Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmers forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! Forum!

Share | 
 

 Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:35 am

x1 Aussa the Earth Charmer
x1 Eria the Water Charmer
x1 Hiita the Fire Charmer
x1 Wynn the Wind Charmer
x1 Dharc the Dark Charmer
x1 Lyna the Light Charmer
x1 Familiar-Possessed - Aussa
x1 Familiar-Possessed - Eria
x1 Familiar-Possessed - Hiita
x1 Familiar-Possessed - Wynn
x2 Familiar-Possessed - Dharc
x3 Jigobyte
x2 Nefariousness Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness
x2 Inari Fire
x3 Fire Hand
x3 Ice Hand
x1 Debris Dragon

x3 Supply Squad
x3 Creature Swap
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Raigeki

x3 Familiars Unleashed (DN and Wiki use this as Possession Release's card name, not sure if it's a confirmed TCG name or not)
x3 Fiendish Chain

Extra:

x1 Black Rose Dragon
x1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
x1 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x1 Daigusto Emeral
x1 Lightning Chidori
x1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
x1 Gagaga Cowboy
x1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
x1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
x2 Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Ghostrick Alucard
x1 Abyss Dweller
x1 King of the Feral Imps

---------

- Deck's mindset is to delay opponent from killing me until I draw Possession Release, while allowing me to keep card advantage. Fire & Ice Hand does this job beautifully. Supply Squad prevent minus when my option is limited and forced me to set/summon my Charmer/FP before I draw Possession Release, while Spirit Reaper is self explanatory.

- x2 FP Dharc for now, will change one into FP Lyna if she's released in future.

- Allure of Darkness is there because it has 5 targets ATM. Might change Allure/Reaper/some Mirror Force to Traptrix engine later. (Thinking of adding x2 Traptrix Trap Hole and x2 Myrmeleo, if Traptrix work well, might keep the engine, but if not, might change Allure/Reaper into Snowman Eater or even lolsy Legendary Jujitsu Master)

- If Mirror Force doesn't work too well, planning to change them into BTS/Fiendish Chain.

Update November/28/2014:

Using the Charmer's familiars:

- Inari Fire: The least useful from the 3 familiars, but is still great because it doesn't afraid of destruction backrows. Usually, after special summoned by its first effect, it'll just used for Xyz, but sometimes it's better to leave it on field to bait opponent to attack it while there's Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed on field. In case it survives in opponent's end phase, if there's Archfiend Eater in grave, just destroy it and SS Archfiend Eater. It also allow Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed to trigger, getting me more pluses.

- Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness: Combo with Inari Fire and Jigobyte. It can also trigger Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed in case the opponent can't destroy Charmers that turned into a wall by the effect of Familiars Unleashed that turn, or in case that opponent refuses to attack to delay you from getting pluses via Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed. It can swap Xyz monsters that already don't have materials to itself, it can also swap the Lv3 Charmer to itself, allowing Xyz rank 4 during next turn.

- Jigobyte: The best familiar so far. It's also a searcher, that means, like Hands, it got plus plus if there's Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed. It can also be destroyed by Archfiend Eater's effect, allowing its effect to trigger. But it's use is actually farther from that. His reptile type actually make him stand out than the other familiars, because he's searchable by King of Feral Imps. It can combo like this:
> Normal summon FP
> Special Summon any familiar from your hand
> Special Summon other familiar from your hand (must be different name, you don't have to do this if you already have other level 4 monster on the field)
> Xyz the two familiars into King of Feral Imps, detach, search Jigobyte
> Special Summon Jigobyte
> Xyz with FP into another rank 4
Yes, it's that good. Allowing a Charmer deck to do aggresive play like this is a plus plus for this card.

The familiar's uses not limited to FP only, but also for Lv3 Charmers as well. Normal summoning the Lv3 Charmer, then Special Summoning the Familiars, followed by Creature Swap choosing your Charmer is also a way to steal opponent's monster.

Normal summoning Debris Dragon, special summoning Charmer from grave, then followed by special summoning 2 familiars from the hand, also allow the deck to do aggresive play. Xyz the 2 familiars into Rank 4, then the Charmer synchro with Debris into Lv 7 Dragon. If the rank 4 is King of Feral Imps, you can search Jigobyte for additional monster on field that can do 1500 damage, and is a searcher when it dies.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile


Last edited by Eria on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:43 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector


Posts : 1816
Charmer Power : 362
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Even with your logic behind it, Allure is weird in here. I feel like you're too focused on drawing and not focused on anything else. And I feel like 2x FP-Dharc is only in here so you can use Allure more consistently. Personally I'm not a fan, but tis your deck in the end. If you do drop Allure, drop a FP-Dharc for something else (your choice), and swap one of the Reapers for a Marshmallon, because that card's awesome! (plus I don't really see you attacking directly with Reaper very much)

Traptrix engine is nice, but if you're playing Hands and Traptrix you may as well be playing HATE, in which case Charmers aren't even needed lol

And yeah I see your point about Mirror Force being good now, but really, 3 is overkill. I'd drop one for a Solemn Warning, and maybe a second for Fiendish Chain or Wiretap or whatever other trap is popular in today's meta.

Also Lavalval Chain should be in your Extra. There's no earthly reason why it's not in here. Alucard would also be nice to see, and I'd swap one of your Zenmaines for it.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Even with your logic behind it, Allure is weird in here. I feel like you're too focused on drawing and not focused on anything else.
Well, excuuuuse meeeee. Not focused on anything else, like really? There's already several threads that I mention consistency issues in Charmer Deck, and you read all of them. Do I need to mention it again there? Drawing is part of increasing consistency. Because in Charmer deck, your hand can brick quite often since you need to use multiple Charmers to use Possession Release effectively. Also, 5 targets. Plus, if I already have Supply Squad, drawing into those targets becomes easier.

Generally you don't want to put Charmer into the field until you draw Possession Release, since they die easily and often just a vanilla sitting there, meaning if they killed, they die meaninglessly (unless there's Supply Squad already on the field). Also, I already mention the deck's mindset is to let me hang on field until I get the key card, Possession Release. This allow me to push opponent after they used their resource to deal with the Hands.

Hippocampus wrote:
If you do drop Allure, drop a FP-Dharc for something else (your choice), and swap one of the Reapers for a Marshmallon, because that card's awesome! (plus I don't really see you attacking directly with Reaper very much)

Yes, of course, dear. But I'll drop FP-Dharc after FP-Lyna is released. I just want to keep the ratio of Charmers and FP 6:6, that makes a total of 12 Charmer+FP. FP-Dharc has an additional effect when SS'ed even though it can only search Lyna, so he's better than the rest of the FP Charmers. I actually plan to use Marshmallon sometime later too. Marshmallon + Reaper + Dharc + Lyna is Chaos fodder, so maybe we'll meet that cute thing in another deck after Konami decides to release FP-Lyna. Smile

Hippocampus wrote:
Traptrix engine is nice, but if you're playing Hands and Traptrix you may as well be playing HATE, in which case Charmers aren't even needed lol

Eeeeeyyyyyy why play HAT while Artifacts do different things than Charmers. Artifacts doesn't have the ability the Charmers offered through Possession Release and their Snatch Steal tactic. Most of the time Artifact only did boring removals, but Charmers that steal opponent's monster is pure win compared to that. Also, everyone in this forum should agree that Charmers >>>>> Artifact. Not even that close, at least art-wise.  :v

Hippocampus wrote:
And yeah I see your point about Mirror Force being good now, but really, 3 is overkill. I'd drop one for a Solemn Warning, and maybe a second for Fiendish Chain or Wiretap or whatever other trap is popular in today's meta.

Ye, I know. That's why I said I plan to change them later. But, for now let me enjoy using them. I never tasted a format with x3 Mirror plus Raigeki and Dark Hole in one pack. It just seemed fun to include all of them in one deck.

Hippocampus wrote:
Also Lavalval Chain should be in your Extra. There's no earthly reason why it's not in here. Alucard would also be nice to see, and I'd swap one of your Zenmaines for it.

Ayuh, you're right. I forgot about Lavalval's ability to search Possession Release. Alucard is also nice, especially I didn't main MST. So suggestion accepted.

-1 Zenmaines +1 Lavalval Chain
-1 Blackship of Corn +1 Alucard

Edited 1st post.

EDIT: Wait, Chain can only stack monster to the top of the deck. It cannot stack s/t. So I don't see a reason to use it in this deck, since there's nothing to dump into grave. No way I want to SS Lavalval Chain just to dump Charmer/Reaper just to make a single Debris Dragon live. There's always much better RK4 to summon. This deck doesn't benefit on graveyard dump.

So, for now -1 Lavalval Chain +1 Abyss Dweller (just remembered that card is also useful).

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector


Posts : 1816
Charmer Power : 362
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 am

Eria wrote:
Well, excuuuuse meeeee. Not focused on anything else, like really? There's already several threads that I mention consistency issues in Charmer Deck, and you read all of them. Do I need to mention it again there? Drawing is part of increasing consistency. Because in Charmer deck, your hand can brick quite often since you need to use multiple Charmers to use Possession Release effectively. Also, 5 targets. Plus, if I already have Supply Squad, drawing into those targets becomes easier.
But for real, mate. You have 3x Supply Squad, 3x Pot of Duality, and 3x of each Hand, and you're STILL worried that you're not consistent enough? It almost sounds paranoid to include Allure. May as well try 3x Upstart Goblin too if you're still concerned about that Laughing

Eria wrote:
Generally you don't want to put Charmer into the field until you draw Possession Release, since they die easily and often just a vanilla sitting there, meaning if they killed, they die meaninglessly (unless there's Supply Squad already on the field). Also, I already mention the deck's mindset is to let me hang on field until I get the key card, Possession Release. This allow me to push opponent after they used their resource to deal with the Hands.
Well you can always search it out with A Cat of Ill Omen

Eria wrote:
Yes, of course, dear. But I'll drop FP-Dharc after FP-Lyna is released. I just want to keep the ratio of Charmers and FP 6:6, that makes a total of 12 Charmer+FP. FP-Dharc has an additional effect when SS'ed even though it can only search Lyna, so he's better than the rest of the FP Charmers. I actually plan to use Marshmallon sometime later too. Marshmallon + Reaper + Dharc + Lyna is Chaos fodder, so maybe we'll meet that cute thing in another deck after Konami decides to release FP-Lyna. Smile
The only problem is, you can't rely on Konami to release FP-Lyna. As much as it pains me to say that, it's not a guarantee that it will happen. You need to build the deck solely knowing what cards are available now, and not by expecting a certain card in the future. And just because you have Chaos fodder, that doesn't mean you need to add Chaos monsters. I mean you could, but this seems tight enough on space already.

Eria wrote:
Eeeeeyyyyyy why play HAT while Artifacts do different things than Charmers. Artifacts doesn't have the ability the Charmers offered through Possession Release and their Snatch Steal tactic. Most of the time Artifact only did boring removals, but Charmers that steal opponent's monster is pure win compared to that. Also, everyone in this forum should agree that Charmers >>>>> Artifact. Not even that close, at least art-wise.  :v
Just because the Charmers are better cards doesn't mean they're topping the meta :\

It reminds me of when someone (can't remember who) made a Dragon Ruler Charmers deck, just because they thought they could fit Charmers into the meta. Iirc Lightsworn Charmers and Prophecy Charmers were also tried by people on here. But none of these decks became meta because they never worked as good as their no-Charmer counterparts.

Eria wrote:
Ye, I know. That's why I said I plan to change them later. But, for now let me enjoy using them. I never tasted a format with x3 Mirror plus Raigeki and Dark Hole in one pack. It just seemed fun to include all of them in one deck.
I mean, I guess?

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Eria wrote:
Well, excuuuuse meeeee. Not focused on anything else, like really? There's already several threads that I mention consistency issues in Charmer Deck, and you read all of them. Do I need to mention it again there? Drawing is part of increasing consistency. Because in Charmer deck, your hand can brick quite often since you need to use multiple Charmers to use Possession Release effectively. Also, 5 targets. Plus, if I already have Supply Squad, drawing into those targets becomes easier.
But for real, mate. You have 3x Supply Squad, 3x Pot of Duality, and 3x of each Hand, and you're STILL worried that you're not consistent enough? It almost sounds paranoid to include Allure. May as well try 3x Upstart Goblin too if you're still concerned about that Laughing
It's not paranoid, it's called maxing the deck's consistency as much as possible. There's 12 cards with high potential to be vanilla monsters sitting on your hand/field and they needs to be backed by other consistent cards. If it's possible to max the consistency, then why not? Better pull out the deck's potential to be as competitive as possible.

Hippocampus wrote:
Eria wrote:
Yes, of course, dear. But I'll drop FP-Dharc after FP-Lyna is released. I just want to keep the ratio of Charmers and FP 6:6, that makes a total of 12 Charmer+FP. FP-Dharc has an additional effect when SS'ed even though it can only search Lyna, so he's better than the rest of the FP Charmers. I actually plan to use Marshmallon sometime later too. Marshmallon + Reaper + Dharc + Lyna is Chaos fodder, so maybe we'll meet that cute thing in another deck after Konami decides to release FP-Lyna. Smile
The only problem is, you can't rely on Konami to release FP-Lyna. As much as it pains me to say that, it's not a guarantee that it will happen. You need to build the deck solely knowing what cards are available now, and not by expecting a certain card in the future. And just because you have Chaos fodder, that doesn't mean you need to add Chaos monsters. I mean you could, but this seems tight enough on space already.

Why you're missing the point of this post so much?
I never said I'm hoping or expecting FP-Lyna to be released. Also note that I said "another deck". ANOTHER DECK. Not this deck. I never said I want to put those chaos fodder in this deck. And let me mention it again, I'm keeping 6:6 ratio, so that one more FP-Dharc already filled the space for FP-Lyna. What I'm implying is, I'll change that x1 FP-Dharc for FP-Lyna IF it's released. That will make the deck has complete Charmers, along with 6 different FPs.

Hippocampus wrote:
Eria wrote:
Eeeeeyyyyyy why play HAT while Artifacts do different things than Charmers. Artifacts doesn't have the ability the Charmers offered through Possession Release and their Snatch Steal tactic. Most of the time Artifact only did boring removals, but Charmers that steal opponent's monster is pure win compared to that. Also, everyone in this forum should agree that Charmers >>>>> Artifact. Not even that close, at least art-wise.  :v
Just because the Charmers are better cards doesn't mean they're topping the meta :\

It reminds me of when someone (can't remember who) made a Dragon Ruler Charmers deck, just because they thought they could fit Charmers into the meta. Iirc Lightsworn Charmers and Prophecy Charmers were also tried by people on here. But none of these decks became meta because they never worked as good as their no-Charmer counterparts.

Basically, your Charmer Monarch deck might as well changed into Frog Monarch because Charmer Monarch doesn't work as well as Frog Monarch.

"they thought they could fit Charmers into the meta" --> just your speculation or fact? If it's a fact, it's saddening, really.

Why you suddenly bringing up meta when we talk about Charmers is a mystery. If you mean Hands and Traptrix are meta material, they're nothing more than an engine used by Artifact. It's like saying using staple cards like Solemn Warning, Compul, BTH, will turn your deck into a meta deck, therefore you should use them with better cards that's not-suck to be called a meta deck.

Right now I'm just putting the Hands into Charmer Deck and you already compare it with meta by bringing the talk about Rulers/LS/Spellbook. The word "Charmer" in YGO currently is so far from the term "meta".

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector


Posts : 1816
Charmer Power : 362
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Eria wrote:
Basically, your Charmer Monarch deck might as well changed into Frog Monarch because Charmer Monarch doesn't work as well as Frog Monarch.
You're absolutely right. Case in point: I run Frog Monarchs irl, but I don't run Charmer Monarchs irl. Charmer Monarchs are something I just made for fun, and it's not even up to the current format anymore, while I have taken my Frog Monarch deck to a tournament before.

Eria wrote:
"they thought they could fit Charmers into the meta" --> just your speculation or fact? If it's a fact, it's saddening, really.
Tbh I don't know the motives of other people. Ask them, not me.

Eria wrote:
Why you suddenly bringing up meta when we talk about Charmers is a mystery. If you mean Hands and Traptrix are meta material, they're nothing more than an engine used by Artifact. It's like saying using staple cards like Solemn Warning, Compul, BTH, will turn your deck into a meta deck, therefore you should use them with better cards that's not-suck to be called a meta deck.

Right now I'm just putting the Hands into Charmer Deck and you already compare it with meta by bringing the talk about Rulers/LS/Spellbook. The word "Charmer" in YGO currently is so far from the term "meta".
Well actually, Hands by themselves were a key part of the meta, as you may recall. They definitely aren't "staples" like Warning, Compulsory, or BTH, because they don't work in every deck (I have never heard of a Shaddoll Hand deck, for instance, that was actually better than pure Shaddolls).

And you're acting like I think your decision to run Hands and Traptrix in this is a bad idea. On the contrary, it's a very good one. I was merely stating that your basic motive in making this deck seems to be playing competitively, and Hands/Traptrix would be using meta cards anyway.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:49 am

Hippocampus wrote:


And you're acting like I think your decision to run Hands and Traptrix in this is a bad idea. On the contrary, it's a very good one. I was merely stating that your basic motive in making this deck seems to be playing competitively, and Hands/Traptrix would be using meta cards anyway.

Cause you bring HAT and tell me to run that instead of Charmers. Cookie Monster

By the way, when Supply Squad + Possession Release is set up, the fun thing is to get massive pluses by suiciding the Hand, try to clear opponent's field before finally SSing FP Charmer to beat high ATK monster or just use to attack directly.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:34 am

So, I'm testing the Charmer's familiars (Inari Fire, Archfiend Eater, Jigobyte), and they surprisingly good. Drawing them with combination of any FP allow instant Xyz, and if there's 2 or more familiars in hand with different names, they can swarm the field. This is even better if the field already set up with Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed.

The familiar's additional effects are also useful. Their effects aren;t going to be used that often, but it still a nice addition. So far they do good in several situations I experienced below:

- Inari Fire: The least useful from the 3 familiars, but is still great because it doesn't afraid of destruction backrows. Usually, after special summoned by its first effect, it'll just used for Xyz, but sometimes it's better to leave it on field to bait opponent to attack it while there's Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed on field. In case it survives in opponent's end phase, if there's Archfiend Eater in grave, just destroy it and SS Archfiend Eater. It also allow Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed to trigger, getting me more pluses.

- Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness: Combo with Inari Fire and Jigobyte. It can also trigger Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed in case the opponent can't destroy Charmers that turned into a wall by the effect of Familiars Unleashed that turn, or in case that opponent refuses to attack to delay you from getting pluses via Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed. It can swap Xyz monsters that already don't have materials to itself, it can also swap the Lv3 Charmer to itself, allowing Xyz rank 4 during next turn.

- Jigobyte: The best familiar so far. It's also a searcher, that means, like Hands, it got plus plus if there's Supply Squad/Familiars Unleashed. It can also be destroyed by Archfiend Eater's effect, allowing its effect to trigger. But it's use is actually farther from that. His reptile type actually make him stand out than the other familiars, because he's searchable by King of Feral Imps. It can combo like this:
> Normal summon FP
> Special Summon any familiar from your hand
> Special Summon other familiar from your hand (must be different name, you don't have to do this if you already have other level 4 monster on the field)
> Xyz the two familiars into King of Feral Imps, detach, search Jigobyte
> Special Summon Jigobyte
> Xyz with FP into another rank 4
Yes, it's that good. Allowing a Charmer deck to do aggresive play like this is a plus plus for this card.

The familiar's uses not limited to FP only, but also for Lv3 Charmers as well. Normal summoning the Lv3 Charmer, then Special Summoning the Familiars, followed by Creature Swap choosing your Charmer is also a way to steal opponent's monster.

Normal summoning Debris Dragon, special summoning Charmer from grave, then followed by special summoning 2 familiars from the hand, also allow the deck to do aggresive play. Xyz the 2 familiars into Rank 4, then the Charmer synchro with Debris into Lv 7 Dragon. If the rank 4 is King of Feral Imps, you can search Jigobyte for additional monster on field that can do 1500 damage, and is a searcher when it dies.

^ I will put those in the OP

So, it's time to update the deck:

-2 Spirit Reaper
-3 Pot of Duality
-1 Allure of Darkness
-3 Mirror Force
-1 Bottomless Trap Hole
-1 Torrential Tribute
-1 Daigusto Emeral

+2 Inari Fire
+3 Jigobyte
+2 Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness
+1 Creature Swap
+1 King of Feral Imps
+3 Fiendish Chain

So officially dropped my idea of using Traptrix since I enjoy using the familiars more, they're also Charmer's friends! Smile

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector


Posts : 1816
Charmer Power : 362
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 25
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
500/500  (500/500)
MP:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:33 pm

-1 FP-Dharc (Now that you have no Allure, this seems even sillier. Plus you are a bit monster-heavy)
-1 Creature Swap (3 seems like overkill)
-1 Dark Hole (because it's worse than Torrential)
+1 Torrential Tribute (because it's better than Dark Hole)
+1 Mystical Space Typhoon (OMG y u no run this)
+1 Book of Moon/Forbidden Dress/Solemn Warning/Wiretap (any one of these will make your deck more versatile)

Also I doubt you need 2 101s, but I can't think of another replacement.

_________________
Quotes:
Quote :
[19:31:10 25/01/14] Corrupted Charmer, Y : We opened a new world
Quote :
[07:24:14] Runo : "The day when Hippocampus joined Charmers Community, he also lost his precious sleep time for sure."

Suspicious Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer


Posts : 2620
Charmer Power : 6520
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 25
Location : Charmer Forum
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :


Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
300/300  (300/300)
MP:
150/150  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)   Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Suggestions considered except FP-Dharc.

How many times I must tell you that he's replacement for FP-Lyna ATM and I'm running on 6:6 ratio on Lv3 Charmers and the FP. Not gonna change him.

You can think it's silly, but if I could, I can make the deck run more smoothly by cutting down the number of Lv3 Charmers so I won't get dead hand more often. I just want to play all the Charmers here and considering FP Lyna could come anytime, 6:6 ratio is perfect to play all of them. Now you can say Konami will never release her, but who knows. Better play at that ratio from now.

Creature Swap is at 3 because it swaps dead Charmer in hand into a more powerful monster. Not only that, with the familiars, normal summoning a Lv3 Charmer becomes more relevant to special summon them in case there's no FP in hand. They doesn't serve more purpose afterthat, and better just swap them. Also, in case opponent has multiple monsters, the hands can suicide and kill the weaker ones, leaving the stronger one to be swapped. So far I have no problem using 3, but in case it's really overkill, I'll change one to PWWB instead, same purpose to get rid of dead Charmer in hand.

_________________

Calling me Kaze or Kazemachi is as legit as calling me Eria. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
 
Neo Charmer Deck - post SECE (with Charmer's familiars)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Elemental Charmer
» Charmer Spellbooks
» Making best hero deck (post your deck here)
» Gemini Deck (Post-September Banlist)
» Battlin' Boxer deck guide

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Decks and Strategies-
Jump to: