Yami character here. He told me what to have his character say.
The reason this one is special so it gets more of a interesting opening. This is not prethought out either. Me an Yami are going to be playing off of each other from this point.

I figured you would have noticed us talking about this. You check the chat don't you hippo?

Last edited by Wynn on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Charmer Power : 1907
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :

Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:22 pm

OT: I hope you have at least some idea HOW TO PLAY CHESS. Otherwise I might have problems to fill my posts. XD. We dont have to write every move, I just like bringing shit like that in^^

"Every world got its own ways of showing politeness" Arc replied and took a short glance at the board. Victoria started with a e2 to e4, setting her right center pawn into one of the 4 central fields on the Chessboard. Arc simply did a d5 to d6, moving his right center pawn one field to the front.

"And to be honest, I would not describe myself as a former 'warrior'. Someone who fought in the military should be titled a soldier."

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
OT: I hope you have at least some idea HOW TO PLAY CHESS. Otherwise I might have problems to fill my posts. XD. We dont have to write every move, I just like bringing shit like that in^^

"Every world got its own ways of showing politeness" Arc replied and took a short glance at the board. Victoria started with a e2 to e4, setting her right center pawn into one of the 4 central fields on the Chessboard. Arc simply did a d5 to d6, moving his right center pawn one field to the front.

"And to be honest, I would not describe myself as a former 'warrior'. Someone who fought in the military should be titled a soldier."
Yes I do know how to play chess, I wanted to avoid this being about chess because I figured neither of us can play chess at the level of who we are representing. Unless your some random grandmaster? Did you typo? Your pawns start on 7.

Nc3
"So the problem you had with my statement was the term warrior, not former? Makes sense, solider are much easier to find as formerly than warriors. Dropping your sword, it can be a sign of weakness or strength. I wonder which it was for you?"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:04 pm

OT: Yep a Typo

"It truly is a matter of opinion. What some see as a Weakness, other may perceive as a Strength." Arc replied without even looking at Victoria.

"Although it is not to say that I support those who are weak in my eyes. So the question is... Which Side you are on."

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:56 pm

OT: Yep a Typo

"It truly is a matter of opinion. What some see as a Weakness, other may perceive as a Strength." Arc replied without even looking at Victoria.

"Although it is not to say that I support those who are weak in my eyes. So the question is... Which Side you are on."

"Come now, we are not philosopher's, we are not trying to gauge all forms of the universe from all sides. I think we know full well what we are discussing. What are you hoping for me to reveal with such a question?" Victoria asked while moving a piece.

"If the question is what am I to you, then what is the answer?"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:33 pm

"The answer is simple, you are what you can prove. If you say you are weak then you should be able to prove it. If you claim to be strong you should be able to prove it." Arc explained while slowly moving one of his knights.

"But your answer gave me valuable information." Arc said and pushed the button on the chess clock

THoughts: She is a soldier allright. She is capable and willing to put aside personal views. She is definitely not a normal person. A warrior surely. Now I need to find out why Lucy was so interested in her.

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 pm

"The answer is simple, you are what you can prove. If you say you are weak then you should be able to prove it. If you claim to be strong you should be able to prove it." Arc explained while slowly moving one of his knights.

"But your answer gave me valuable information." Arc said and pushed the button on the chess clock

THoughts: She is a soldier allright. She is capable and willing to put aside personal views. She is definitely not a normal person. A warrior surely. Now I need to find out why Lucy was so interested in her.

"Claims and proof, they aren't for us. They are for layers and philosphers. I am what I do, nothing more, nothing less. Someone like you should understand that," Victoria said as she clicked the chess clock again, smiling as she signaled to Arc it is his move. "So, enlighten me, what have I given you?"

Victoria's thoughts. "Such thought in this one. It's no wonder he couldn't hold his sword. Those who think too much are bound to eventually be beaten by their own minds."

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:45 pm

"It is simple" Arc said and moved his second Knight onto the open field

"You showed me that you are capable and more than willing to put aside personal views and emotions. If you are conflicted you simply lock yourself up so you can do whatever you are doing without the need to reflect on it until far later." Arc explained and held his hand over the clock.

"Although in my eyes it is simply ignorance and a weakness. Being a human you should be capable of following your path despite being plagued by doubt, hesitance and remorse. Coping with your emotions and thoughts is one thing, ignoring them is an entirely different matter. Even worse is delegating the reasoning to your profession, or even worse your orders." he finished and clicked the button

EDIT: Added some more reasoning"

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:14 pm

"It is simple" Arc said and moved his second Knight onto the open field

"You showed me that you are capable and more than willing to put aside personal views and emotions. If you are conflicted you simply lock yourself up so you can do whatever you are doing without the need to reflect on it until far later." Arc explained and held his hand over the clock.

"Although in my eyes it is simply ignorance and a weakness. Being a human you should be capable of following your path despite being plagued by doubt, hesitance and remorse. Coping with your emotions and thoughts is one thing, ignoring them is an entirely different matter. Even worse is delegating the reasoning to your profession, or even worse your orders." he finished and clicked the button

EDIT: Added some more reasoning"

Victoria's smirks "Really? It sounds as if you expect people not to doubt. To me doubt isn't a weakness but an admission of truth. Those who lie to even themselves, are just pathetic. Besides it isn't what you feel that I consider important but what you do."

"I am afraid that you have not collected a clear picture of me if you suspect me of going against my beliefs because I was under orders," Victoria said as she clicked the clock.

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:42 am

"I believe you mistunderstood." Arc said with a slight glance at the chessfield.

"I think it is a part of human nature to make mistakes. The difference is if they do these voluntarily or not." Arc explained and closed his eyes to focus.

"Now to let me put this in a way you can understand. Human emotions are a highly powerful force and the reason we decide on different ways of doing what we do. But sometimes these emotions hinder our progress. What I say is that one has to overcome these hindering emotions to find the best possible way." Arc explained and his piercing grey eyes had a disappointed look in them.

"If you cannot overcome your emotions in a given situation, that is a sign that what you tried to do was a colossal mistake of a decision. Surpressing these emotions on the other side means blindly following the orders you are given or you give yourself. It stunts the potential you could possess to a streamlined power curve. Being in control of your emotions is one thing, ignoring them is a cataclysmic mistake. In the end overcoming emotions will make you far stronger than just forcing your way through without thinking about them." Arc  finished and moved a chess piece.

"So if I did not collect a clear picture of you, then enlighten me, what is that picture that I should have?"

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:27 pm

"I believe you mistunderstood." Arc said with a slight glance at the chessfield.

"I think it is a part of human nature to make mistakes. The difference is if they do these voluntarily or not." Arc explained and closed his eyes to focus.

"Now to let me put this in a way you can understand. Human emotions are a highly powerful force and the reason we decide on different ways of doing what we do. But sometimes these emotions hinder our progress. What I say is that one has to overcome these hindering emotions to find the best possible way." Arc explained and his piercing grey eyes had a disappointed look in them.

"If you cannot overcome your emotions in a given situation, that is a sign that what you tried to do was a colossal mistake of a decision. Surpressing these emotions on the other side means blindly following the orders you are given or you give yourself. It stunts the potential you could possess to a streamlined power curve. Being in control of your emotions is one thing, ignoring them is a cataclysmic mistake. In the end overcoming emotions will make you far stronger than just forcing your way through without thinking about them." Arc  finished and moved a chess piece.

"So if I did not collect a clear picture of you, then enlighten me, what is that picture that I should have?"

Victoria smiles "You are really something else aren't you? You remind me of my sister. She was a politician too. Normally I do not really approve of politicians but I can at the very least respect one that knows the feeling of actual blood on his hands."

Victoria clicked the chess clock and then looked up at Arc's face waiting for his next move. This game was becoming much more interesting to her.

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:56 am

"If you think I am a politician you are sorely mistaken." Arc said and let his hand hover over the board.

"Where I come from, power is everything. That reached a point where your personal title alone can instill fear on everyone who even remotely disagrees with you. I have only a small amount of experience. It is still a truly delighful sight when someone who craves for the top of the mountain hears the title of 'The Tyrant'" Arc said and moved his King straight up.

"But in exchange, those with power have to guide those who do not possess it."

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 pm

"If you think I am a politician you are sorely mistaken." Arc said and let his hand hover over the board.

"Where I come from, power is everything. That reached a point where your personal title alone can instill fear on everyone who even remotely disagrees with you. I have only a small amount of experience. It is still a truly delighful sight when someone who craves for the top of the mountain hears the title of 'The Tyrant'" Arc said and moved his King straight up.

"But in exchange, those with power have to guide those who do not possess it."

"Ha! I hope you realize how absurd you sound. It is like saying a sword is not a weapon. What is a politician other than one who tries guide others? You come from a society that enforces the will of the strong that means the strong are politicians. Have you not noticed this?"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:47 am

"Well I think it is a clash of definitions. For you a politician is a leader" Arc started but it was clear that he found that to be a wrong assumption

"In my opinion a politician is someone who uses fame and money to sway people to his side, gaining their support and access to their knowledge. In Utgard you do not 'convince' you 'enforce'"

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:41 am

"A clash of culture. I suppose at such a large gathering it can't be helped. In my home country officals were elected to power in the hopes they would try guide the common person. A politician could in my country use his position to try and only premote self gain as you seem to label them. I don't think the corruption requires a different title though. A cook, a warrior and a polication can all be corrupted. It would make them scum in addition to there other titles. You guide people? By force or not is relivant, to me it makes you a politician. I do not guide people, it is not my goal to guide the world into a better tommorrow, frankly I don't think I could. I simply get my hands dirty cleaning up scum. I figure the world find its own way to a better tommorrow if there is simply less scum than non scum. Would you not agree?"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:34 am

"There is one problem." Arc said and let his hand hover over the board once again.

"I never said that a politician needs to be corrupted. Yes they can be but they can also be good natured" Arc says while still choosing his move

"And while I do find your philosophy to be quite enticing I have to say that it is an impossibility. Evil and Good are 2 sides of the same thing. For some killing is a good thing, for others it is a bad thing for example. On the other hand it means no matter how much evil you destroy, it will never deminish. It will only concentrate on fewer beings. That way no matter how tough you are, no matter how long you fight, you are always doomed to fail." Arc said and he apparently decided on a move.

"In my eyes the only way to 'defeat evil' is to become the worst, most sadistic, most powerful, most morally bankrupt being in existence. Which in itself is an impossibility. Therefor I prefer to 'use' those who you consider corrupted for my own interests. Good and Evil cannot be separated, but they can be united" he said and moved his king forward. He activated the clock.

"Your turn"

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:55 pm

"There is one problem." Arc said and let his hand hover over the board once again.

"I never said that a politician needs to be corrupted. Yes they can be but they can also be good natured" Arc says while still choosing his move

"And while I do find your philosophy to be quite enticing I have to say that it is an impossibility. Evil and Good are 2 sides of the same thing. For some killing is a good thing, for others it is a bad thing for example. On the other hand it means no matter how much evil you destroy, it will never deminish. It will only concentrate on fewer beings. That way no matter how tough you are, no matter how long you fight, you are always doomed to fail." Arc said and he apparently decided on a move.

"In my eyes the only way to 'defeat evil' is to become the worst, most sadistic, most powerful, most morally bankrupt being in existence. Which in itself is an impossibility. Therefor I prefer to 'use' those who you consider corrupted for my own interests. Good and Evil cannot be separated, but they can be united" he said and moved his king forward. He activated the clock.

"Your turn"

"Life is to short to contemplate things that much. It leads to unhealthy doubt. While some doubt may have its use. To much will only stop you from doing anything. Sure, reversibility, I am sure the drug king pin considers himself a hero and by contrast considers me a villain but I don't care about him. If my method works or not or if it is impossible to win or not. I don't waste time on such things. Because simply put in the end I can't know. So I proceed, not recklessly but steadily. In he end I have faith I will be guided the right way." Victoria said in a brief monologue

"But, enough about me. How do you have find the time to breath will all this philosophy?"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:26 pm

"Because almost everyone shares this philosophy where I come from" Arc said

"The crime rate in Utgard was, once upon a time, non existant. Because people did not even dare to fight the law. The reason was our simple Meritocracy. In Essence whoever was the Ruler of Utgard would become the personification of cruelty and evil. It is the Rulers duty to destroy those who oppose him and those who oppose his rule until someone takes his place." Arc admitted and moved his King forward. His Assault was moving forward steadily

"Unfortunately it becomes tiresome to be challenged daily, whenever someone sees you to take that title from you. So I abandoned Utgard, delegated my powers to a group of people I hoped would be able to use it wisely. I have to admit, I failed at that. Miserably so"

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:20 am

"The will of the strong. It is also the intelligence of the fool. A soldier may be a wise leader but more often than not he isn't The strength of a leader does not always find themselves in soldiers. Not to mention I think regardless of that it is far to much to give one person that much control and expect him to be fair. In the end your society I think is wrong, I think you know this too. The cities lived not in peace but in fear. A leader is meant to be there for his people not the other way around." Victoria clicked the chess clock once more.

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:30 am

"Well the problem is..." Arc started and noticed a loose thread on his eyepatch.

"That strength does not always mean what you think. Most people translate power to destructive power." Arc replied and moved his right rook 3 tiles forward.

"But there is more about power. For us, power translates to the ability to defeat the opponent. Due to this many factors would end up being necessary to become the 'strongest'. Strength, Speed, Dexterity, Endurance, Knowledge, analytic ability, Wisdom, Perserverance, Tenacity. But the most important aspect is that destiny is on your side." Arc said but didnt click the clock yet.

"We in Utgard have a certain... belief in the concept of Destiny but only in one way: Destiny makes you the strongest when it deems you worthy of being a leader. At the same time these 'strongest' are not directly bound by destiny. They gain the potential. USING it is up to them." he explained and held his hand over the clock.

"But sometimes despite our pleas and our hopes, its not the people we WANT to be the strongest. it is just something we have to deal with and do out best to end as soon as possible" he ended his speech and started Victorias turn

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:05 am

"What a load of shit. If destiny exists then never have I seen a weaker force. Destiny is the excuse of those to weak willed to realize we make the difference. So this is why you dropped your sword? I must say, I am disappointed," Victoria said moving her piece. "Check"

Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
4500/4500  (4500/4500)
MP:
760/760  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 am

"Well it is more that Destiny gives you the possibility." Arc said while looking at the board.

"I 'dropped my sword' because when it comes down to it, I was titled the 'strongest' by sheer luck. In my personal opinion there are a few people more powerful and more fit to lead Utgard. I stepped down to give them a try." arc answered and started fiddling with loose thread on his eyepatch.

"It may be because I let certain people die to achieve this position. It may be because I decided to put the need of the many before their needs." Arc continued and moved his King one field to the left.

"But I seem to have realized that this was an error. I have the potential to lead them to a shining future. I should use it and destroy every obstacle in my way. Check" he ended his speech and turn, clicking the clock.

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:28 am

"I must know, what do you see destiny as? An Invisible man that gives people energy? Or a concept, the innate potential inside of us? If your argument is that we all have a different innate ability? Fine I give no arguement to that but that doesn't transfer to leading people. A leader isn't born. A leader is made." Victoria said blocking his advance.

"So you lost someone close to you?"

"In theory it sounds reasonable but in the end, if you do not see the difference between an obstacle you should destroy or not then you will become your most dangerous enemy."

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Vs Arc RP   

Back to top Go down

Victoria Vs Arc RP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next